Axl thanking Beta at Rock in Rio III, 2001. A little fact I just noticed.

Things change, right? So do people and their thoughts. I was watching the video where Axl gets a bit emotional and thanks Beta and her three amazing children at the end of the show at Rio, 2001 and, suddenly noticed this:

When he said "She's been a mother to me, my manager...", she was incredibly surprised, maybe thinking "what does he mean?" or "what is he saying? me? manager?".

Years later, she and her three amazing children are "managing" Axl's band.

What do you think? Did they or, in this case, did Beta really want to take over Axl's band at that point? Or did she simply move along as things got worse and took a place she definitely shouldn't?

Try to keep the thread civil otherwise it'll be locked. In my honest opinion, the Beta that I see up there is not the same Beta I see in 2014. I assume things changed, and she got bitter and angrier as time went by. Yes, fair play, maybe she had to deal with all the frustration of the band not moving forward, Slash and Duff lawsuits, fans demanding new music, fans demeaning the new band efforts, and didn't want to upset Axl so she basically ate it all up. Maybe she never wanted to be a manager but she had no choice seeing how everything was going down the toilet. Whether she's doing a good job, that's for another thread.

Dude the feels. That was deep. Man makes me feel somewhat like a dick for thinking beta was such a bad person. I haven't seen this video in years and man that hit me hard, especially that hug you can tell axl really appreciated her. I hope one day axl can find his own inner peace without the aid of others but it just seems like he definitely has some inner demons. Alright enough of that sappy shit back to bitching about a reunion or new songs lol

You are hearing it wrong, he is not saying she is a manager or anything of the sort...

he is saying she has been a mother to me...... AND.... my manager... AND.... my other assistants

meaning she has been a mother to him personally as well as a mother to his manager, his other assistants and anyone in the band who ever needed her at any time.

Things change, right? So do people and their thoughts. I was watching the video where Axl gets a bit emotional and thanks Beta and her three amazing children at the end of the show at Rio, 2001 and, suddenly noticed this:

When he said "She's been a mother to me, my manager...", she was incredibly surprised, maybe thinking "what does he mean?" or "what is he saying? me? manager?".

Years later, she and her three amazing children are "managing" Axl's band.

What do you think? Did they or, in this case, did Beta really want to take over Axl's band at that point? Or did she simply move along as things got worse and took a place she definitely shouldn't?

Try to keep the thread civil otherwise it'll be locked. In my honest opinion, the Beta that I see up there is not the same Beta I see in 2014. I assume things changed, and she got bitter and angrier as time went by. Yes, fair play, maybe she had to deal with all the frustration of the band not moving forward, Slash and Duff lawsuits, fans demanding new music, fans demeaning the new band efforts, and didn't want to upset Axl so she basically ate it all up. Maybe she never wanted to be a manager but she had no choice seeing how everything was going down the toilet. Whether she's doing a good job, that's for another thread.

Yeah, I really don't think she started out with any intention of managing GNR whatsoever. It has been suggested that every previous manager secretly wanted a reunion, and was sabotaging nuGuns as a result. Now I happen to think that is almost certainly B.S., but it doesn't really matter if it's true or not. If Axl and everyone in his inner circle believed it to be true, then it makes sense that Beta finally had enough, and decided to add managing the band to her job at the time, which was managing Axl.

It hasn't been a success, but it seems likely she can't guide the band forward for the same reason the previous managers couldn't. No one can make Axl do anything he doesn't want to do, and as far as moving the band forward, he never wants to do anything.

• Like 1

Nosaj, why do you say Beta got bitter and angrier?

For what she has showed in the years after Rio? The censoring in the forums, the PMS to Madison, the way she treats people who are willing to discuss or slightly criticize the band? I don't know I feel that wasn't her first plan to help Axl out.

You are hearing it wrong, he is not saying she is a manager or anything of the sort...

he is saying she has been a mother to me...... AND.... my manager... AND.... my other assistants

meaning she has been a mother to him personally as well as a mother to his manager, his other assistants and anyone in the band who ever needed her at any time.

