New features to improve transparency

highvoltage

Additionally, we'll be creating a "banned member" thread to be pinned and locked in Support. We'll use the thread to record the details of members that get banned, as well as any relevant history in explaining our reasons for doing so. I'll give more details in the thread itself when it's posted shortly and add a link to it here. The mod who performs the ban will make the post.

Missed this. Love it. Hope you don't bother posting adspam accounts and stuff like that in it though.

Edited by bacardimayne

Additionally, we'll be creating a "banned member" thread to be pinned and locked in Support. We'll use the thread to record the details of members that get banned, as well as any relevant history in explaining our reasons for doing so. I'll give more details in the thread itself when it's posted shortly and add a link to it here. The mod who performs the ban will make the post.

Missed this. Love it. Hope you don't bother posting adspam accounts and stuff like that in it though.

No, we won't include crap like that. "Notable" members, and not people with less than 10 posts that just registered to spam the place.

Also not going to go any further back than a couple of weeks at most.

Meaning? The information for a ban will only be up for two weeks?

No, I mean in terms of putting people in there that we banned 6 months ago. Anything we post in there will stay there.

No, I mean in terms of putting people in there that we banned 6 months ago. Anything we post in there will stay there.

Oh. I didn't expect you guys to do that at all. Thought it'd be all going forward. I hope Volcano is the initial inductee into the BMHOF.

Edited by bacardimayne

Oh. I didn't expect you guys to do that at all. Thought it'd be all going forward. I hope Volcano is the initial inductee into the BMHOF.

You could be the inaugural inductee if you work hard enough at it :awesomeface:

• Like 1

This is going into David Brent areas; I mean, 'transparency'?

People occasionally express concern about how we moderate. This gives them more information about who's done what if they're wondering about missing posts or whatever else.

Call it lame if you want, but some people value that. :shrugs:

• Like 1