New features to improve transparency

highvoltage

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Additionally, we'll be creating a "banned member" thread to be pinned and locked in Support. We'll use the thread to record the details of members that get banned, as well as any relevant history in explaining our reasons for doing so. I'll give more details in the thread itself when it's posted shortly and add a link to it here. The mod who performs the ban will make the post.

Can a mod give a status on this please? hooray for transparency

I, for one, don't care about that thread. Why would I want to discuss whatever happened with members that are no longer part of the forum?

That's how I've always felt as well, not to mention the fact that almost all bannings are a result of wildly obviously trolling and/or breaking of rules.

I, for one, don't care about that thread. Why would I want to discuss whatever happened with members that are no longer part of the forum?

That's how I've always felt as well, not to mention the fact that almost all bannings are a result of wildly obviously trolling and/or breaking of rules.

It's for transparency. For example, Randy mentioned that he was banned for calling you a not-so-nice name in a PM. I'm guessing there is much more to that story as it seems inconceivable that someone would get banned from a private-message argument.

It's for transparency. For example, Randy mentioned that he was banned for calling you a not-so-nice name in a PM. I'm guessing there is much more to that story as it seems inconceivable that someone would get banned from a private-message argument.
Really? Call a mod a cunt via PM and wouldn't you expect to get a ban?

I would think that would be the perfect way to get canned personally. :shrugs:

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1

Agreed.

Mods don't have to explain themselves to the rest of the members as to why they banned this member or another. Because by doing so, other lapdogs and asslickers would question their actions or fuel the shit talking on another forums.

Really? Call a mod a cunt via PM and wouldn't you expect to get a ban?

I would think that would be the perfect way to get canned personally. :shrugs:

I disagree as it was behind closed doors, but that's just my opinion. What if he said 'goof' or 'asshole'? Is that still ban-worthy or do are you offended by cunts specifically?

Maynard- your obsession with bringing up MSLs name into discussions is getting lame.

Edited by Coma16

Just because Randy claimed he was banned, doesn't mean he was ;) On the other hand, one of his alt accounts (which is against the rules) was banned.

Transparency? People break the rules and get banned. Don't think the mods owe us any explanation. The banned people will go to MSL's site complain (and lie) about it anyway.

Regardless of where they complain about, most people if not all people who get banned complain anyways. It's the two-faced lapdogs who instigate and spread lies between forums. By having a thread where mods "explain" why they banned this member or another, they simply give tools to these sad losers. That's in my opinion.

Just because Randy claimed he was banned, doesn't mean he was ;) On the other hand, one of his alt accounts (which is against the rules) was banned.

Agreed. Was just using that as an example.

Transparency? People break the rules and get banned. Don't think the mods owe us any explanation. The banned people will go to MSL's site complain (and lie) about it anyway.

Regardless of where they complain about, most people if not all people who get banned complain anyways. It's the two-faced lapdogs who instigate and spread lies between forums. By having a thread where mods "explain" why they banned this member or another, they simply give tools to these sad losers. That's in my opinion.

Exactly. I visit tons of message boards and have never seen anything like a thread for mods to explain why they ban people. Never.

Edited by ProstituteComa

Agreed. Was just using that as an example.

So you used an example of someone claiming they were banned when they weren't as an example as to why mods should have to explain it?

• Like 2

HV should have never promised it.

Exactly. I visit tons of message boards and have never seen anything like a thread for mods to explain why they ban people. Never.

Yeah, that's what I think. Having a thread about banned members is just stupid. I have never seen something like that in any of the other forums I visit.

Yeah, that's what I think. Having a thread about banned members is just stupid. I have never seen something like that in any of the other forums I visit.

I've never seen it either.

Downzy is saying it's something that will be added soon, so I'll close this discussion until that happens.

One thing to keep in mind is that the the thread wouldn't be meant for any sort of debate. It would be a very simple, closed thread where the mods would post when a user is banned and that is all.

• Like 2