[Rolling Stone] Duff comments on performing with GNR again

Guest NGOG

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/guns-n-roses-to-reunite-with-original-bassist-duff-mckagan-for-tour-20140402

McKagan said he was just happy to be involved. "It's pretty great to play these songs again, and [i'm] looking forward to playing some gigs with my pal again," he said. "South America is always a radical place for rock & roll, and I'm honored to be doing this thing, in that place."

"I hope we would fucking throw ourselves in the studio and make another record," he said. "A bunch of us have been writing stuff, so hopefully we'll get something going."

sounds like the work is in full swing and Axl is the heart and soul of the writing process :lol:

"I hope we would fucking throw ourselves in the studio and make another record," he said. "A bunch of us have been writing stuff, so hopefully we'll get something going."

You had me thinking this was part of Duff's comments.

That comment is Tommy. RS is basically quoting the Billboard article

Step 1 [Multi-parter]) Replace Tommy with Duff. Let Richard/BBF take the lead and sack DJ. Put Izzy in the rhythm slot. Sack Pitman. Replace Frank with Brain. Let Axl get in shape.

Step 2) Make record

Step 3) ?????

Step 4? Profit.

Step 3= spend 20 years mixing, adding and changing things.

• Like 4

You know what's fucking both sad and cool depending on how you look at it? Despite how badly everything has gone for GN'R in the years since the end of the Illusions tour, it's still a TOP STORY on Rollingstone.com in 2014 when something like this happens. And not just because it's an original member: it's a a top story whenever shows are announced or Axl does an interview or whatever.

Despite having completely fucked everything up, there is still goodwill towards Guns and Axl. There are acts out there that would sell their drummers for the continuous headline press that Axl gets on RS alone. Take Jon Bon Jovi, for instance: for better or (usually) worse, he has worked his ass off for the past 20 years yet the only time his band have been mentioned on RS is when Sambora quit.

If Axl had fucking delivered and we were on record 5 right now with the Chinese band he'd be fucking untouchable.

What a waste.

• Like 2

You know what's fucking both sad and cool depending on how you look at it? Despite how badly everything has gone for GN'R in the years since the end of the Illusions tour, it's still a TOP STORY on Rollingstone.com in 2014 when something like this happens. And not just because it's an original member: it's a a top story whenever shows are announced or Axl does an interview or whatever.

Despite having completely fucked everything up, there is still goodwill towards Guns and Axl. There are acts out there that would sell their drummers for the continuous headline press that Axl gets on RS alone. Take Jon Bon Jovi, for instance: for better or (usually) worse, he has worked his ass off for the past 20 years yet the only time his band have been mentioned on RS is when Sambora quit.

If Axl had fucking delivered and we were on record 5 right now with the Chinese band he'd be fucking untouchable.

What a waste.

With ya except for the last bit. The excitement is that the old Guns that might get together. The goodwill is more towards old guns and for Axl's work with old guns, and the hope that they may all get back together. Maybe if CD were released in '99 it would be more than a footnote, but otherwise no one really cares about the CD band except for people here and South America.

What a waste.

The name is everything, imo

Everybody would like to see these type of things in Axl's band. Old fans, new fans, new-new fans. Maybe even haters (old or new) would read about this and surprised :lol:

Step 1 [Multi-parter]) Replace Tommy with Duff. Let Richard/BBF take the lead and sack DJ. Put Izzy in the rhythm slot. Sack Pitman. Replace Frank with Brain. Let Axl get in shape.

Step 2) Make record

Step 3) ?????

Step 4? Profit.

Brain never suited GNR, technically he's a better drummer but Frank is much better in the band

Step 2) Make record

Step 3) ?????

Step 4? Profit.

Brain never suited GNR, technically he's a better drummer but Frank is much better in the band

Axl and Josh Freese seemed to really click. I kinda hope he would bring back Josh before Brain.

Then again this is all about as hypothetical as one can get.

So awesome that Duff will be playing with Axl and GNR again. I wish Duff would tour the US with Axl too. Would love to see them perform together again.

Lucky fans in SA. I know you will enjoy these shows.

Let us know if you see any change in Axl's performance with Duff onstage with him. Curious to know.

Cool Duff, just rejoin the band permanently now and make us all even happier :)

As much as I would LOVE to see that happen, I could only see disappointment as no new material would ever come out from it. Duff is better than to join this trainwreck iteration of the band.