This is the End... I'm Making My Peace With It.

Since October 1996 when That Fax was sent to MTV that Slash was out of the band... Axl has been focusing his efforts on 'Taking over the world' apparently at first with Duff, then a couple months later without. Axl hired a bassist that could both drink as much as duff and had punk rock roots. He made a rhythm guitar caliber player a lead player, he quit, and then Axl got Bucket and Brain.

Tons of instrumental ideas recorded on dat, a song with Shaq? Bumble replacing Bucket, Brain coming in, Fortus being under utilized but replacing Paul... Fragments of riffs looped for solos and five guitarists recording a song as SIMPLEX as CD.

These things happened.

New year eve shows, Rio, New Years eve shows, The 2002 Abortion.

From pudgy to six pack to pudgy who gives a damn hair extensions jerseys. But No Rasp. His voice was weak. This was over 14 years ago.

We got all the A list tracks. That WAS CHINESE DEMOCRACY... which Axl described as all of the guitar driven tracks at one time... So sad so sad.

I go back to Mr. Street of Dreams Soundcloud I listen to the Illusions instrumentals... there's magic. I listen to the Cd Instrumentals and... Well... Not every impressive as you know.

Axl said... how do you take something That was with a new group and make it into what it's not -terrible paraphrase... You Don't Axl, You Can't.

I loved the original Blues, the Twat... I thought you had something man... NO.

You just had what Guns N' Roses Refused to be...

Hired hands at your control.

CD has Failed, the New Band... as amazing a show as they put on... they don't have the soul of GNR. They are paid by one man... who wanted to bury his former friends and failed.

It is not their fault... in fact it is such a shame that Axl never let them be a true band....

The closest we will ever get to a true GNR 2.0 are thos Medleys that Rich and Ron do before songs.. like Madagascar. That is a beautiful medley.

But this has gone from Axl's intention to BURY the original GNR to Axl's... playing out when he feels like it with minimal effort.

But I'm trying to make my peace with it.

Thank You Axl... for still performing. You will always be a legend, be it a legend that threw away the greatest band of all time in favor of NOTHING.

Edited by War2k14
  • Like 3

RIR 4 was the end. This is zombie-GNR.

But seriously, great post. I agree 100%.

Because Yeah... in 2006-2010 Axl was still playing with the passion we came to love him for. I remember building up Rio 11 to a friend, being like, you won't believe how Axl is ripping it in this age... and then. WOW. It was like.. There's not even a word for it.

• Like 1

RIR 4 was the end.

In hindsight I have to say that I agree. I was just in denial about it for a long time.

I could just say that we are all overreacting, and that we should wait until the Vegas shows...but that sounds like something someone in denial would say. :shrugs: How much further back do we need to keep pushing back dates to wait for something new?!

RIR 4 was the end. This is zombie-GNR.

But seriously, great post. I agree 100%.

Because Yeah... in 2006-2010 Axl was still playing with the passion we came to love him for. I remember building up Rio 11 to a friend, being like, you won't believe how Axl is ripping it in this age... and then. WOW. It was like.. There's not even a word for it.

Wow, same happened to me. I actually went to my friends house to watch Rio. They were casual fans. By Estranged I wanted to be excited but the bloated face and the terrible voice were just too much. Worst moment as a GNR fan.

Declarations like "this is the end" are a little dramatic and we all know that the old band broke up because of two huge egos, nit-pick details all you want.

What would you call 20 years and not one music video? Not one bad ass rock and roll track.... Sadly in my opinion OMG is the closest they ever came to recapturing any of the bad-ass gnr vibe. And that was 1999 with distorted vox, it was a 'demo' that found it's way onto an Arnold Movie Track. Right.

So what's the point here? Is this your goodbye thread or something?

This is my saying, i will follow updates on Axl, cuz he's Axl, I'm just not expecting any more releases or anymore rasp. Time's running out and it is almost up.

So what's the point here? Is this your goodbye thread or something?

This is my saying, i will follow updates on Axl, cuz he's Axl, I'm just not expecting any more releases or anymore rasp. Time's running out and it is almost up.

OK. I've been there since '11. Welcome to the club.

This could have been a great band. Not GnR. But a great band. Then the guys who made the music left (Bucket, Finck, maybe even Paul and Brain) and all the songs got bloated and ruined. Then GnR turned into a boring hired hands tribute band to itself. Now they just suck.

I think the band might be salvageable if they get back a few former members from the 1999-2002 period. Like someone else said, it may not be GNR, but it'd still be pretty great. Sad thing about the current band is that it's primarily made up of session guys and people in it for the money. Don't get me wrong, it's great that these guys are getting more recognition and have found a steady gig, but it's at the cost of creativity and actual music making, from the looks of it. But then again, I'm pretty uninformed about Guns' current situation, so I'm probably wrong with something I said.