Why do people bother following the band anymore?

An original lineup is never going to happen, believe it.

The current lineup does not make new music, they just replay the songs written by the original lineup (poorly at that).

Axl's voice has gotten so bad (perhaps understandably) that to be fair, you'd be better off listening to Myles Kennedy with Slash.

I appreciate and love this band for what they did until UYI 2, but it's time to move on.

Why do we even bother following anymore?

The old band could eventually get back together. I'm never giving up hope until one of them is dead.

And when they do, I can't wait to see the shitshow this place turns into.

Have you read Axl's hall of fame letter? Read it again and pay attention to this line in particular:

So let sleeping dogs lie or lying dogs sleep or whatever. Time to move on. People get divorced. Life doesn't owe you your own personal happy ending especially at another's, or in this case several others', expense.

If you think in light of those words that he'll just change his mind, you are kidding yourself. I'm sorry, that's the way it is.

Edited by Axl?

True, but I refuse to believe that for the rest of his life Axl and Slash will never be in the same room together. Eventually, they will be, and when it happens I think it will be a sweet moment. I don't think it will lead to a reunion, I don't think they will be best friends again. But I think in some small way it will be a step forward and some closure for the two of them.

And then of course once that closure is complete, we will get a full blown reunion with Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Gilby, Steven, and Matt. Dizzy isn't invited. Tracey and Roberta are. Again, until one of them dies, I refuse to believe this band won't ever play again. They've said it about a million bands, and nearly all of them end up caving at some point. Axl has many times said things then changed his mind. Case in point: not working to keep all this stuff buried, the album will be out by the end of the year, March 7th you can totally count on it, etc, etc, etc. I don't trust him. I trust me.

Where does this notion that Axl is some supreme man of his word come from? Axl has said all sorts of dumb shit over the years that either wasn't true or hasn't come true. I'm not saying a reunion is going to happen, but saying that it definitely won't just because Axl shot off at the mouth about it seems ridiculous to me. And it's not even just about Axl. People can change their minds. I know, shocker, but it happens.

I could be wrong but I believe this thread has been made before. Like, every week.

I was wondering why I was having a deja vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu vu

They don't play the old songs poorly, there's the odd fuck up from Ashba but they ain't played poorly, Axl's vocals aren't blowing the roof of since the 09/10 tour but I don't see how you proclaim it's a poor standard.

It's testament to the rest of the band how much I enjoy the concerts despite not being a fan of DJ.

The band is far from what it used to be in the old days, but also very, very far from being the trainwreck that some people make it to be. It is a quality rock'n'roll show.

I get very frustrated with Axl's vocals when compared to what they used to be, but still find the man an amazing singer (of course, disasters like Bridge School were, well, disasters). DJ sucks though, and I don't mean just his guitar playing, but also his looks and his demeanor in stage. Also, as a guitar player myself, I find it disgusting that he puts out cigarette butts on his guitar. It makes me want to shove a pineapple stuffed with glass shards up his bum.

The current lineup does not make new music, they just replay the songs written by the original lineup (poorly at that).

Axl's voice has gotten so bad (perhaps understandably) that to be fair, you'd be better off listening to Myles Kennedy with Slash.

I appreciate and love this band for what they did until UYI 2, but it's time to move on.

Spending a combined 20 minutes of my 24 hour day posting on a few message boards isn't exactly a huge effort.

• Like 1

True, but I refuse to believe that for the rest of his life Axl and Slash will never be in the same room together. Eventually, they will be, and when it happens I think it will be a sweet moment. I don't think it will lead to a reunion, I don't think they will be best friends again. But I think in some small way it will be a step forward and some closure for the two of them.

And then of course once that closure is complete, we will get a full blown reunion with Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Gilby, Steven, and Matt. Dizzy isn't invited. Tracey and Roberta are. Again, until one of them dies, I refuse to believe this band won't ever play again. They've said it about a million bands, and nearly all of them end up caving at some point. Axl has many times said things then changed his mind. Case in point: not working to keep all this stuff buried, the album will be out by the end of the year, March 7th you can totally count on it, etc, etc, etc. I don't trust him. I trust me.

There has to be a reason for Axl to want to see Slash, and to date he hasn't had one. They touch base indirectly and know what's going on in each others' lives. I don't think Slash really cares if he ever sees Axl again either. I think at some point they'll talk again and it'll be uncomfortable, but it has to be because Axl wants to talk to him and he's moved on from things that Slash said in the past, whatever they are. I also think he's just as content with never talking to Slash again.

Because Guns N' Roses still is a phenomenal live band and because I believe in new music in the future. And, oh yeah, the drama and dysfunction both in the band and the fan base.

If I were you I would ask myself why I am still hanging around considering that the band stopped working for you already back in the 90s...

Edited by SoulMonster

Where does this notion that Axl is some supreme man of his word come from? Axl has said all sorts of dumb shit over the years that either wasn't true or hasn't come true. I'm not saying a reunion is going to happen, but saying that it definitely won't just because Axl shot off at the mouth about it seems ridiculous to me. And it's not even just about Axl. People can change their minds. I know, shocker, but it happens.

Didn't Axl also say that he would never do the same shows year after year, that as an artist he would always push himself forward creatively?

Didn't he also say that he didn't write a bunch of music just to sit on it?

People change their minds all the time.

I follow the band because Axl is my favorite singer and I hope someday he (and Beta) have a change of heart about his career and decide to share his music with the millions of fans that helped make them both extremely wealthy.