Do you think I'm completely delusional if I STILL believe in reunion?

delusional or not?  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Slash and Axls feud is so puzzling.. Such a hatred for a person (axls side) makes me wonde just what happened between them two to make it so bad.. I get that he sorta bashed him in the media or watever but I feel it had to be somthing deeper

Before the split, Axl was a bad boy but people still liked him, they thought he was a bit of a pre-madonna and temperamental but they still liked him. After Slash's extensive press tour people hated Axl, he really started the ball rolling on the whole hate axl thing that's been going for a good many years 'Axl stole the name, held us at gun point, we had to save the fans, Axl wanted to make an industrial record' it was one sided. Also, despite all their differences Axl cared for Slash... it wasn't just a musical collaboration, they were friends even if they had grown apart over time somewhat... when Slash started to attack him in the media and then attack him in court rooms I can only imagine it really stung, if one of my best friends completely turned on me, even with some good reasons... vilified me and changed everyones opinion on me I would be pretty upset and yeah I'd probably still hold a grudge.

Depending on circumstance I would consider talking out the situation, I don't think it's healthy to hold grudges for 20yrs... especially over something like that.

Axl is no saint either, I'm sure Slash had some good reasons to vent.

But would you sit on your hands for 10 years, never correct the record, and let the "lies" become accepted as facts?

That's where a lot of Axl zealots lose me. He has a fucking tongue. If you are getting unjustly ripped, speak the fuck up.

Fear of litigation + martyr complex. And then when he did speak up during the Serpico rant in '02, he was accused of whining.

I dunno, he has Duff playing multiple full gigs with the band plus Izzy has shown up on numerous occasions since 2006. Plus even though Steven was mouthing off at the HOF I am sure Axl is aware of Steven's nature and could bury the hatchet because they spoke in 2006 so they have some sort of ground for that.

Slash is really the only factor in terms of who Axl wouldn't be ok playing with. Who knows, I don't think it is completely delusional to say there is a very slim possibility of a reunion - however I wouldn't count on one ever happening.

Edited by WhazUp

But would you sit on your hands for 10 years, never correct the record, and let the "lies" become accepted as facts?

That's where a lot of Axl zealots lose me. He has a fucking tongue. If you are getting unjustly ripped, speak the fuck up.

Fear of litigation + martyr complex. And then when he did speak up during the Serpico rant in '02, he was accused of whining.

But take something like Axl's supposed refusal to take the stage unless they signed over the name.

Axl contends that's bullshit. Then step up. Correct the record and/or sue their asses.

Failure to do so shows the true merits of your denial, despite how impassioned you might sound putting it across.

But take something like Axl's supposed refusal to take the stage unless they signed over the name.

Axl contends that's bullshit. Then step up. Correct the record and/or sue their asses.

Failure to do so shows the true merits of your denial, despite how impassioned you might sound putting it across.

He said in '08 that he would have been cleared out years ago if that was true. My guess is it involved some trickery from Goldstein without Axl's knowledge (Duff's account supports this) and the statute of limitations had run out once Slash and Duff kicked up a fuss about the name.

I am still coming to this board in the hopes there is a reunion, do I think there is going to be a reunion? I doubt it, but I can keep hoping and having Duff around gives me some belief

No, I don't think it's likely but not impossible. The most likely scenario, imo, is if Axl ran into financial trouble. I know the guy is stubborn and principled however I can't imagine him willing to downscale the life he's had for decades when there is a lucrative option.

I might be wrong though and he might be wealthy enough for it to never matter. I don't think he will ever just do it 'for the fans'.

Axl is worth 100 Million+, he is never going to be in any financial trouble

I am still coming to this board in the hopes there is a reunion, do I think there is going to be a reunion? I doubt it, but I can keep hoping and having Duff around gives me some belief

No, I don't think it's likely but not impossible. The most likely scenario, imo, is if Axl ran into financial trouble. I know the guy is stubborn and principled however I can't imagine him willing to downscale the life he's had for decades when there is a lucrative option.

I might be wrong though and he might be wealthy enough for it to never matter. I don't think he will ever just do it 'for the fans'.

He has an expensive lifestyle though. Michael Jackson was very wealthy at one point. You never know.