You're right. Then she was surprised because he said she was also a mother to his manager? Maybe Portuguese people can tell if Beta translated that wrong? 'Cause I had the feeling that she understood it as I did.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

"For what she has showed in the years after Rio? The censoring in the forums, the PMS to Madison, the way she treats people who are willing to discuss or slightly criticize the band? I don't know I feel that wasn't her first plan to help Axl out."

Tell me you are joking? Censoring of what exactly? I have talked to Beta many times, she knows I have and do "work" here, she does not control the message... ever nor has ever asked me to.

Madison? Are you serious? I am not an angry person yet I have some nice emails and pm messages from and to her that if you read you would think otherwise.

And as far as treating people any which way, what do you mean? I praise when needed and also discuss how I feel about certain things, never has she decided to call me out on any of it.

Madison was extremely jealous that what she considered a housekeeper could be doing anything with Axl or for Axl. There is nothing beyond that. Sometimes people lash out at crazies... I think that is what you are talking about.

I defend her because of one thing. I have had the opportunity to talk to her in person and email etc numerous times over the years for extended periods. She was nothing but wonderful and nice to me, my wife and everyone else around her. Because you or anyone think she is some bitter person does not make it reality. I actually know she is not any of the things she is made out ta be.

Edited by gunsguy
  • Like 2

I have no problem with this aspect of Beta or team Brazil. They've given Axl the family he never had. That's great. If I criticize her or team Brazil it has to do with how they promote the band, the name, and in many ways how they have not promoted anything, but instead remain quiet like everything needs to be a surprise.

They signed up for that criticism when they took over management. I think the personal attacks are too far, but I have questioned how they have dealt with fans and guns n roses in general.

I'm glad Axl has someone he can trust. Maybe Axl would still be on top of the world without her, or he might not be part of this world anymore. I'm just glad we still have him to criticize and praise. His music has been big in my life and I know many others. I hope they keep/start pushing Guns forward though.

I have no problem with this aspect of Beta or team Brazil. They've given Axl the family he never had. That's great. If I criticize her or team Brazil it has to do with how they promote the band, the name, and in many ways how they have not promoted anything, but instead remain quiet like everything needs to be a surprise.

They signed up for that criticism when they took over management. I think the personal attacks are too far, but I have questioned how they have dealt with fans and guns n roses in general.

I'm glad Axl has someone he can trust. Maybe Axl would still be on top of the world without her, or he might not be part of this world anymore. I'm just glad we still have him to criticize and praise. His music has been big in my life and I know many others. I hope they keep/start pushing Guns forward though.

Sure everyone wants that to happen. What about Axl?

"For what she has showed in the years after Rio? The censoring in the forums, the PMS to Madison, the way she treats people who are willing to discuss or slightly criticize the band? I don't know I feel that wasn't her first plan to help Axl out."

Tell me you are joking? Censoring of what exactly? I have talked to Beta many times, she knows I have and do "work" here, she does not control the message... ever nor has ever asked me to.

Madison? Are you serious? I am not an angry person yet I have some nice emails and pm messages from and to her that if you read you would think otherwise.

And as far as treating people any which way, what do you mean? I praise when needed and also discuss how I feel about certain things, never has she decided to call me out on any of it.

Madison was extremely jealous that what she considered a housekeeper could be doing anything with Axl or for Axl. There is nothing beyond that. Sometimes people lash out at crazies... I think that is what you are talking about.

Well, you're turning this discussion into something I didn't want in the first place. You can't try to tell me I'm joking when I have read some crazy shit from her and I refuse to go into details because the thread was not meant to be about Madison.

I have read some threatening posts at HTGTH that only a bitter and angry person would write, directed at people who genuinely were giving their opinions at the state of the band. That's all.

Well, you're turning this discussion into something I didn't want in the first place. You can't try to tell me I'm joking when I have read some crazy shit from her and I refuse to go into details because the thread was not meant to be about Madison.

I have read some threatening posts at HTGTH that only a bitter and angry person would write, directed at people who genuinely were giving their opinions at the state of the band. That's all.

