If Axl's only in it for the money...

Shouldnt he have fired Pitman and one of the guitarists? I mean, they are not really necessary and they need to get paid to so less money for Axl. Or if they are on short-term contracts (2-3 years) simply not renew them.

It doesnt make sense unless Axl still has some kind of masterplan he's working on?

I don't think it's as simple as the OP is making it out to be. Axl probably still has his preferences in regards to how he wants a GNR concert to be. Having that many guitar players to help thicken the sound and offer different styles probably appeals to him. Not to mention he probably feels a sense of loyalty to a group of guys who have stuck with him despite not doing much on the new music front.

I think Axl has his principles, but how much they conflict with his money needs can vary. It's not a binary consideration; an all or nothing determination regarding what prevails. But if Axl was above the money, I can't see him sticking with the same setlist structure for 13 years.

Shouldnt he have fired Pitman and one of the guitarists? I mean, they are not really necessary and they need to get paid to so less money for Axl. Or if they are on short-term contracts (2-3 years) simply not renew them.

It doesnt make sense unless Axl still has some kind of masterplan he's working on?

Something that nobody can dispute: If you are loyal to Axl, he will return your loyalty tenfold.

Something that nobody can dispute: If you are loyal to Axl, he will return your loyalty tenfold.

Agreed

Something that nobody can dispute: If you kiss Axl's ass, he will (probably) not fire you.

Would you say that Tommy has kissed Axl's ass?

I have no doubt that they are primarily loyal to the paycheck; but if Axl percieves you as loyal, your place in GNR is guaranteed.

He'd have a reunion if cash was his sole intention, he clearly still has some kinda bizarre plan for a sequel going on in there or he is slowly warming to a Duff and Izzy reunion and keeping a similar setlist thus achieving only a small amount of a successful evolution of Guns N' Roses.

I'm sure TB pays along these lines- TB 15%, and Axl 60% and the others divide the remaining 25% and I'm sure they are happy as fuck because (what is it 4-5 guys?) splitting 25% is better than than 4-5 nobodies splitting nothing.

Edited by Snowmass

Axl's reasoning is complex and often contradictory.

He's in it for the money alright, he'd have released CD II on his own website for half nothing if he wasn't.

He's too proud and bitter for a reunion. He'd like the cash (who wouldn't) but can't go there.

He hated touring when he was in the prime of his life, can't see how he likes it as a doughy, 51 year old with failing vocal cords.

He's out there to keep his world as he wants it. High cost and isolated.