I realize I'm in the minority on this...but I sincerely hope a reunion never happens...Axl is just too much of an embarrassment now. But what I would like to see is Slash, Duff, Izzy and Adler (or Matt) working together again with some bad ass young singer instead of Axl. Don't know who that singer would be...and definitely not Myles Kennedy...but there's bound to be some decent singers out there. I think the four of those guys could still make some killer music, but Axl's vocals are just too far gone. I think a reunion with Axl would just be a pathetic train wreck.

MJ was worth 500mil but also 500 mil in debt. That's called a lifestyle.

There will be no reunion. Axl said so. But hey, by all means, keep the dream alive and talk it about it in every thread.

Axl has said that there can be reunion discussion if certain things happen. He said in his HOF letter the following:

"There's a seemingly endless amount of revisionism and fantasies out there for the sake of self-promotion and business opportunities masking the actual realities. Until every single one of those generating from or originating with the earlier lineups has been brought out in the light, there isn't room to consider a conversation let alone a reunion."

So what is Axl trying to say here? :lol::shrugs:

Edited by gunnari

I doubt a reunion will happen, but you should never give up hope.

Never say never. Plenty of bands who have hated each other have gotten back together and recorded and toured. I actually think it's been too long, but hey who knows?

For those saying there will never be a reunion,did you ever think the band would've broken up? That is if it's old school fans from the 80s/90s era that are saying that. I never thought that they would have.

MJ was worth 500mil but also 500 mil in debt. That's called a lifestyle.

Yup, I think that's probably part of the reason why MJ was doing the

set of concerts in London.

People have already thrown up the Axl/MJ comparisons before so to

preclude Axl from the financial comparison as well and view him as being eternally

financially secure might not be the best idea. Axl seems maybe more frugal

and down to Earth than MJ (that's not really tough tho) but who knows, Axl did

have that apartment he forgot about for however many years. Sure, that may not

have been much of a dent to Axl's fortune, but with the rock star lifestyle and the

accumulative effect of who knows how many other incidents like that, it may eventually

catch up. Axl's got an entourage to deal with as well. And who knows what will happen

when the ship finally does start to sink.

Until Axl arrives on stage via jet-pack I won't think he's in too much trouble.

I always think there's a reunion chance, there's always that chance.

But the No material is convincing.

1. Slash. The bad relationship and no way to resolve it if they never speak.

2. The divergent musical directions. No one wanting to compromise.

3. Lack of financial reason to compromise. They not broke. Yet.

4. Without a record it would just be a Cash Grab Tour. Which might not be such a bad thing. It would be a kick for the fans, and they'd probably make bank, but it might ruin any of Axl's ambitions.

5. Only way to do the record would be for Axl to hand creative control mostly to Slash and Izzy and say "I'll sing whatever you want". But it actually seems like it's Axl that needs the most control to feel good about doing anything and also seems like he's the one who pushes things. You could probably expect a UYI type record without NR, Estrnaged, Coma, Locomotive etc.

• Like 2

Until Axl arrives on stage via jet-pack I won't think he's in too much trouble.

I always think there's a reunion chance, there's always that chance.

But the No material is convincing.

1. Slash. The bad relationship and no way to resolve it if they never speak.

2. The divergent musical directions. No one wanting to compromise.

3. Lack of financial reason to compromise. They not broke. Yet.

4. Without a record it would just be a Cash Grab Tour. Which might not be such a bad thing. It would be a kick for the fans, and they'd probably make bank, but it might ruin any of Axl's ambitions.

5. Only way to do the record would be for Axl to hand creative control mostly to Slash and Izzy and say "I'll sing whatever you want". But it actually seems like it's Axl that needs the most control to feel good about doing anything and also seems like he's the one who pushes things. You could probably expect a UYI type record without NR, Estrnaged, Coma, Locomotive etc.

I don't see why Izzy and Duff couldn't contribute songs with the current lineup, or some of the stuff Robin had worked on with them, it's just session work.

I think it's possible Slash could work on a "new" GNR song but it would have to be something like what the Stones did for "Exile on Main St".

It took Mick Taylor 40 years to return to the Stones, and they just bring him out for a few songs. So we just have to wait another 20 years