Joe Perry says Slash/Aerosmith tour is happening

Prudential Center is a nice building, I just don't like the $40 parking. I know there's cheaper parking further away from the arena but ain't no f'n way I'm walking down a dark street in Newark at 11PM.

I'm also worried that being the Prudential Center, the ticket prices would be a bit more expensive than the amphitheater shows. And besides, this bill really seems like a summer party show, you won't really get that at PruCent.

Prudential Center is a nice building, I just don't like the $40 parking. I know there's cheaper parking further away from the arena but ain't no f'n way I'm walking down a dark street in Newark at 11PM.

Honestly, don't feel scared at all. Its a heavily populated area, and most likely you'll be walking with a group of others from the concert. And there are cops all around. Stay on the main street there and you should be fine. Despite what I said before, the perception of Newark is blown way out of proportion, especially in the area the Prudential center is in.

Mostly true. I was however in Newark late at night a few weeks ago after coming back from NYC. There had been a Devils game in Newark that night, but the town was actually very desolate - didn't see any police officers. This was around 12:15, plenty of people in Devil's Jersey's still at the bars near Prudential, but not really any activity other than that. Was walking with Henry and Jake, and we were accosted by a fine gentleman asking for change (Henry got freaked out and literally jerked about 270 degrees and a meter from where he was previously standing, out of natural fear, thus confirming his racism). But anyway, yeah Newark is normally fine.

I'll be at PNC :headbang: . We should definitely get a crew together if enough people are going to that show. Either group thats willing to pay top dollar for great seats or just a group that wants to chill and get drunk on the lawn for a killer hard rock show :P .

I'm thinking the latter.

Wanna see some more dates guys ?

Jones Beach july 10th

Ontario, CAN July 13th

Mansfield, MA July 16th

Rock Fest, WI July 19th

Cincinnati, OH July 22th

Chicago, IL July 25th

Los Angeles, CA July 30th

Atlanta, GA August 28th

Newark, NJ Sept. 3rd

Let's wait for tomorow at noon (PT) for official annoucement. Aerosmith will be there with Slash. The band will perform few songs too.

Listen to Ryan Seacrest tomorrow morning on 102.7 KIIS-FM 5am-10pm (PT) to get more exclusive news about it ! ;)

Noooooo, I hope it's not Jones Beach instead of PNC, hopefully they'll announce both. Newark, NJ is cool too, Prudential Center I guess?

Jones Beach is a way better venue than PNC. Like, they're not even in the same league.

Odds are I won't be able to do any gigs since I'm flying home from England on July 11th. Oh well.

I'm also worried that being the Prudential Center, the ticket prices would be a bit more expensive than the amphitheater shows. And besides, this bill really seems like a summer party show, you won't really get that at PruCent.

Honestly, don't feel scared at all. Its a heavily populated area, and most likely you'll be walking with a group of others from the concert. And there are cops all around. Stay on the main street there and you should be fine. Despite what I said before, the perception of Newark is blown way out of proportion, especially in the area the Prudential center is in.

Mostly true. I was however in Newark late at night a few weeks ago after coming back from NYC. There had been a Devils game in Newark that night, but the town was actually very desolate - didn't see any police officers. This was around 12:15, plenty of people in Devil's Jersey's still at the bars near Prudential, but not really any activity other than that. Was walking with Henry and Jake, and we were accosted by a fine gentleman asking for change (Henry got freaked out and literally jerked about 270 degrees and a meter from where he was previously standing, out of natural fear, thus confirming his racism). But anyway, yeah Newark is normally fine.

Fair enough. I've never had a problem and I've found if you keep to the well lit streets near the train station you should be fine and not bothered. Its really like any other city and I just meant you won't randomly be assaulted by a guy with a gun like most people seem to think Also, if you specifically leave with the rest of the concert I think its a lot different and wouldn't be as desolate than being in the city on the night when there was a game that had ended hours before. But overall I understand what you're saying and my basic point was if people really want to go to the show I wouldn't be afraid of Newark.

No need to really discuss it any more though. Might as well wait for the rest of the dates this afternoon and hammer things out then! Also, I do agree Jones Beach is a great venue and I love going there. But I understand where Omar is coming from in that PNC is much more relaxed with the lawn atmosphere, and if Omar is like me which I think he may be, PNC is SO much closer in proximity to where I live that Jones Beach is just a major hassle to get to. But I've done the Beach several times and enjoyed the venue a lot.

Jones Beach july 10th

Ontario, CAN July 13th

Mansfield, MA July 16th

Rock Fest, WI July 19th

Cincinnati, OH July 22th

Chicago, IL July 25th

Atlanta, GA August 28th

Newark, NJ Sept. 3rd

Let's wait for tomorow at noon (PT) for official annoucement. Aerosmith will be there with Slash. The band will perform few songs too.

Listen to Ryan Seacrest tomorrow morning on 102.7 KIIS-FM 5am-10pm (PT) to get more exclusive news about it ! ;)

July 13 is the Kitchener gig.

Fair enough. I've never had a problem and I've found if you keep to the well lit streets near the train station you should be fine and not bothered. Its really like any other city and I just meant you won't randomly be assaulted by a guy with a gun like most people seem to think Also, if you specifically leave with the rest of the concert I think its a lot different and wouldn't be as desolate than being in the city on the night when there was a game that had ended hours before. But overall I understand what you're saying and my basic point was if people really want to go to the show I wouldn't be afraid of Newark.

