Zakk Wylde with Guns N' Roses.

Sorry, Zakk lost his shit somewhere in the late 90's and regressed into the prime example of tasteless, overdone guitar playing.

His pretend bikie club or whatever it is supposed to be is nearly as big a joke as Ashba.

I'd love to see a bunch of Hell's Angels come across a chapter of BLS "brothers" or people wearing Sons Of Anarchy "swag"

Edited by DR DOOM

Sorry, Zakk lost his shit somewhere in the late 90's and regressed into the prime example of tasteless, overdone guitar playing.

His pretend bikie club or whatever it is supposed to be is nearly as big a joke as Ashba.

I'd love to see a bunch of Hell's Angels come across a chapter of BLS "brothers" or people wearing Sons Of Anarchy "swag"

i would tend to agree. i think now he has become one dimensional but their was a time when zakk was pretty experimental. pride and glory was pretty good that was some metal influence but mixed with a huge helping of southern rock and had a lynyrd skynyrd type of blues vibe going. his solo album had a folk vibe to it.

GNR could have taken a more "metal" direction, maybe something like OMG without the dance-y chorus. I'd love to hear that, honestly.

But the dance-y chorus is the best part.

I agree, just don't see Zakk playing/creating something like that.

i would tend to agree. i think now he has become one dimensional but their was a time when zakk was pretty experimental. pride and glory was pretty good that was some metal influence but mixed with a huge helping of southern rock and had a lynyrd skynyrd type of blues vibe going. his solo album had a folk vibe to it.

Pride and Glory ain't half bad.

The guy is a hell of a guitarist, shame about how he applies it these days IMO.

Can't stand his vocals, but he sounds ok on the Pride and Glory stuff.

It wouldn't have worked. Zakk's style doesn't fit GN'R at all.

Many thought Buckethead and Fincks style didn't either.

I think with Finck most ppl were relating that to his style of look....not so much his playing. At least that coloured it imo (while some of his choppier solos i think helped).

I dug Finck personally.

Zakk would have been interesting combo, would have loved to hear it, personally i'm not sure it would have worked though for my tastes. IMO some of GNRs rock songs are 'heavier' than any metal song out there,...simply due to its groove, attitude, and vibe (eg. Acoustic You're Crazy, is 'heavier' than many metal songs imo). Metal can be so sterile and false 'heavy'.