Topps Cards

As some people may already know Axl had 4 cards for autograph redemption which all are pending delivery

Anyone here buy a Axl Rose redemption card? I know a few did at HTGTH

It's been about 6 months to a year now

AxlRoseEXCH.jpg

One of the HTGTH forum members contacted Topps in September 2013

htgth_zpsb64359e5.jpg

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

So the cards never came out a few years after being up for sale?

You enter the redemption codes on the back of the cards as seen in the picture into the Topps redemption site and Topps mailout Autographed cards

The Topps website has been saying Pending ever since I entered my codes :lol:

You enter the redemption codes on the back of the cards as seen in the picture into the Topps redemption site and Topps mailout Autographed cards

What happens if the 31st of July 2016 comes by and you don't receive your cards? Do you get a refund?

What happens if the 31st of July 2016 comes by and you don't receive your cards? Do you get a refund?

The odds of some of these cards being in a pack is between approx 10,000 packs to 1 to 100,000 packs to 1

If the cards are never Autographed then it says a substitution card will be sent (e.g a baseball card that would be worthless to me)

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

Why not just sign them? How many cards are we talking? Would it take a hour of his time? A day?

I suspect someone may have agreed this on his behalf hence the reluctance to see it through, a bit like the cancelled tour. As we speak it's probably sandwiched between rockfuel and rapidfire in ongoing legal issues.

How much did people pay for these redemption cards? Is it just a case of dealers finding them and then reselling to fans on eBay?

I've seen them go for around $100-300, of course the higher number is back after they were first hitting eBay and people had a glimmer of hope! I was lucky enough to get one and of course I'm still waiting! IMO the cards are there, they just have yet to be signed...

EDIT: maybe I should change luck to bad luck...

Edited by systronic

Damn. This is how much Axl Rose cares about his fans.

Sorry to hear ThinkAboutYou. I hope you get what you deserve.

I knew it was risky

But 200+ fans will either be happy or disappointed depending on Axl following through

ThinkAboutYou, do you honestly think we will ever see our signed cards? To be perfectly honest, I don't think ill ever get mine. I think in the end Topps will offer something in return, i just don't think it will be a Axl Rose signed card....I hope I'm wrong. I think it was a HUGE mistake on Topps part to offer this without the signed cards already in hand.

I knew it was risky

But 200+ fans will either be happy or disappointed depending on Axl following through

ThinkAboutYou, do you honestly think we will ever see our signed cards? To be perfectly honest, I don't think ill ever get mine. I think in the end Topps will offer something in return, i just don't think it will be a Axl Rose signed card....I hope I'm wrong. I think it was a HUGE mistake on Topps part to offer this without the signed cards already in hand.

I have no idea if Axl will sign the cards but I know I don't want baseball player card substitutes and either do the other Axl fans waiting

• Like 1

The redemption cards were inserted randomly in what? Packs of baseball cards? I haven't collected cards since Ken Griffey Jr's rookie year.

Ah, the good old Upper Deck rookie card. It was always one of my favorites! Unfortunately, I stupidly traded it for a few Jose Canseco cards.....

I knew it was risky

I have no idea if Axl will sign the cards but I know I don't want baseball player card substitutes and either do the other Axl fans waiting

I agree, if I was still in my teens and it was the late 80s, early 90s I probably would've considered taking certain limited baseball cards in its place. However, I have not collected baseball cards since 1991 and have absolutely no interest in them now. Otherwise, my collection of baseball cards from my childhood would be inside instead of my storage room outside. I just want the Axl Rose card that I was offered through Topps horrendous redemption program. From what I've read though, Axl is not the first redemption card that Topps had a issue with...