No need to really discuss it any more though. Might as well wait for the rest of the dates this afternoon and hammer things out then! Also, I do agree Jones Beach is a great venue and I love going there. But I understand where Omar is coming from in that PNC is much more relaxed with the lawn atmosphere, and if Omar is like me which I think he may be, PNC is SO much closer in proximity to where I live that Jones Beach is just a major hassle to get to. But I've done the Beach several times and enjoyed the venue a lot.

I actually grew up in Newark, and I agree with Gunsfan, that area isn't really that bad. It's desolate at night because it's the financial center, the Prudencial, Met Life, and DTI buildings are there. It's not residential, so unless there's a show, there's no one around at night. There is actually a very vibrant nightlife in Newark, but it's a quarter mile from the Rock. The Ironbound section has a ton it trendy bars and resteraunts, and are packed with hotties every weekend.

The area's bad rep was well deserved 20 years ago. I was literally a shit hole. I could tell you a ton of stories about it, but I'll limit myself to this one. The area was so bad that it was littered with hookers, every one of them had aids, and it got so bad that the city actually put up signs warning folks that the prostitutes had the disease.

The area has come a long way since than. So much so that, as Gunsfan said, you can walk there at night and be OK. Just stick to the main roads and don't stray too far. It can still get pretty hairy if you go a quarter mile in the wrong direction. ;)

• Like 1

Jones Beach july 10th

Ontario, CAN July 13th

Mansfield, MA July 16th

Rock Fest, WI July 19th

Cincinnati, OH July 22th

Chicago, IL July 25th

Atlanta, GA August 28th

Newark, NJ Sept. 3rd

July 13 is the Kitchener gig.

yes Kitchener, ON- CANADA ! :P;)

I was literally a shit hole.

Well that seems like you're being unnecessarily hard on yourself :lol: . But nah, I'm glad there could be more of an elaboration on the current area. Thats QUITE a story about 20 years ago though :blink: !

Lol, thanks for the kind words, maybe I'm not a shit hole after all. :)

Maybe 30 years ago, the 80'a were rock bottom for Newark. The redevelopment really started in the 90's.

Also, in case anyone is interested, Newark has a decent metal scene. There are 2 popular bars / clubs that I know of, QXT's and Hell's Kitchen. I haven't been out that way in years, but I think the scene is mostly death metal now-a-days.

OFFICIAL TOUR DATES:

http://www.ryanseacrest.com/2014/04/08/steven-tyler-and-joe-perry-reveal-details-on-aerosmith-tour/?utm_campaign=tweets&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

July 10 Wantagh, New York Nikon at Jones Beach Theatre
July 13 Kitchener, ON, Canada McLennan Park
July 16 Mansfield, MA Xfinity Center
July 19 Cadott, WI Rock Fest
July 22 Cincinnati, OH Riverbend Music Center
July 25 Tinley Park, IL First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
July 30 Inglewood, CA The Forum
August 2 Las Vegas, NV MGM Grand Garden Arena
August 5 Dana Point, CA St. Regis Resort-Outdoors
August 8 Stateline, NV Lake Tahoe Outdoor Arena At Harveys
August 13 Concord, CA Sleep Train Pavilion
August 16 George, WA The Gorge Amphitheatre
August 19 Denver, CO Pepsi Center
August 22 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center
August 25 The Woodlands, TX The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
August 28 Atlanta, GA Phillips Arena
August 31 Atlantic City, NJ Boardwalk Hall
September 3 Newark, NJ Prudential Center
September 6 Bristow, VA Jiffy Lube Live
September 9 Clarkston, MI DTE Energy Music Theatre
September 12 Sydney, NS, Canada Open Hearth Park

I found that surprising that they would play in that area, Nova Scotia. Wouldn't Montreal, Quebec be more than suffice?

Lots of rock tours have hit Nova Scotia.

There's nothing listed for Toronto yet either.

I doubt they're heading back in to Canada for one East Coast gig.

I've got a feeling there are more dates coming.

I just checked ticketmaster for the price range for the LA show at the Forum. Blarghhhhhh. I mean it's not so much of the $50 nosebleeds or the $150 floor seats (did I get that term, right?) that I'm miffed about. That's pretty standard for a bill of this magnitude. It's the friken fees that gets makes you want to chuck the computer out of the window.

ttYa461.png

http://www.ticketmaster.com/aerosmith-let-rock-rule-inglewood-california-07-30-2014/event/09004C8414FBF378?artistid=734396&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

I'm out. I'll wait to see if there is a Slash headlining show at a cheaper price in the area or an Alter Bridge show (especially an Alter Bridge show ;) .)

Edited by Anguyen92

I'm still thinking about it. If it was 150 with fees that would be ok. But on the East Coast, these tickets are 175 and over 200 with fees. I'm questioning maybe waiting and seeing if they don't sell out and trying to get lucky with a cheap good one. Or using a contact that I have that I try to limit myself with, because that'll be top dollar but at least it guarantees a really great seat.

See, if they put tickets onsale immediately I probably would have bought one. But now that I lived with the idea a few weeks I'm starting to think clearly lol.

Eh, this is the reason I was hoping for a PNC show - for the lawn deal. I'd spend $100 to see a Slash headlining show (which I know he doesn't charge, just an example) way before I'd consider spending $100+ for an Aero headlining show, since I've already seen 'em twice and it's not like they're going to radically change the set list to include the sogns I want to hear. Unfortunate, but it looks more and more like I will not be catching a show on this tour. I'm perfectly fine waiting for a Slash headlining tour.