[Rolling Stone] Duff comments on performing with GNR again

Guest NGOG

I haven't met anyone in the last 10 years outside of this forum who expressed anything about Axl reaching his previous heights. That shit's crazy, man.

Doesn't negate my point. I'm suggesting that the reason why RS, Classic Rock etc still give Axl so much coverage is because, like me, they think that Axl did do something brilliant with Chinese and they want more.

No. That's not it at all.

I haven't met anyone in the last 10 years outside of this forum who expressed anything about Axl reaching his previous heights. That shit's crazy, man.

You mean at 42 + years old Axl hasn't replicated his vocals and physicality from when he was 20? Wow, that is fucking crazy.

Go back and read Jordan's post. You'll see that those are his words. Go ahead. You can do it. :lol:

All Gunzen does is insult people. Not sure why the Mods allow him to continue posting.

Jordan - you are twisting your love of all things Axl with what the general rock media thinks. Aren't you the guy who said that in your eyes Axl has never did anything wrong?

I hate to break it to you, bro, but most of the mainstream rock media and the average rock fan is NOT as in love or obsessed with GnR music as you and I are. I'm with you. I think Axl is the best rock singer of the past 30 years and I have no doubt that the man could still be the Top Dog again....if he simply wanted to be. But we are in the extreme minority. Go read people's comments to Axl stories or youtube videos and you'll see the perspective from the non-Axl-diehards. It ain't pretty.

The reason GnR stories get more press coverage than a Bon Jovi story is because anything GnR does is usually newsworthy ......well, it is newsworthy that SOMETHING happened. Bon Jovi treats his band/fans like a real band.He is a professional. He is going to release music, he is going to play new songs live, he is going to do interviews. If a new song leaks, it isn't that big of a deal because you'll probably hear the album version of the song within a couple months. If a GnR song leaks tonight, we might not hear the album version of that song for a decade. Or, sad as it is to say, we might never hear an album version of the song. A leak could literally be the last new music we ever hear from Axl Rose.

Metallica just played a new song live at one of their shows. Some people say GnR shouldn't play new songs live as it will take the value out of hearing a song for the first time on the album. Metallica doesn't care about that, because their future career doesn't ride on the acceptance level of one or two songs, and they know they'll put out an album soon. Do you get that with GnR? Do you feel comfortable with Beta and Fernando making business decisions and with them "working" with record execs?

That's why a magazine like Rolling Stone pays more attention to some random GnR story than they would a Bon Jovi story. Bon Jovi is a professionally ran band. Metallica is a professionally ran band. They release albums, they communicate with their fans, they release videos, they do interviews, etc. Axl doesn't.