Slash comments on Duff temporarily rejoining GNR

Guest NGOG

Hmm the most interesting part about that quote to me was "I'd never get a call like that to my address" he didn't say I'd never take that call or something to that extent.. I understand it may be a rough translation but that doesn't sound like a man who would not take a call from ol uncle Axl

You're reading too much into it. But no, it doesn't sound like that because thats exactly what it doesn't mean. Nothing in the last 10 years has made it seem like he wouldn't be open to talking to Axl. Obviously he's not saying he'd overjoyed to, because as its been mentioned he's just so far past that in the last 20 years, but Slash has never given the impression has no interest in speaking to Axl again. Axl on the other hand... Him saying he'd never get a call like that to his address is literally him saying he'd never get a call like that to his address. Its the truth and there's nothing more to read from it.

Like Slash I don't really care all that much either. Sure it's cool that Axl and Duff have been able to move forward and perform together again, and it's nice for the fans to see the 2 on stage together, but it's a bit meh overall. Ultimately it's still just 2 guys out of the 5, and while it's better than anything Axl has tried to pass as GNR in over a decade, it's still not as good as it could be.

http://www.rockol.it/news-590943/slash-rientro-duff-mckagan-guns-n-roses-non-mi-riguarda

Again, be cautious of my Google translate but it seems somewhat reliable:

"What Duff does is his business and does not concern me. The thing is, I don't care. The relationship between him and Axl is different than my relationship with Axl - I would never get a call like that to my address. No hard feelings, I'm not judging Duff, he's a nice guy. It's just that he has a more amicable relationship with Axl than me."

Seems either bogus, or improperly translated.

http://www.rockol.it/news-590943/slash-rientro-duff-mckagan-guns-n-roses-non-mi-riguarda

"What Duff does is his business and does not concern me. The thing is, I don't care. The relationship between him and Axl is different than my relationship with Axl - I would never get a call like that to my address. No hard feelings, I'm not judging Duff, he's a nice guy. It's just that he has a more amicable relationship with Axl than me."

It really doesn't sound like Slash talking..

Axl won't give Slash that call because he already called him a thousand times begging him not to leave. Axl didn't want to take GNR further with Buckethead, or Bumblefoot or DJ Ashba. He wanted Slash and Slash left him. Then Slash tried to make another big band with a new lead singer.

By saying Duff is a nice guy I think he's just saying that Duff is willing to go back and help an old friend. It's not the personality of Slash or Axl to be so nice about a situation together and that's why their relationship is different.

Not much else here. Slash and Axl seem as bitter towards each other as they've ever been. It seems like they were getting more civil pre-2009 but after Axl's cancer comments and the hall of fame it's been downhill.

Edit...I guess this was a fake quote.. I'm embarrassed.

Edited by IncitingChaos

Holy fuck, how did we not see it?

Those spell REUNION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You heard it from me, first with UNDENIABLE proof!!!! REUNION STARTS NOW

• Like 3

But why does he have a more amicable relationship?

Marty, pass me that bottle of Jameson.

Those spell REUNION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You heard it from me, first with UNDENIABLE proof!!!! REUNION STARTS NOW

No, it's all about the characters and the playing out of a generic plot.

I didn't want to say anything, but NGOG pointed this out to me. It's real, guys

I didn't want to say anything, but NGOG pointed this out to me. It's real, guys

Holy NGOG batman!

The fact that Duff has no problem with Axl sheds some doubt on what Slash's problem really was. I guess it's as simple as Slash quitting was really the problem and Duff leaving was understandable. But Duff was still part of the lawsuits for the GNR name. So it must just be Slash lying about how and why he quit?

• Like 1

It really doesn't sound like Slash talking..

Yes. It is missing "all things considered". :lol:

• Like 2

It's funny how people here obviously project their own feelings about Slash and Axl onto the acts and words of these.

I agree. Slash would have made more of a "negative" statement by saying nothing. And yet people here read it and claim he's jealous and butthurt. It seems to me that he literally could not care any less about the situation.

Aerosmith did comment by the way, relating to a previous post :)

http://www.rttnews.com/2299266/aerosmith-drummer-says-axl-rose-is-holding-gnr-fans-hostage.aspx?type=ent

I don't think Slash cares any more than he cares that Izzy still plays with the band sometimes. Slash still played in the band when Steven and Izzy were replaced :)

somewhat interesting article......

slash is cockblocking vr so duff has to make money however he can I suppose. hopefully it helps relations between all of them and the damn dvd can get released.