Do you think I'm completely delusional if I STILL believe in reunion?

delusional or not?  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No, as long as they're still alive there is hope- and I'm sure I'm one of the overwhelming majority of fans/general punters that want to see a reunion.

It doesn't seem likely though, I'm no expert but it seems there are a lot of people with their caboose hitched to Axl and it's probably in their best interests to keep him isolated/from reconciling with Slash.

A reunion wouldn't work if TB were running it, and nothing would get done if Axl chucked a wobbler everytime he didn't get his way, which I think it's fair to say must have become the norm by now.

No, I don't think it's likely but not impossible. The most likely scenario, imo, is if Axl ran into financial trouble. I know the guy is stubborn and principled however I can't imagine him willing to downscale the life he's had for decades when there is a lucrative option.

I might be wrong though and he might be wealthy enough for it to never matter. I don't think he will ever just do it 'for the fans'.

Yes. I'm sure if Tommy or Fortus were to leave, Duff and Izzy would get a call. Axl still dislikes Adler and especially dislikes slash though, so I doubt they'll ever return. Not to mention, I don't see axl firing the other guys to let them back in.

Would you really like a reunion with Axl sounding like this? No thanks.

Honestly, after watching the videos with Duff, yeah I would. Because even if Axl sounds terrible, its worth it to have those original guys back on a big stage playing this music. Also, having those guys back takes all the pressure off Axl. He isn't the only one I'm focused on and the other guys have enough energy to compensate. He could kind of sound terrible, but as long as he was there I would be fine. The music would sound great and it could result in great setlists.

Now that Duff is back, I realize I don't really care how Axl sounds as long as he's up onstage with Slash and Izzy. They would make up for it, whereas New Guns is supposed to be all about Axl and that highlights his flaws.

Guest Len B'stard

I think anybody expecting anything other than more of the same touring-wise, at very best, and even this is unlikely, a few half assed cracks at playing some new songs that won't be well received and thus, stricken from the setlist, thats about the size of what you're gonna get.

Edited by sugaraylen

Yes. I'm sure if Tommy or Fortus were to leave, Duff and Izzy would get a call. Axl still dislikes Adler and especially dislikes slash though, so I doubt they'll ever return. Not to mention, I don't see axl firing the other guys to let them back in.

This.

Yes, I think you are - though we know Axl has played a few songs here and there with Izzy and Duff (and now full shows with Duff). We all know where the problem lies.

Plus what would it mean for the current band? It wouldn't be fair and my personal opinion is that it's not something Axl would do.

Have to remember the Duff thing only happened because of The Replacements shows. I think Duff'll get a big kick out of playing the five shows, but I don't think he'll miss late starts, tantrums, etc. (though there was none of that last night). I did get a bit excited when Axl said "Interpreter, please" :P Wasn't for a rant, just to tell people to back up a bit so people at the front wouldn't get crushed.

Just curious to see how this board sees reunionists in general :lol::shrugs:

Its moved to full blown religion for you. Just as religious people believe on faith absent hard proof, so do you.

In a related note, Jesus will likely come down and play H-O-R-S-E with you before there is a reunion.

Very, very unlikely but...not impossible. Ten years ago most people would have laughed at the idea of Duff and Axl being on speaking terms again and sharing a stage... who knows what might happen in the next couple of years. I would have an interest in it, under the right circumstances... just a nostalgia tour? maybe... yeah! I'd go :D but for it to have any credibility and not just a cash grab it would need a few new songs or album in the works (the latter being the more likely of the two).

People want that Kumbaya moment where they're all on stage together, but not until they can all be in the same room.

I think if they ever do, it's going to be to promote something from the archives or an informal show for friends and family, maybe if the Troubadour or the Rainbow was going to shut its doors. Slash said there's issues that need to be resolved, and by that he means legal stuff.

Edited by dalsh327

Slash and Axls feud is so puzzling.. Such a hatred for a person (axls side) makes me wonde just what happened between them two to make it so bad.. I get that he sorta bashed him in the media or watever but I feel it had to be somthing deeper

Before the split, Axl was a bad boy but people still liked him, they thought he was a bit of a pre-madonna and temperamental but they still liked him. After Slash's extensive press tour people hated Axl, he really started the ball rolling on the whole hate axl thing that's been going for a good many years 'Axl stole the name, held us at gun point, we had to save the fans, Axl wanted to make an industrial record' it was one sided. Also, despite all their differences Axl cared for Slash... it wasn't just a musical collaboration, they were friends even if they had grown apart over time somewhat... when Slash started to attack him in the media and then attack him in court rooms I can only imagine it really stung, if one of my best friends completely turned on me, even with some good reasons... vilified me and changed everyones opinion on me I would be pretty upset and yeah I'd probably still hold a grudge.

Depending on circumstance I would consider talking out the situation, I don't think it's healthy to hold grudges for 20yrs... especially over something like that.

Axl is no saint either, I'm sure Slash had some good reasons to vent.

Edited by Tom2112

Yes, you are. All this is is Axl using old members on his terms. He may have revised his position on many things, but keeping Slash out of GNR is something that Axl will never give up.

I'd say this number would have to take a drastic, MC Hammer-esque nosedive in order for him to entertain such an idea (but hey- as I'm sure the reunionista's round here have pointed out- the Eagles lay dormant for many, many years before the Man finally showed up with a big enough money-pile to get them back on the road and in the studio

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/rock-stars/axl-rose-net-worth/

Slash and Axls feud is so puzzling.. Such a hatred for a person (axls side) makes me wonde just what happened between them two to make it so bad.. I get that he sorta bashed him in the media or watever but I feel it had to be somthing deeper

Before the split, Axl was a bad boy but people still liked him, they thought he was a bit of a pre-madonna and temperamental but they still liked him. After Slash's extensive press tour people hated Axl, he really started the ball rolling on the whole hate axl thing that's been going for a good many years 'Axl stole the name, held us at gun point, we had to save the fans, Axl wanted to make an industrial record' it was one sided. Also, despite all their differences Axl cared for Slash... it wasn't just a musical collaboration, they were friends even if they had grown apart over time somewhat... when Slash started to attack him in the media and then attack him in court rooms I can only imagine it really stung, if one of my best friends completely turned on me, even with some good reasons... vilified me and changed everyones opinion on me I would be pretty upset and yeah I'd probably still hold a grudge.

Depending on circumstance I would consider talking out the situation, I don't think it's healthy to hold grudges for 20yrs... especially over something like that.

Axl is no saint either, I'm sure Slash had some good reasons to vent.

But would you sit on your hands for 10 years, never correct the record, and let the "lies" become accepted as facts?

That's where a lot of Axl zealots lose me. He has a fucking tongue. If you are getting unjustly ripped, speak the fuck up.