Has your opinion of former 'new GNR' members changed since they've left the band?

I appreciate Fink a bit more, I think that creatively he brought a lot to the table. I was not a huge fan of him when he was in the band but it wasn't until I saw DJ that I really "got" Robin.

Fink is a decent guitarist who, although sloppy at times live, had a decent feel and wrote some good stuff on CD

I was always a huge fan of Bucket and Finck in the band. I didn't like Finck's image in 2001/2002, but I was fine with Buckethead. Go figure.

I do think Ashba makes Finck's playing look masterful. Finck was always my favorite lead after Slash anyways. I liked his sound and I think his solos on the CD tracks are highlights.

I didn't really know how good Bucket was until I heard CD when it was finally released. I knew he was talented. I didn't think the versions of the old songs they did were that faithful, and that line up didn't have the balls of the original lineup. That band was more like a group of eccentric maverick genius musicians that made a great record. They were messed up in a different way to the original band. The current line up is more of a stable touring band and most likely to make a commercial hard rock GNR record. Ron is the only wild card now really and he's pretty solid.

The guitar work on TWAT is the best thing on that entire album. Agreed.

Did Finck write the first or middle solo? That's great too. Forgot to mention that. Very melodic.

Yes, he did. As well as in This I love.

I was going to mention that but forgot... Finck's This I Love solo is one of the highlights of the album.

I was trying to breakdown the Bucket and Robin songs, would you say?

Finck was more involved in these

Chi Dem

Better

This I Love

Then Bucket was more

Shackler's

Scraped

Sorry

Tobias with the epics

IRS

Catcher

TWAT

Prostitute

Pitman

If The World

Madagascar

Tommy

Riad n the Bedouins

Street of Dreams

Thanks, that makes sense with Tobias in there too.

Edited by wasted

Chi Dem

Better

This I Love

SOD

Then Bucket was more

Shackler's

Scraped

Sorry

Prostitute

TWAT

Pitman

ITW

Madagascar

Tommy

Riad

IRS?

Catcher?

Irs-Catcher-Prostitute-Twat have Tobias involved.

You could add Street Of Dreams with Tommy.

Chi Dem

Better

This I Love

SOD

Then Bucket was more

Shackler's

Scraped

Sorry

Prostitute

TWAT

Pitman

ITW

Madagascar

Tommy

Riad

IRS?

Catcher?

Irs-Catcher-Prostitute-Twat have Tobias involved.

You could add Street Of Dreams with Tommy.

Tobias was the muse man Tobias was the muse

• Like 1

IRS gets a nice solo from both Robin and Bucket too- I love that song (especially the leaks and RAR 06 versions) just not the album version, thanks to Ron glugging it up.

Finck got to showcase how bizzare he is musically with his frantic I.R.S solo. It sounds fucked up, but it rocks. Very weird solo that fits the song really well. His minimalistic other solo he does in I.R.S. Wtf? He had the balls to play just a few notes that clearly were meant to serve the song. Always liked Robin.

Bucket was the best guitar player Gn'R ever had, except of Slash. He was the only one that came close. He had the talent to take Gn'R in a new direction and he was iconic. The Robin and Bucket combo was killer. I hope I'll get to hear the rest of their work in the future.

Edited by Rovim

IRS gets a nice solo from both Robin and Bucket too- I love that song (especially the leaks and RAR 06 versions) just not the album version, thanks to Ron glugging it up.

Finck got to showcase how bizzare he is musically with his frantic I.R.S solo. It sounds fucked up, but it rocks. Very weird solo that fits the song really well. His minimalistic other solo he does in I.R.S. Wtf? He had the balls to play just a few notes that clearly were meant to serve the song. Always liked Robin.

Bucket was the best guitar player Gn'R ever had, except of Slash. He was the only one that came close. He had the talent to take Gn'R in a new direction and he was iconic. The Robin and Bucket combo was killer. I hope I'll get to hear the rest of their work in the future.

But if you look at the list, Robin did Chi dem, Better, TIL. But yeah Bucket did the most futuristic ones with Pitman. Tobias really helped Axl bring the epics.

I've said previously that I loved what Robin, Bucket and Brain brought to the band - my opinion of them haven't changed, absolutely gutted they left and in my personal opinion we now have weaker players in there. Still holding out that we'll get to hear some of the ChiDem leftovers with their parts untouched.