"Not working on all this, to keep it buried"

Axl very clearly believed it when he said it. He also firmly believed that he and Paul Tobias were going to do such great things that AFD would be seen as a mere footnote in the GNR history. Yes, Paul fucking Tobias, a man with zero credit to his name, was going to help "bury the old band."

Axl truly thought this.

Of course, history proved otherwise. The fact is that Axl was great only when he was paired up with Slash and Izzy. This isn't opinion; this is fact. Look at GNR pre-Axl takeover and post-Axl takeover, and it's unquestionable.

I'm sure Axl, on some level, understands what he had and how he lost it. Of course, when surrounded by TB and the other leeches, it's easier to blame it on this manager or that label, but ultimately, his music without Izzy and Slash just isn't very special.

He know it, too. That's why his life for the past decade or whatever has revolved around making money by touring off the work he did with the original band, the one he sought to bury. With Paul Tobias. Yeah, fucking Paul Tobias, a man who hasn't done anything at all unique or great in music. May as well just bring in your lube mechanic from the car shop and have HIM replace Slash. Idiot.

Anyone who thinks the label doesn't care about Axl is crazy... even Axl in this state can still get a few million record sales... something you can't guarantee with the new Christina Aguilera sound alike. If he comes to them with a record they can market they will release it.

Sometimes bands have been mishandled by their record companies but in this case it seems quite the opposite, if he worked with them a little they could probably have a more mutually beneficial relationship... ya know, giving records in when they are due, not going 10yrs past the date the record was supposed to be handed in, promoting your new record when it finally comes out, making videos when your record finally comes out, starting a promotional tour when the records released even if it's just award shows, and tv spots, showcasing the new band playing new material and how well they play the old. Nobody can blame the record company 100%, when you're working with an artist like Axl how exactly do you approach him and build a relationship when he thinks everybody and anybody is 'out ta get him' and trying to make him do a reunion tour.

I think it's a positive sign all the same with the vegas 2012 show that the label had reportedly come up with a marketing plan and Axl had agreed to it, I can imagine that the label pushed for information regarding new music as well. The 'outside hope' is that the ball is rolling regarding a new release and after Vegas 2014 there's an announcement about finishing the album or starting a brand new one.

Well, it's just that even when Axl releases new music, it seems no one is happy and doesn't like what he releases.

I just think maybe Axl is just fed up and doesn't want to be beaten down again.

As for reuniting the band, if it was to happen, it should have happened years ago when they were all younger.

Now there seems no point in it.

I don't think GNR can capture the glory days like the 80's and 90's. Too much has happened in their lives. I don't think some of them would want to do it besides Axl.

I agree about the reunion part, Val22. I think too much time has passed and a reunion could never meet people's expectations, imo. I must admit that the (temporary) return of Duff excites me more than I would have thought though.

But about the new music, that's crazy. I agree that a lot of people didn't like CD, but to say no one likes what he releases, that's exaggerating and only focusing on negatives. A lot of people liked CD, and even people who didn't, might like to hear new music from Axl, as they're curious as to what else he still has up his sleeve.

I don't disagree with what you say about the old band. But when you say that when Axl releases new music no one is happy: he has released music officially TWO TIMES in the last 20 years. How can he be fed up with us being unhappy when he's released one album and a single. If thats how he feels, its his fault for not releasing an Appetite quality album, because otherwise he's never going to make everyone happy.