What are the fondest moments of GN'R?

Fondest moments for each user or the world in general?

Both. Either or.

Gotcha.

For "The World" I think GN'R's legacy will be AFD & CD. Good reasons for the first and negative reasons for the second.

For me... there's almost too many to mention. Hearing each album for the first time, the most important of which being the first time I heard Jungle and thought "WHOA! Who the fuck are these guys!?" probably tops my list.

For me personally? Seeing the Paris PPV live; buying Appetite and UYI1 on cassette with my pocket money and playing them like crazy; seeing Axl and Izzy live in 2006 - Axl had an excellent voice then - and (for the wrong reasons) seeing Axl having a hissy fit at that very same show. I suddenly realised I was viewing an 'Axl Rose incident' live, the type which I had witnessed on many bootlegs, haha.

More generally? Appetite.

Edited by DieselDaisy

The UYI tours. Seeing GN'R at their pinnacle, and being the best band on the fucking planet. Seeing them hit Paris, Rio, Tokyo and many others back in the early 90's.... just their pure essence and stage charisma together. You just knew you were watching something special.

^^^ Epicness

• Like 1

The UYI tours. Seeing GN'R at their pinnacle, and being the best band on the fucking planet. Seeing them hit Paris, Rio, Tokyo and many others back in the early 90's.... just their pure essence and stage charisma together. You just knew you were watching something special.

^^^ Epicness

:wub:

^^^ Epicness

You were there? I am officially jealous.
  • Like 1

- Seeing KOHD from Ritz on MTV

- Listening to AFD all the way through for the first time

- Drunkenness at AMAs

- Buying UYIs

- Rock poses mimicking Axl in LALD video

- Rock poses mimicking Slash in NR video

- Playing the shit out of the Tokyo, uh, VHS :lol:

- Rediscovering Estranged through Tokyo show

- 2002 Philly no show (oddly)

- Axl darting to front stage center to begin Jungle at first 2006 Hammerstein show, my first time seeing him, finally

- Standing in front of Robin every show I saw him

- You're Crazy - Brooklyn Bowl

- Finding out that maybe the only girl I've ever loved, a Portuguese Comparative Literature doctoral student, was almost as obsessed with GNR as I was. Almost.

^^^ Epicness

I never saw them in Tokyo or Paris but I made the Rio 91' event with the parents as a youngster, have vague memories of it. Mom and Dad are huge GN'R fans and we spent like 2 weeks in Brazil back in the day. Was the only event i'd had the privilege of seeing original GN'R in their prime.

• Like 2

I remember hearing Appetite for the first time like it was yesterday. That's what hooked me.

There are just too many 'epic' moments for me. Axl storming out at the end for Bohemian Rhapsody at the tribute concert still gives me chills each time I watch it. That's the man at his peak, right there.

(3:10)

The leaks in 2006 and 2007 were really fun times, I can't compare the environment/community from the boards in 2006 to anything since, really.

^^^ Epicness

I never saw them in Tokyo or Paris but I made the Rio 91' event with the parents as a youngster, have vague memories of it. Mom and Dad are huge GN'R fans and we spent like 2 weeks in Brazil back in the day. Was the only event i'd had the privilege of seeing original GN'R in their prime.

What a fucking event to get to see though man. That had to be amazing. The only chance I got to see the semi-classic lineup was in Fargo in '93. It was a great show, but I'm sure it can't hold a candle to seeing them in Rio.
  • Like 1

^^^ Epicness

Weren't you 2 in 1991?

• Like 1

^^^ Epicness

What a fucking event to get to see though man. That had to be amazing. The only chance I got to see the semi-classic lineup was in Fargo in '93. It was a great show, but I'm sure it can't hold a candle to seeing them in Rio.

Still great that you had the chance to see them back then, though. I'm not being bias of anything just because I was there, but to me, Rio 91' was one of the best, if not the best GN'R performances i've ever seen, even looking back on that video and watching it. Axl's voice kicked serious ass both nights and the band as whole were on fire.

• Like 1

^^^ Epicness

Still great that you had the chance to see them back then, though. I'm not being bias of anything just because I was there, but to me, Rio 91' was one of the best, if not the best GN'R performances i've ever seen, even looking back on that video and watching it. Axl's voice kicked serious ass both nights and the band as whole were on fire.

I agree man. Rio '91 was fucking awesome and I still love watching it. It was a truly historical performance that you can point to and say "This is why they were the biggest band on the planet." It's awesome that you got to be there. Were you there for both nights?

^^^ Epicness

Weren't you 2 in 1991?

3 but whos counting :P Twas a special trip and the parents had seen GN'R every time they hit Atlanta. They were going to Rio for 2 weeks and weren't going to leave me back home and i'm glad they didn't. Like I said, vague memories of the event. I remember they scheduled for the Omni in either 90' and 91' and the show got cancelled or some shit, Dad still talks about it to this day. Tickets were purchased and everything :lol:

• Like 1

- Drunkenness at AMAs

I expected better from you.

I get that a lot. :lol:

Nah, man, I don't mean like, "Fuck yeah! Rawk n Roll! Drunk as fuck! Cursing on TV is the coolest! Woooohoooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!" but it was a time when their unruliness was still kinda endearing. They were a bunch of idiot misfits, but when they were on stage together and Slash started wailing, and Axl started howling, they were a bunch of misfits you couldn't take your eyes off, and the contrast between this larger than life, masterful stage presence and the bumbling, drunken, drug addled fuckery of their personal lives was part of what made them interesting. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but it was a big part of the old Guns persona, that they were these sewer rats who'd climbed themselves up onto a stage, and the AMA night was emblematic of that persona.