should going down be played when tommy comes back?

Sorry for the lack of poll options, im posting on my phone... its sort of a rhetorical question anyways and i doubt anyone in their right mind would vote "no", but just wanted to point out how much of a great idea this would be

I know some ppl hinted that theyd like duff to stick around permanently (i would) but im being realistic here... tommy is ok but compared to duff, i personally think itll be a bit of a let down to see him back... so why not welcome him back with a bang? Make up for the fact that he has half the stage presence that duff does

About the rumors of axl singing lead on going down, i just dont believe it... i think going down is the best thing tommy related since hes joined gnr... in an ideal world, it would be a no brainer to have them play it when he gets back, but this is gnr after all... were not "entitled" to see this happen but im pretty sure we would all love it!

Edited by Hollywood Gunner

Here's one of two new songs we're gonna do for ya tonight, some of u pirating motherfuckers may've heard it, it's got lead vox from mr tommy 'the general' stinson, start it off Bumbz.

And here's another one we got for ya, bit rough around the edges n' stuff but it's called 'Not In This Lifetime' and regards the chances of us performing the song we would've performed earlier if this was a true concert script.

Idk i think its an awesome song... i like the idea of hearing another member on lead vocals once in awhile, kinda like 14 years or so fine... i still remember starting this thread a few weeks before going down leaked :

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/200499-should-axl-share-lead-vocals-on-the-next-album/?

That was the last time i had a thought like this and it came to fruition (kinda) so i hope the idea i started this current thread about does too

There's clearly an album worth AT LEAST of new material so why he won't play any of it when he's in the fifth? touring cycle of CD is bizarre. Where is the famous fire? The only reason I can think of is that he knows attendances will dwindle with more than 5 or 6 new GNR tracks so put 3 new, 3 CD songs? Or he's typical perfectionist Axl but must realize his live vocals are only gonna decrease from here so he can't tour forever to a high standard or at least acceptable mickey mouse level.

There's clearly an album worth AT LEAST of new material so why he won't play any of it when he's in the fifth? touring cycle of CD is bizarre. Where is the famous fire? The only reason I can think of is that he knows attendances will dwindle with more than 5 or 6 new GNR tracks so put 3 new, 3 CD songs? Or he's typical perfectionist Axl but must realize his live vocals are only gonna decrease from here so he can't tour forever to a high standard or at least acceptable mickey mouse level.

I really don't think attendance will be affected negatively whatsoever if he plays new music.. They play cover songs and solos right now so just switch one out and bam same show minus a cover plus a new song.. I think it's the way CD went down and that we heard like what half the album before it got out (and multiple versions)? Maybe he wants this next album to be completely new/finished to us when we hear it so there's not tons of why'd you change this and that opinions..

It's pretty sad but I could do with one new song released on fuking iTunes or somthing .. I don't even buy music at all but I'd buy a GnR track if they released one .. Anything new dammit

They need to do something to not make things just plain depressing once Duff leaves.

^^ This. Plus I like the song.

But, boy, I like the hype with Duff too. When he leaves in a few weeks, it will be just like the break-up all over again. Well, not really, but still... :(

I hope Tommy quits and leaves Axl with no choice but to have Duff stay. Then I hope BBF, Richard, and DJ Assba leave too, especially Assba. There's a reason most of the old employees left. The ones with true artistic integrity, such as Bucket or Robin or Brain, no longer wanted to be associated with the downward spiral that is the Axl Rose (Bad) Experience.

You get hangers on like Tommy and Pittman who don't even like the old songs, the songs that put the real band on the map, yet they stick around because they're stuck up Axl's ass. Dizzy is the worst of them all.

Going Down will never be played live.

• Like 1