What are some things the new band does better than the old one?

So, you couldn't find anymore examples, or...

Like I said, you got me bro, you got me. Back in reality though, I've apparently seen far more videos of the old band than you have. I think you should change your name, because more and more it seems like you're just posing as a "classic guns" fan. Because any true Guns historian knows exactly what I'm talking about and wouldn't say dumb shit like "so you couldn't find anymore examples, or..." as if I have to be your gopher just because you've only seen a few shows in their entirety. I suggest you earn your screen name, watch some concerts, do your homework son, and quit posturing. You're like the bizarro volcano.

Like someone else said, that sloppiness was part of the charm- it was rock n' roll, it was loose, it was on edge.

Edited by saber_
  • Like 1

That's the main thing about GNR, the main thing that none of these dingbats could ever get through their heads. Individually, none of them were all that remarkable,

That is totally not true!

Not sure if serious.

What have they done without one another?

That's the main thing about GNR, the main thing that none of these dingbats could ever get through their heads. Individually, none of them were all that remarkable,

Not sure if serious.

Doesn't mean they weren't that remarkable individually.

Axl, Slash and Duff would've easily made it big even without each other.

Slash solos, Axl's vocal performances - those are individual achievements and they're brilliant.

Writing wise, most of the Ilusions are written by a member by himself.

Not sure if serious.

Slash solos, Axl's vocal performances - those are individual achievements and they're brilliant.

It's impossible to have an argument over whether they would have made it big without each other, because that's just not how it went down.

Every song required input from the other members regardless of writing credits. Since the break up, it's pretty much all crap.

Facts on the ground say they aren't very good without one another.

The new band's isn't better than the original band for the simple fact that it relies on the original bands legacy, their shows are mostly covers of old GnR tunes, you don't even need to touch the musical bit. Let me put it like this: this band is a job, the original Guns N Roses, the Guns N Roses I grew up with and love are real motherfucking Rock N Roll. You can't put a pay check on your head and expect that a band will go great when the first thing they talk about is "hey man, my pay check's late". Guns N Roses are Axl, Izzy, Steven, Slash and Duff. This thing that Axl has going now's just something to pay the bills at the end of the month. It's not a band, it's a job. Would you do your job well for a decade if you're being forced into doing things you don't want to do? Well, that's what Axl's doing and none of you seem to notice.

Not sure if serious.

It's impossible to have an argument over whether they would have made it big without each other, because that's just not how it went down.

Every song required input from the other members regardless of writing credits. Since the break up, it's pretty much all crap.

Facts on the ground say they aren't very good without one another.

No, they were too good not to make it big.

And I think whether they were actually good without each other or not has little bearing on whether they were individually remarkable. You can't tell me you listen to GNR and you don't think that this is a great guitarist, this is a great singer, this is a pretty good bass player.

As for achievements since the break up - you can be a good player but still not win trophies because you're in a shit team. But you're still a good player.