"Not working on all this, to keep it buried"

I think that quote still applies today, I'm starting to think it's more a case that he really doesn't know how to move forward. Maybe he's attached to CD II songs but he knows that releasing them isn't the right next move for the band. Maybe he doesn't want to bury them in favour of a current band record and then have them come out years and years later in some cash in box-set.

I doesn't take a brainiac to figure out the publics reaction to more material from Guns that sounds even more different from classic guns. I like when band s experiment and I love Chinese, but the band seem to be pandering to fare weather fans for these tours... well if that's the market you're interested in... fare weather fans like 'what they know', yes they want classic hard rock with a few sing along ballads. Hardcores want experimental "oh my god" or "silkworms" everyone else hears songs like that and go "what is this shit? That's GnR??? what happened... suppose Slash and Duffy left just in time".

I don't think the next album will be a return to the old though, if there is a new album! I think it will follow on from CD and probably get weirder and heavier... I would just hope there's a couple of songs in there as catchy as Better if it has any hope of escaping a bashing.

Waiting on a new record seems to be pointless at this stage though, I don't think Axls in any condition to make a new album... I don't want to hear that voice on a new album and I don't want to see him touring a new record when he can't pull off the performances

• Like 3

It pretty much comes down to the label and Axl not being able to find a compromise on how to release new music. Either that or the label just doesn't give two shits.

You have a point here Son. With all the"insiders"we have here I can't believe we don't know how many more albums Gn'R owe the record label. We've had fans look up Duff's Visa information and twenty year old contracts but we can't figure the number of albums owed?

It pretty much comes down to the label and Axl not being able to find a compromise on how to release new music. Either that or the label just doesn't give two shits.

You have a point here Son. With all the"insiders"we have here I can't believe we don't know how many more albums Gn'R owe the record label. We've had fans look up Duff's Visa information and twenty year old contracts but we can't figure the number of albums owed?

Wasn't it one more album after Chinese? So many renegotiations and whatnot during '94-'08, though.

Every time Schwarzenegger puts out a movie, some people are hoping there's a new GNR song.

As Jerry Seinfeld once said "Some guys just don't like lifting those weights"(in regards to continuing stand up comedy and new material). Axl seems content with playing things safe.

His documentary was good about how much work it takes for a comedian to build material.

The label is most likely fed up with Axl and want nothing to do with him. Axl probably feels the same towards the label. It's a no win situation for the people who want to hear new music, whether it be 15 year old unreleased material or all new stuff.

I'd rather have a reunion with a new album featuring the real lineup to follow.

Edited by SlashisGOD

Every time Schwarzenegger puts out a movie, some people are hoping there's a new GNR song.

As Jerry Seinfeld once said "Some guys just don't like lifting those weights"(in regards to continuing stand up comedy and new material). Axl seems content with playing things safe.

His documentary was good about how much work it takes for a comedian to build material.

Seinfeld is one very intelligent and confident guy. I saw his interview with Howard Stern and he mentioned that quote about comedians who end up going into other fields because they don't like the constant pressure, effort and time needed for comedy.

Wasn't it one more album after Chinese? So many renegotiations and whatnot during '94-'08, though.

I have no info. But everything to me suggested the deal ended up being for one album and that with best Buy the label made back everything they'd spent and then some. So since 2008 Axl has presumably tried to negotiate for a new deal for another one and you could understand why they wouldn't be that excited about the idea.

All guesswork, though.

I don't want this to happen, but I wish Axl would just retire and then no one would be able to bitch and moan about no new music and how you all want the Axl of 30 years ago.

Not going to happen. I honestly don't care either way if Axl ever puts out new music. I think the time for that is over. It's been too long and most critics and fans didn't like CD, so what makes you think you would like any more new music.

I think Axl is fed up and sick and tired of hearing and asking about a reunion and new music. I really do hope Axl retires soon. He needs to get out from under everyone that constantly criticize him for even shit he can't control.

I don't want this to happen, but I wish Axl would just retire and then no one would be able to bitch and moan about no new music and how you all want the Axl of 30 years ago.

Not going to happen. I honestly don't care either way if Axl ever puts out new music. I think the time for that is over. It's been too long and most critics and fans didn't like CD, so what makes you think you would like any more new music.

I think Axl is fed up and sick and tired of hearing and asking about a reunion and new music. I really do hope Axl retires soon. He needs to get out from under everyone that constantly criticize him for even shit he can't control.

Huh? Strange logic. Most critics and fans didn't like CD = no more music ? If every musician reacted that way, very little music would see the light of day, I'm afraid. Stop focusing on the people who complain. Come on, people all over the world are getting albums out, most with less success than Axl. I hope Axl doesn't retire any time soon and I would LOVE to hear new music from him, because chances are I'll love it, like I love all his previous albums.

I think the record industry finally beat him down. But the Axl of 20 years ago would have never let that happen, he would have kept fightin and gotten his album out no matter what. Its a shame.

Axl also had a pretty good relationship with people at Geffen, but once Interscope took it over, it was like working for a new record company, and all they saw in him was a big money pit past his commercial peak, and it probably just looked like Axl and a bunch of studio musicians from their side of things.

Maybe Axl truly believed it when he said it. Now... idk. I think eventually we'll hear the rest of Chinese, but just because I don't think Axl will just release half of the work and since he considers Chinese to be a double, it will probably get released in the next 5 years or so.

Other then that, the situation right now is not good. I'm optimistic by nature, but I'm feeling pretty jaded right now regarding this thing which doesn't seem to ever gain any momentum.

• Like 1

I cant even begin to imagine how long it would take for the current band to decide on 11/12 tracks to record. That decision making process alone is going to take a year. Then I could see the band recording the instrumentals within a reasonable time frame. But the again, I cant imagine how long it would take Axl to come up with lyrics. And even then, when that is done, how long will it take for Axl to record the vocals?? Now, approximately 7 years later later, the mixing process begins. We all know how long this could take.

So being completely realistic here, it could take another 8-10 years for this stuff to be released. By then, once again, no one will care. And lets not forget the Chinese leftovers would still not be out yet either. So just based on probability, I dont think Axl should can CD 2in favor of new recordings. Or we will never hear anything at all.

Maybe Axl truly believed it when he said it. Now... idk. I think eventually we'll hear the rest of Chinese, but just because I don't think Axl will just release half of the work and since he considers Chinese to be a double, it will probably get released in the next 5 years or so.

Other then that, the situation right now is not good. I'm optimistic by nature, but I'm feeling pretty jaded right now regarding this thing which doesn't seem to ever gain any momentum.

Agreed with everything you're saying. Couldn't agree more on the first part too. When I think back on a lot of the claims and things Axl's said over the year, I always take the "He believed it when he said it" approach.