Hey there are 3 sides to every shit... one person, the other and the truth of what lead to any of it. You only saw 1/3 of the stories. I didn't bring this up you did in your own thread.

Have you ever met Beta? A perception based on part facts should not dictate who a person is. Was she angry at Madison? I believe yes, is she an angry person, fuck no and I say that because I know

EDIT: Same with Axl, people perceive him as this or that so it must be right? I won't destroy his "bad boy" image but I gotta say he aint what is painted that's for sure

Fact: without Beta we would have Zero to discuss at all, this forum wouldn't even be here it would be a history of Gun page. Sorry if that bothers anyone

Edited by gunsguy
  • Like 1

i have always supported Beta & Team Brazil 100%. If their involvement have meant delays in releases due to Axl just downright needing any sort of help or healing or whatever, that's fine by me. Honestly, if Guns never released another record in place of Axl getting to be a generally happy dude in life, then I support that too. I'm happy with every existing release and show I've been to.

• Like 2

Hey there are 3 sides to every shit... one person, the other and the truth of what lead to any of it. You only saw 1/3 of the stories. I didn't bring this up you did in your own thread.

Have you ever met Beta? A perception based on part facts should not dictate who a person is. Was she angry at Madison? I believe yes, is she an angry person, fuck no and I say that because I know

I'm not talking about Madison right now, am I? Why are you forcing this conversation to be about her? I was asked a question that you, by the way, quoted, I replied and then you went in full defense mode. Relax. It's not your mother.

No, I have never met Beta. I have seen her, yes. I believe she's a cool person when she meets the fans. And how can you say you know? You don't live with her. It's like, just because she decided to exchange e-mails with you or whatever, you can have your perception of things or how Beta is but I can't.

Edited by Nosaj Thing
  • Like 1

I'm not talking about Madison right now. am I? Why are you forcing this conversation to be about her? I was asked a question that you, by the way, quoted, I replied and then you went in full defense mode. Relax. It's not your mother.

No, I have never met Beta. I have seen her, yes. I believe she's a cool person when she meets the fans. And how can you say you know? You don't live with her. It's like, just because she decided to exchange e-mails with you or whatever, you can have your perception of things or how Beta is but I can't.

I didn't just "meet her" outside a gig like most do, k? I have spent many hours with her directly on numerous occasions. Her relationship with Axl is something some only dream of in a mother. I defended her because I know her, sure I don't live with her but I have seen her many times during many hours doing many things.

My point to all this is I don't understand why the perception is that she is somehow bad for Axl or that she lashes out or is angry. It is just not the case at all.

I will bring back my point that without her we would not be discussing anything here at all, period. THAT is the fact of the matter.

Edited by gunsguy
  • Like 2

I'm not talking about Madison right now. am I? Why are you forcing this conversation to be about her? I was asked a question that you, by the way, quoted, I replied and then you went in full defense mode. Relax. It's not your mother.

I didn't just "meet her" outside a gig like most do, k? I have spent many hours with her directly on numerous occasions. Her relationship with Axl is something some only dream of in a mother. I defended her because I know her, sure I don't live with her but I have seen her many times during many hours doing many things.

My point to all this is I don't understand why the perception is that she is somehow bad for Axl or that she lashes out or is angry. It is just not the case at all.

I will bring back my point that without her we would not be discussing anything here at all, period. THAT is the fact of the matter.

Psh. I don't care how many hours you have spent with her, don't try to talk to me like you're some sort of superior entity, VelvetGirl. Like I said, she's not angry and bitter 24/7 but she got angrier and bitter as time went by, or let's say more frustrated by how things were being handled? Frustration can get you angry and bitter, no? Anyways, if you read what I did, or maybe you have? You wouldn't understand how such a lovely person can insult another one just because they have a question or would like to say that they don't fully enjoy what they're doing. This is HTGTH we're talkin' about, a forum that doesn't allow people like me - for example.

I never said - in this thread - that she's bad for Axl, did I? I just saw the video, thought that she seemed genuinely surprised by what Axl said or called her and started a discussion on what was Beta thinking at that time and how things have changed in her mind since then.