Does anyone else think Axl should have Tommy do a Paul huge by having him as a studio member only, and have Duff tour?

Guest Gunns

Why dont we have Duff as a touring member, and have Tommy in the studio solely for writing/recording  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Gunns

Why doesn't Axl have Tommy do a Paul huge by having him as a studio member only

Edited by Gunns

As awesome as it was seeing Duff tonight, I'm not sure I'd be happy with it being a regular thing. It's weird just seeing him not in the spotlight and just as the bassist in Axl's band. I'd only want Duff back permanently if it was a full AFD/UYI reunion.

As awesome as it was seeing Duff tonight, I'm not sure I'd be happy with it being a regular thing. It's weird just seeing him not in the spotlight and just as the bassist in Axl's band. I'd only want Duff back permanently if it was a full AFD/UYI reunion.

GnR reunion is as inevitable as gravity :headbang:

It's funny, there were a few moments when someone's head in front of me would block my view of DJ, and I'd just see Axl and Duff together. At times like that it seemed right, but other times it was just so surreal. Never thought I'd see Duff playing bass on ChiDem songs in my lifetime. Edited by Amir
  • Like 4

I´d love to, but there is more into it than just the original 5 being friends. Axl must get in shape. I just saw the LALD clip. He screams like a little girl!.Besides being fatter than ever. I don´t want to see that in an eventual reunion.

What about the name? I don´t want them to be Axl´s hired guys. It is their band too. And there is also the management team issue <_<

To utilise the popular marriage analogy, we are at the post divorce stage where many years have passed, the band is a blended family and the majority of those involved can stomach getting along for weddings, funerals and Christmas. I don't think anyone is getting remarried anytime soon. ;-)

• Like 1

To utilise the popular marriage analogy, we are at the post divorce stage where many years have passed, the band is a blended family and the majority of those involved can stomach getting along for weddings, funerals and Christmas. I don't think anyone is getting remarried anytime soon. ;-)

It´s not about "remarried" . The problem is Axl´s "the second marriage" it´s not working either. He can´t fool himself any longer. So where does he go from here? He has accomplished very little the second time around.

It´s not about "remarried" . The problem is Axl´s "the second marriage" it´s not working either. He can´t fool himself any longer.

That has provided me with a great morning laugh. Second marriage lol. Its so true.

Would be cool if Duff would be back permanently, but it wouldn't be fair to Stinson, so no. These kind of guest things are cool, though. I can't believe I'm saying this, but these kind of things make it feel like Gn'R is one big family.

Neither. Why would I want the guy responsible for Rhiad to have any more input in the songwriting process? If we could have one bassist for the stage and another for the studio, I'd prefer Duff in the studio. I'd rather have better songs than Duff on stage. I mean, it's bass for fucking sakes.

In the unlikely event of Duff rejoining GNR permanently, under the current arrangements, he would definitely quit after a few months.

Duff is comfortable with Axl in small doses - but there is no way he could hack the frustration of being permanently led by a volatile artist like Axl.

Edited by NGOG

Would be cool if Duff would be back permanently, but it wouldn't be fair to Stinson, so no. These kind of guest things are cool, though. I can't believe I'm saying this, but these kind of things make it feel like Gn'R is one big family.

"Wouldn't be fair to Stinson"? LOL Stinson- the guy who has made a bunch of cash off of Duff's old band.

In the unlikely event of Duff rejoining GNR permanently, under the current arrangements, he would definitely quit after a few months.

Duff is comfortable with Axl in small doses - but there is no way he could hack the frustration of being permanently led by a volatile artist like Axl.

After Matt was fired, Duff didn't really have anyone there he got along with, and he had homesickness going on. He watched Slash leave and Izzy trying to come back into the fold with some songs.Assuming Duff came back full time, he'd want Matt back.

Have u seen Walking papers? Its the same as they don't showcase duff. Doesnt talk, just there with no ego. Strange.

I'm sorry Tommy, but don't let the door hit you on the way out...

Duff needs to be in this band, I think he is starting to realize that, I think Axl might be as well. Like someone else said, have Izzy replace Ashba and we are back in business folks!!!

Edited by Mike420

"Wouldn't be fair to Stinson"? LOL Stinson- the guy who has made a bunch of cash off of Duff's old band.

It's not like he stole his place in the band. And the cash he is making, he does so by working his ass off, you know - like playing gigs for the fans. he's not just sitting there pilling up money.

Have u seen Walking papers? Its the same as they don't showcase duff. Doesnt talk, just there with no ego. Strange.

Yeah I've seen Walking Papers, but last night's show was a much bigger deal.

I dig Tommy but Duff in every musical group I have seen him play in has this aura about him, and that aura sure is nice to see in the context of all of these songs.

Duff is THE GNR bassist and always will be.