April 6 - Buenos Aires, Argentina

OK. No way you guys are gonna say he sounds good on that song. Wow. Real bad.

Compared to the first show, where he sounded completely AWFUL.... this show wasn't that bad. He still isn't on par yet but he pulled some songs off better at this gig than the previous.

Compared to the first show, where he sounded completely AWFUL.... this show wasn't that bad. He still isn't on par yet but he pulled some songs off better at this gig than the previous.

OK, so the question is on par with what? Are we really clamoring for him to be on par with 2013 performances at this point? You see what I'm getting at, right?

• Like 1

OK, so the question is on par with what? Are we really clamoring for him to be on par with 2013 performances at this point? You see what I'm getting at, right?

Yeah, my par would be to get back to a fucking 2010 sounding voice but I don't think that will ever happen again. Shame, that was such a good year for Axl. I'm not gonna stop listening, though, I have hopes he'll pull together a better sounding voice as the tour progresses. At least he's admitted he's "rusty". :shrugs:

It does suck but it doesn't look like 2010 is anywhere in sight.. I enjoyed that ISE though and feel the only way he's getting better on the tuff songs is if he gets back in 2010 shape.. It's a big difference the way he looks from 2010 to now :( maybe I'm wrong and it's totally about the throat, but has he ever sounded good and looked out of shape?

It does suck but it doesn't look like 2010 is anywhere in sight.. I enjoyed that ISE though and feel the only way he's getting better on the tuff songs is if he gets back in 2010 shape.. It's a big difference the way he looks from 2010 to now :( maybe I'm wrong and it's totally about the throat, but has he ever sounded good and looked out of shape?

No, when he was fat in the early 00s for Rio and the short US tour he sounded god awful, when he was fit in 06 he sounded consistent and in control, in 2010, he had, lost his toned 06 body, lost the control, lost a lot of his ability to hold sustained notes without puffing for air, but he had a pretty decent rasp voice and was putting on pretty good shows. 2011-2013 he had some power but all clean, he had also put on more and more weight and his voice got worse and worse. 2014, he has put on more weight especially in the face and gut, his voice is weaker than ever and the shows are suffering more and more.

The answer is no, but it's not a straight case, he has had good nights even when he was overweight and he's had bad nights when he was in shape. He was much, much more consistent when he was in shape though.

Yeah, my par would be to get back to a fucking 2010 sounding voice but I don't think that will ever happen again. Shame, that was such a good year for Axl. I'm not gonna stop listening, though, I have hopes he'll pull together a better sounding voice as the tour progresses. At least he's admitted he's "rusty". :shrugs:

The 2010 voice was exceptionally good at times, like maybe as good as his better 90s days, so I do think it's unreasonable for us to expect he could pull that off much longer if at all, even if he tried. But it can't be such a precipitous drop. And it can't be paired with letting himself go physically the way he has. And those can't be joined with the complete lack of interest he's shown during his performances lately - although as much as I think his voice sucks in that My Michelle vid, his body language looks like he care at times, so Special Olympics Bronze Medal, glass half full shit, I guess.

I really do want him to do well as much as anyone, but I can't stand it when we hold him to Vince Neil standards. He was never supposed to be that guy. Forsaken, man, I'm really, really butthurt about it. :lol:

• Like 2

'Powerage5', on 15 Oct 2010 - 01:42 AM, said:snapback.png

'ManetsBR', on 15 Oct 2010 - 01:39 AM, said:snapback.png

'Powerage5', on 15 Oct 2010 - 01:36 AM, said:snapback.png

As fucking awesome as this is I started thinking...why not take the opportunity to play something with Duff on vocals? Raw Power, Attitude, So Fine...anything.

It won't happen for the same reason they didn't play 14 Years with Duff.
...Izzy? And I see a difference; Izzy didn't sing on any real "hits" or classic covers. Sure, So Fine isn't either to be fair, but people would have gone crazy if they ripped into Raw Power or Attitude, they're songs that even casual fans would know the originals of.
Edited by Amir
  • Like 1

As fucking awesome as this is I started thinking...why not take the opportunity to play something with Duff on vocals? Raw Power, Attitude, So Fine...anything.

...Izzy? And I see a difference; Izzy didn't sing on any real "hits" or classic covers. Sure, So Fine isn't either to be fair, but people would have gone crazy if they ripped into Raw Power or Attitude, they're songs that even casual fans would know the originals of.

Haha, really cool to see that

Anyways, I watched that awful Shackler's video from Paraguay and idk if anyone posted this, but Civil War from this show was awesome

The inconsistency is a drag, some songs rock and others blow

Haha, really cool to see that

Anyways, I watched that awful Shackler's video from Paraguay and idk if anyone posted this, but Civil War from this show was awesome

The inconsistency is a drag, some songs rock and others blow

That's true. It is inconsistent. That's why I don't agree with people who say Axl is shit. I actually think he nails a lot of songs, and then there are other songs that... well, I don't like that much.

And nice to see Powerage has some leverage on the setlist...