What are some things the new band does better than the old one?

Suck

:lol: Gotta admit, I actually LOL'd at this.

They don't screw up the guitar parts as much. People like to romanticize the old days, but the number of times a solo or riff got fucked up is actually quite staggering.

My assessment of DJ's TIL solo disagrees with you haha, but I get what you're saying overall.

• Like 1

- Sober and generally take themselves more professionally as musicians (the old guys do now with their current projects too).

- Current band plays tighter together and not as sloppy.

- Longer set lists

- Less rants and a generally happier Axl

- New band is more opportunity to meeting and interacting with fans, online, meet n greets...etc

- Fortus is better than Izzy

- More covers (if that's your thing)

• Like 2

Richard is by far the better guitar player than izzy.

Izzy wrote some cool songs, was always the grey man in GNR and no one missed him. Had zero personality on stage and in interviews. He will always be an original member but thats all he gets credit for. He even left cause he knew it wasn't suited for him.

• Like 1

Izzy wrote some cool songs, was always the grey man in GNR and no one missed him. Had zero personality on stage and in interviews. He will always be an original member but thats all he gets credit for. He even left cause he knew it wasn't suited for him.

What the huh? I'd say the music kinda missed Izzy, wouldn't you?

Izzy was FAR more integral to GN'R than people like to admit.

• Like 2

They don't screw up the guitar parts as much. People like to romanticize the old days, but the number of times a solo or riff got fucked up is actually quite staggering.

Please do share said moments where the old band fucked up something.

Izzy was FAR more integral to GN'R than people like to admit.

2nd most integral member of the band in my honest opinion.
  • Like 2

Richard may have a better technique, but overall Izzy is the best guitarist because he can write. Izzy wrote some of the best classic GN'R tracks and deserves all the credits he gets.

• Like 1

Nothing..The old band was better (Appetite/Illusion)

And the old band had better chemistry..

+ could write awesome hits

Majority of fans who even think about this silly question were either in diapers or did not exist when the old GnR were still together

Edited by gunnari

Jesus,. yo know nothing about GNR's music, just worship Axl, do you?

fans like you make me cringe all the time :monkey:

(and btw 4tus is by far my fav member from NuGNR)

Izzy deserves the writing credit, yes I agree. I will back him up all the way for song writing ability.

I just don't think he is the better guitar player. Richard is more pro-active, with thin lizzy, dead daisies, complusions and being hired for other guest spots. He is out there. Show me an izzy solo where he can rip richard apart? You can't.

There has even been specualtion if izzys guitar was even plugged in on his guest spots over the past few years.

Edited by Axl_morris