Joe Perry says Slash/Aerosmith tour is happening

It literally just opened in January and it seems to have been redesigned specifically for good concert sound. I think thats why people are choosing it now (also cause it has a history of an older venue). Honestly, I've been to the Staples Center and I thought it was fine. I don't get the hate, but people in California HATE it. Apparently it has terrible acoustics and the seat setup sucks and its a total corporate place that people get pissed about it. I saw Kanye West there though so I guess thats not the best judge of a real live band playing.

I will say I also went to the Sports Arena and I understand why Pearl Jam chose it over Staples. I didn't have bad sound at Staples, but Sports was miles better. Its a dump of a place, but its a charming dump. You know its been through a lot of good stuff and it also feels more intimate. The seats are closer to the stage and its got no corporate stuff anywhere because, like I said, its a dump ("The dump that jumps" as Bruce Springsteen puts it). That means a lot to performers and they choose those places if they are available because the business is just as good and its a better concert experience according to most. The Forum is looking like its becoming the new standard there. I've been told people only play Staples because they are forced to play there but would have rather chosen other places.

Hmmmm, all right. I understand. Now then. Another question on the back of my mind. How do big arena bands determine whether to pick these indoor venues as oppose to an amphitheater like the Hollywood Bowl?

As for the main topic, I still may go to this show though depending on price. I'm not looking for something too fancy in terms of seating.

Edited by Anguyen92

Combination!

Slash always states ROCKS as the first album that really got him into rock.

Man if he jammed on that, it would be insane!

I remember some kid held up a sign that said "Eat the Rich" and Todd saw it and sort just shrugged like, "Sorry man, it's not in the setlist."

Who is Todd?

Meant Tom. For some reason I always call him Todd, get corrected about every time but I still do it... no idea why.

I hope this announcement does not break whatever is left of my heart more than it already has.

LA Forum. Why not Staples Center? I question how do bands choose whether to pick the Forum or Staples Center. I may go if it is in Staples Center. I got connections there that could finagle something for me.

Edit: Actually, I would be a little more mad if this tour books a show in LA before AB books a show there.

The forum is probably a lot cheaper to rent then Staples centre.

I have been complaining about being broke on here a lot (see last year's Stones thread) but fortunatly I have made the major gigs happen that I have wanted to go to. I'd love to see Aerosmith and Slash, but considering I've seen Aerosmith twice and Slash around 5 times, I won't be too torn up about not going. I am fortunate that I have seen most major touring acts I really want to at least once, and the only MAJOR one coming around me by this year is Queen. All others I haven't seen yet that I would like to coming this summer I am pretty sure will be around some other time. And I'll defiantly try and catch Slash for his solo tour in the Fall or 2015.

Not too torn up about this and hope everyone who goes on here has a blast! Aerosmith sometimes has shitty setlists, but they are a very good live band. The first time I saw them the set was pretty generic and severly lacking on 70s tunes, but I was closer and it was my first time seeing them. Amazing show (no pun intended). The second time my gf and I were in the nosebleeds and the band didn't sound nearly as good as the first gig but the set was significantly better. Another good show once the sound problems were fixed and the good tunes were played.

This was from the second show I was at- tell me that is not a legendary performance

Edited by ZoSoRose

Wanna see some more dates guys ?

Jones Beach july 10th
Ontario, CAN July 13th
Mansfield, MA July 16th
Rock Fest, WI July 19th
Cincinnati, OH July 22th
Chicago, IL July 25th
Los Angeles, CA July 30th
Atlanta, GA August 28th
Newark, NJ Sept. 3rd

Let's wait for tomorow at noon (PT) for official annoucement. Aerosmith will be there with Slash. The band will perform few songs too.
Listen to Ryan Seacrest tomorrow morning on 102.7 KIIS-FM 5am-10pm (PT) to get more exclusive news about it ! ;)

Holy moly. Myles is going to go four days in a row of shows and two days where he plays at the same festival.

On a side note, most of August is empty. I hope this means something good for AB. I need a show from them in the West Coast. :shrugs:

Holy moly. Myles is going to go four days in a row of shows and two days where he plays at the same festival.

On a side note, most of August is empty. I hope this means something good for AB. I need a show from them in the West Coast. :shrugs:

I guess there will be more dates in August but let's see tomorrow for confirmation.

Quite sure Slash won't open on all the dates... Wait and see....hehe ;-)

Holy fuck, Newark?! Thats awesome. Much rather an arena than an amphitheater. Much better sound. And I've never been to Prudential so this is gonna be sweet. Might do top dollar for that show and then lawn for PNC, if a PNC is announced that is. Seems weird they'd do Jones Beach and not PNC. Those two are always a pair.

Thanks for the tip. I'm so looking forward to this tour.

I'll be at PNC :headbang: . We should definitely get a crew together if enough people are going to that show. Either group thats willing to pay top dollar for great seats or just a group that wants to chill and get drunk on the lawn for a killer hard rock show :P .

I'm thinking the latter.

Wanna see some more dates guys ?

Jones Beach july 10th

Ontario, CAN July 13th

Mansfield, MA July 16th

Rock Fest, WI July 19th

Cincinnati, OH July 22th

Chicago, IL July 25th

Los Angeles, CA July 30th

Atlanta, GA August 28th

Newark, NJ Sept. 3rd

Let's wait for tomorow at noon (PT) for official annoucement. Aerosmith will be there with Slash. The band will perform few songs too.

Listen to Ryan Seacrest tomorrow morning on 102.7 KIIS-FM 5am-10pm (PT) to get more exclusive news about it ! ;)

Noooooo, I hope it's not Jones Beach instead of PNC, hopefully they'll announce both. Newark, NJ is cool too, Prudential Center I guess?

Definitely Prudential Center if its Newark. There's nowhere else to play. Except a dark alley (rimshot). You know, cause Newark is poor.

Wouldn't be too upset if its just Jones Beach and not PNC. Both PNC and Prudential seems like a lot, but PNC could very well fill the NJ quota while Prudential would have enough NY people to warrant a second show. Also, Jones Beach is a day before my birthday so I would not be against changing the drunken cheap rock show to that if there's no PNC.

Fuck yeah, ampitheaters are cheap

So are you thinking of going now?

If its around 30 bucks at PIne Knob and I am not too far away, sure Ill go. If not, its no huge deal as I have seem both on more than once occasion

Definitely Prudential Center if its Newark. There's nowhere else to play. Except a dark alley (rimshot). You know, cause Newark is poor.

Wouldn't be too upset if its just Jones Beach and not PNC. Both PNC and Prudential seems like a lot, but PNC could very well fill the NJ quota while Prudential would have enough NY people to warrant a second show. Also, Jones Beach is a day before my birthday so I would not be against changing the drunken cheap rock show to that if there's no PNC.

Ding ding ! You got it, it's Prudential center ;-)

http://www.prucenter.com/event.php?EventID=41

• Like 1

Prudential Center is a nice building, I just don't like the $40 parking. I know there's cheaper parking further away from the arena but ain't no f'n way I'm walking down a dark street in Newark at 11PM.

• Like 1

Prudential Center is a nice building, I just don't like the $40 parking. I know there's cheaper parking further away from the arena but ain't no f'n way I'm walking down a dark street in Newark at 11PM.

Honestly, don't feel scared at all. Its a heavily populated area, and most likely you'll be walking with a group of others from the concert. And there are cops all around. Stay on the main street there and you should be fine. Despite what I said before, the perception of Newark is blown way out of proportion, especially in the area the Prudential center is in.