[Rolling Stone] Duff comments on performing with GNR again

Guest NGOG

Wonder if Axl will show up to rehearsals with Duff ??

Who will take the lead in rehearsals if he doesn't ?? Duff? BBF? Dizzy?

Maybe I misread it, but I thought I saw Duff already rehearsed with them, and based on Axl's performance I'm pretty sure he wasn't there.

This is actually the most exciting thing in GNR Land since Civil War was played again.

Maybe I misread it, but I thought I saw Duff already rehearsed with them, and based on Axl's performance I'm pretty sure he wasn't there.

This is actually the most exciting thing in GNR Land since Civil War was played again.

Well, and the tour, before we realized it was gonna be the exact same as last year.

Well, and the tour, before we realized it was gonna be the exact same as last year.

No, we so got three new songs... solo's hahahaha

Oh yeah, how could I forget? La Bella Vita, man, that's gonna be the national anthem one day. But not before Abnormal!

• Like 1

Oh yeah, how could I forget? La Bella Vita, man, that's gonna be the national anthem one day. But not before Abnormal!

I hate that solo, it sounds so cheesy live like the worst of the worst hair metal.

Can't we just give Ron two solos?

I hate that solo, it sounds so cheesy live like the worst of the worst hair metal.

Can't we just give Ron two solos?

I think it's okay, it just sounds too similar to his last two, Mi Amor in particular. Truth be told, I can't even recall how it goes half the time. That being said, giving Bumblefoot more time with his guitar is never a bad idea!

"...my pal..."

:wub:

Just what I thought... They're pals! :)

except Duff used to make fun of Axl so much that he didn't write for years. :fuckyou:

Yeah, so did Slash. Difference is the hatchet is buried between Duff and Axl.

Axl used to dedicate Double Talkin' Jive to Izzy...they're obviously on good terms now. Axl even wished Steven the best in an interview a few years ago, if I remember correctly.

Only person Axl really still has a grudge against is Slash.

You know what's fucking both sad and cool depending on how you look at it? Despite how badly everything has gone for GN'R in the years since the end of the Illusions tour, it's still a TOP STORY on Rollingstone.com in 2014 when something like this happens. And not just because it's an original member: it's a a top story whenever shows are announced or Axl does an interview or whatever.

Despite having completely fucked everything up, there is still goodwill towards Guns and Axl. There are acts out there that would sell their drummers for the continuous headline press that Axl gets on RS alone. Take Jon Bon Jovi, for instance: for better or (usually) worse, he has worked his ass off for the past 20 years yet the only time his band have been mentioned on RS is when Sambora quit.

If Axl had fucking delivered and we were on record 5 right now with the Chinese band he'd be fucking untouchable.

What a waste.

With ya except for the last bit. The excitement is that the old Guns that might get together. The goodwill is more towards old guns and for Axl's work with old guns, and the hope that they may all get back together. Maybe if CD were released in '99 it would be more than a footnote, but otherwise no one really cares about the CD band except for people here and South America.

Gotta disagree. Like I said RS have made it a top story everytime New Guns have announced shows, everytime there have been leaks, everytime Axl has done something like an interview or got into a scrap at an airport.

To put it into perspective, when U2 or The Stones release or play a new song or songs leak or Jagger or Bono perform a one-off show, it makes Rolling Stone's Top Story, the same as with anything to do with Nu Guns and Axl over the years.

Do you have any idea how many Bon Jovi songs or Chillies songs have leaked over the last decade or anything much at all about those bands or their singers? Because RS barely acknowledges they exist.

Jon Bon Jovi has complained about this numerous times, particularly with regard to the heavy reporting in the press about Axl's "freak show" whilst they ignore Jovi.

My opinion is that despite all of the wasted years and fucked-up opportunities, Axl is still seen by many as not just a good rock singer but one of the great artists of the past 25 years and there is still hope that he might again reach the heights that he did before, artistically speaking. He's seen in a different class to e.g. Hetfield, Jovi, Keidis. Nobody is expecting those guys to deliver more of what they did 25 years ago and nobody is expecting them to reinvent the wheel. But there is a belief and expectation that as an artist, Axl has more to offer. He's already proved that with Twat, Prostitute etc.

• Like 1

I haven't met anyone in the last 10 years outside of this forum who expressed anything about Axl reaching his previous heights. That shit's crazy, man.

Doesn't negate my point. I'm suggesting that the reason why RS, Classic Rock etc still give Axl so much coverage is because, like me, they think that Axl did do something brilliant with Chinese and they want more.

• Like 1

I haven't met anyone in the last 10 years outside of this forum who expressed anything about Axl reaching his previous heights. That shit's crazy, man.

Doesn't negate my point. I'm suggesting that the reason why RS, Classic Rock etc still give Axl so much coverage is because, like me, they think that Axl did do something brilliant with Chinese and they want more.

No dude- the media (RS..SPIN..CR etc...) cover Axl because of what he accomplished with Guns n fucking Roses (AFD-UYI's). He was (in my book) greatest frontman of all time when Guns were at their peak. CD could have never come out and they'd still be all over Axl. He's Axl Rose. Just as they cover Slash and (to a lesser degree) Duff...Izzy...Steven/Matt. Axl's current musicians could walk down the street and noone woul dgive a rats ass. They will (as they are now) be noones whejn Axl is done with them.

• Like 1

You mean at 42 + years old Axl hasn't replicated his vocals and physicality from when he was 20? Wow, that is fucking crazy.

You mean at 42 + years old Axl hasn't replicated his vocals and physicality from when he was 20? Wow, that is fucking crazy.

Actually, warchild. He did replicate his vocals and was in good shape not too long ago. Stop being an idiot.

Actually, warchild. He did replicate his vocals and was in good shape not too long ago. Stop being an idiot.

Actually just back in Feb '12 Axl proved the world that he still 'had it' at the infamous Philly show…

No. That's not it at all.

Go back and read Jordan's post. You'll see that those are his words. Go ahead. You can do it. :lol:

It's easy to forget just how gargantuan GNR was at their prime. They were arguably RS magazine's favorite band, so of course they'll cover duffs return.

Too bad Team Brazil has such a vested interest in keeping Axl isolated and bitter.

• Like 1

It's easy to forget just how gargantuan GNR was at their prime. They were arguably RS magazine's favorite band, so of course they'll cover duffs return.

Too bad Team Brazil has such a vested interest in keeping Axl isolated and bitter.

Great post.

Great post.
  • Like 1