Axl the amazing performer

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/guns-n-roses-wiltern-concert-review-298885

It's quite a short review so please read it. I wanted to make a positive thread to remind people what an amazing experience it is seeing Axl in concert. This above review totally captures how he came across when I went to see him especially these lines :

In delicate, rather feminine gestures, his right hand interpreted the songs (helpful for those half-deafened by GNR). He ended “Sorry” by placing a dainty hand to his chest, then making a fist, then gazing down movingly on the last syllable. Sometimes he waggled and waved his fingers like Al Jolson. "

He was an entertainer so charming, you’d never know he had the reputation of an asshole. It’s almost like Rose's appetite for destruction became an appetite for audience seduction.

But even the raw moments had an autumnal feel of emotion recollected in tranquility. Rose’s urgent need to kill her, it seems, is no longer a present danger. He seemed as fond of his old hatreds as the audience was -- blissed-out with reminiscence. The most telling moments were the radiant ones, like his exquisite vibrato as he sang, “She wouldn’t say goodbye, it just might be that I had seen it in her eyes.”

I know it sounds so corny but if you've seen Axl perform you know it's true! His gestures, the way he moved round the stage and the sincerity in his eyes I still remember and I don't get how anyone could say they're done with being a fan of Axl's unless you have never seen him in concert. This reviewer totally gets it and you can tell he was effected by him. Did anyone else have same experience?

• Like 2

how can you look in axl's eyes he's wearing sunglasses all the time :axl:

He wasn't wearing them on most of the songs that night :)

Yeah, Axl used to be an amazing performer. One of the best. Nowadays, you are lucky if you get one spontaneous moment from him.

He still moves around good on the videos but I can't judge properly coz I haven't seen him live in person this week.

The entire concert at The Wiltern is on YouTube, it's a good watch. Not quite Philly vocally but a great performance :)

I was at that show, yeah that was definitely one of Axl's better 2012 vocal performances if I say so myself.

When Axl is "on" he is amazing. However that frontman magic gets diluted when his vocals sound subpar - such as the couple of shows he did this week

Edited by WhazUp

this i love from wiltern is pretty good alright, that's one of my tester songs, same with jungle, if he kills it on jungle you're pretty much going to get a solid gig from him... unfortunately it's been at least 2 years since he killed it, in a good sense.

Why don't they include sorry anymore, always enjoyed that live. Anyway found a pretty decent YCBM id from Hollywood

check this out, Axl was pretty damn good here... he can definitely get back into that shape, It's a reachable go - you just have to want to do it... as we're keeping it positive I won't elaborate... I've moaned enough for one day, also with alls this bitching about Axl no one has brought how useless Ashba was at any of the shows, share the hate :D