Have some of you not heard CD in its entirety?

Guest Len B'stard

I've heard it all the way through once? And then i listened to the first hour of it everyday for about 6 months when i went mental with this exercise bike and it was just good background noise. other than that, not really touched it.

I've listened to it in its entirety, but not many times. Whenever I go back and try to like it, which is often, I do it a few songs at a time. That's all I can take. The album is pretty damn terrible, and on top of that it's no fun, so there's really not much to enjoy about it.

You've been warped by all that "gangsta" rap you kids are listening to these days. Back in my day....

Back in your day is where it fuckin' came from Smoothie :lol: This is me presuming that you're about my age here.

• Like 1

I've heard it all the way through once? And then i listened to the first hour of it everyday for about 6 months when i went mental with this exercise bike and it was just good background noise. other than that, not really touched it.

I've listened to it in its entirety, but not many times. Whenever I go back and try to like it, which is often, I do it a few songs at a time. That's all I can take. The album is pretty damn terrible, and on top of that it's no fun, so there's really not much to enjoy about it.

You've been warped by all that "gangsta" rap you kids are listening to these days. Back in my day....

Back in your day is where it fuckin' came from Smoothie :lol: This is me presuming that you're about my age here.

Yeah, pretty close.

I've listened to every single song on CD.

Overall, the album is loaded with songs which could have been remarkable had they not drowned under overproduction and wheedly-whee shit shred diarrhea guitar solos.

I should have produced and mixed that album ;)

Songs like Riad and Scraped I've probably listened to all the way through only a handful of times. I just can't. When I go back to CD, it usually goes like this:

CD - Jesus Christ start the song already. OK, this isn't terrible.

SR - Give it a try for :45...skip

Better - Meh, not the worst

SOD - either listen all the way through and catch myself dozing off or skip

If the World - skip or :45 and skip

TWAT - Listen all the way through. Best song on album, but still just OK. Bucket solo is great by any standards.

Catcher in the Rye - See SOD

Scraped - skip

Riad - skip

Sorry - skip or go straight to guitar solo

IRS - Listen, not terrible

Madagascar - skip

TIL - See Sorry

Prostitute - Listen, not terrible, outro is tied with Bucket TWAT solo for best part of album.

Those saying they haven't listened the album are plain liars. And if they really haven't then they shouldn't trash it.

Plain liars? So everyone must have listened to the album then? There are people who have not listened to the album and these people actually do not say anything about it.

The ones saying it's shit, like myself, have listened to it and in its entirety.

How can some people have not even gave it a spin, even through Spotify or a downloaded version? This was something every GN'R or Axl fan has been waiting for 15 years.

Something scarier is the fact that posters who hate the current band and CD are posting dozens of posts on a daily basis.

Not trying to stir shit up, I'm really wondering.

Anyway, I listen to CD songs more than any other GN'R songs - AFD and TSI are the ones I listen to the least (in studio form for AFD, I listen to Jungle, Easy, Nightrain all the time, but live versions - by the new band, mainly RAR 2006). I like their sounds better now than during the UYI tour.

I'll chime in. When it finally came out in '08 I listened to it constantly for a few months. I was a huge fan of the Robin N' Axl synergy so I was hoping to hear a Robin N' Axl record with a bit o' Bucket splashed in over the top. That's sort of what we got but the magic was lost in a wave of overproduction and highlly questionable vocals from Axl. Once I got over those initial impressions I sorted through all the songs and found not one redeeming song that I listen to this day.

I really liked Sorry at first but got turned off by the whiny lyrics. Bucket's solo is awesome but too short to redeem the song. I do enjoy the outro with the heavy drums and increased tempo though.

Shackler's is interesting but has no flow. There's a bit of a groove there but you can't lose yourself in the music (like Eminem ha) as it can't sit still long enough to get into the rhythm.

I jammed Better for a while since 2006 but grew tired of it.

That's all I have the energy for but I will also say Prostitute was a huge let down. It was described as "fire and ice" and I thought it was gonna peel the paint off the walls but instead its kinda limp and sounds a little like a Blink 182 song.

How can some people have not even gave it a spin, even through Spotify or a downloaded version? This was something every GN'R or Axl fan has been waiting for 15 years.

No. For example, I wasn't waiting and I considered myself to be a Guns fan and when real Guns split, an Axl fan. I did listen to the album. See? Your reasoning is wrong. People don't care, deal with it.

Something scarier is the fact that posters who hate the current band and CD are posting dozens of posts on a daily basis.

Who hates the record or Axl's band? Nobody hates anything or anyone. If something is bad, is bad. CD is an awful, terrible album to me, not to the rest of the world and I shouldn't care what others think. You're free to love the album for all I care. I won't judge you.

for me it's not an immediate album of easy to listen to stuff, you have to keep going back to it. First three tracks are pretty easy though, then after that it's more about diving in and listening to all the details and nuances, it's definitely not a party album. If the World is pretty easy going though. TWAT & Catcher are the two that are really cool to dive into, they are growers. Scraped and Riad are like heavier more aggressive songs, Sorry is something dark and psychedelic that I'd never have guess GNR would do. IRS is pretty easy, it's pretty catchy and heavy but has enough detail to keep listening to it. Madagascar is one of my favorites and the bombed out vocal really fits the song. TIL and Prostitute work really well together. It's definitely a tough as to listen to it straight through. But there's nice groups of songs CD - SOD, ITW - Catcher. Scraped - Sorry, IRS - Prostitute.

If I just want some kick ass songs Chi dem, Shackler's, Better, SOD will do it.

If I want GNR epics ITW, TWAT, Catcher goes all the way.

If I want some more aggressive, messed up songs Scraped, Riad, Sorry have that.

If I want something if a bit more out to lunch IRS, Madagascar, TIL, Prostitute will take me there.

• Like 1

I listen to it in this order;

Chinese Democracy - 6/10

Better - 8/10

Scraped - 5/10

Street of Dreams - 8/10

Oh My God - 6/10

If The World - 8/10

Riad N' The Bedouins - 6/10

There Was A Time - 9/10

Catcher in the Rye - 10/10

Shackler's Revenge - 8/10

This I Love - 10/10

Madagascar - 8/10

IRS - 7/10

Sorry - 9/10

Prostitute - 10/10

Proud to download the album off youtube and I fast forwarded the tracks to make up my mind if its was worthy to hear again or just shift+delete...

Songs that deserve to be in GNR playlist: TWAT, TIL

Mediocre songs: Better, Chinese Democracy, Street of dreams, Sorry

Songs that required too much attention and still remained in the mediocre category: IRS, If the world, Madagascar, Prostitute

As you would have guessed, Shacklers, Riad and Scraped are shift+delete worthy.

So yes, not ashamed to say that I have even forgotten about what CD really consisted of. I havent heard these tracks since ages now.

Some people were never going to like it.

It has everything for me. Easily my favourite GnR album.

WHAATTT?!!

Proud to download the album off youtube and I fast forwarded the tracks to make up my mind if its was worthy to hear again or just shift+delete...

Songs that deserve to be in GNR playlist: TWAT, TIL

Mediocre songs: Better, Chinese Democracy, Street of dreams, Sorry

Songs that required too much attention and still remained in the mediocre category: IRS, If the world, Madagascar, Prostitute

As you would have guessed, Shacklers, Riad and Scraped are shift+delete worthy.

So yes, not ashamed to say that I have even forgotten about what CD really consisted of. I havent heard these tracks since ages now.

Some people were never going to like it.

It has everything for me. Easily my favourite GnR album.

WHAATTT?!!

It's my favourite Guns album period. What's so surprising about that?

Skipping to solos and requiring too much attention are more WHAT?? worthy.

And btw, you should be very, very ashamed

Edited by ColdHeartBreaker

Why would you approach it like that? To Chinese Democracy? Sounds like you had already made up your mind..which I think was the albums biggest problem. Edited by ColdHeartBreaker

People who say things like, 'CD is my favourite GN'R album', are just trying to get a reaction and be all, elitist. Either that or they are trying to over compensate for the failure of the album by adopting an extreme position. There is no way CD can compete with Appetite, or even Illusion. 2/3's of the album stink to high heaven for a start (scraped, shacklers, riad, cd, if the world, til).

People who say things like, 'CD is my favourite GN'R album', are just trying to get a reaction and be all, elitist. Either that or they are trying to over compensate for the failure of the album by adopting an extreme position. There is no way CD can compete with Appetite, or even Illusion. 2/3's of the album stink to high heaven for a start (scraped, shacklers, riad, cd, if the world, til).

Preach it brother, tell the world how your opinion is fact.

Utterly ridiculous. Did you type that with a straight face? Old GN'R are severely over glorified here.

What you are doing here is childish bickering. I'd rather be honest than take up positions

Anyone who can't fathom why a particular album would be favoured over others is a close minded, elitist fan boy.

Edited by ColdHeartBreaker
  • Like 1

Utterly ridiculous. Did you type that with a straight face? Old GN'R are severely over glorified here.

I'm sorry. I'll respond to the rest of your post when I get finished laughing at this. Its not possible for Old Guns to be over glorified. They are who the band is!