Very rare pic of Axl - Rio 2001

axl looked ok until 2006. he's been obese since 2008.

in 2010 he really looked horrible.

but his bad food habits started a long time ago :

axl-snackcathouse.jpg

In the 1990 Kurt Loder interview Axl said he was eating too much and sitting on his ass too much, so, yeah, I think it's always been a weakness for him. But it's easier to get back into shape when you're 25 or 30 than when you're 50.

I always feel kind of bad about the whole 'over weight' thing, because yeah he admitted that it was a weakness for him but in 1991/2 he started eating healthy and working out, and you could definitely see it! and I saw something James Hetfield said, mocking him in front of everyone saying he was a scrawny 'fucking vegimetarian'. Its got to of had some sort of effect on him because he can never do right when people keep mocking him about his health. Shame really.

In the 1990 Kurt Loder interview Axl said he was eating too much and sitting on his ass too much, so, yeah, I think it's always been a weakness for him. But it's easier to get back into shape when you're 25 or 30 than when you're 50.

I always feel kind of bad about the whole 'over weight' thing, because yeah he admitted that it was a weakness for him but in 1991/2 he started eating healthy and working out, and you could definitely see it! and I saw something James Hetfield said, mocking him in front of everyone saying he was a scrawny 'fucking vegimetarian'. Its got to of had some sort of effect on him because he can never do right when people keep mocking him about his health. Shame really.

I think people are exaggerating. I would never call someone that looks like Axl fat. People are acting like he's some kind of Pavarotti. In fact, 2 in 3 Americans are either overweight or obese, so would the people calling Axl fat call all those people fat too ? I don't know, maybe it's semantics and of course, I'm not a native speaker. I can see he's overweight, but it doesn't really bother me.

• Like 1

Axl has Hollywood friends. If he wanted to he has the connections to find the right trainer and get fit. He just has no motivation for that. I honestly think he enjoys walking down the street and having very few people recognize him. If he lost weight there would be cameras in his face again.

Don't bring up South America either..they would recognize Axl if he looked like Chris Farley.

axl looked ok until 2006. he's been obese since 2008.

Obese?!!

My god some people are completely delusional or have no idea what the definition of obese is. 5-10kgs outside of a healthy weight? Sure, obese ? Get the fuck out

He's not obese, but he's lazy. He doesn't give enough fucks to workout just enough so he's in shape and can deliver I give a fuck performances.

I agree with that to an extent, but even then I wouldn't call it lazy. His performances aren't lazy, but from what he is capable (or maybe at this stage, we are getting to dare I say, 'was) then yes. To draw comparisons to Elvis, this is from the last performance he did, before he died, he was overweight, out of shape, but gave it 110%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWqax9iHfRU

that motherfucker gave it 110% until he left the building well and truly.

Wow... That is giving it everything you got. What a talent.

• Like 2

This is my favorite concert of all time! I can't tell ya how many times I've watched this show

What is it about that show? They kind of rush thru the songs and didn't have Fortus in the band yet. I feel it's not the ideal performance from that era. 2002 tour shows were much more solid than this one, they had a bit more chemistry with each other and with the material by that time. Also they removed the dead-on-arrival songs like Oh My God and Silkworms.

• Like 1

This is my favorite concert of all time! I can't tell ya how many times I've watched this show

What is it about that show? They kind of rush thru the songs and didn't have Fortus in the band yet. I feel it's not the ideal performance from that era. 2002 tour shows were much more solid than this one, they had a bit more chemistry with each other and with the material by that time. Also they removed the dead-on-arrival songs like Oh My God and Silkworms.

Silkworms dead-on-arrival?

Hard fans (not sure about you) are still begging fot the studio version of this amazing song! 13 years later!

• Like 1

Axl don't even need a trainer, I'm sure 4TUS and Duff don't, after Duff's pancreas burst he just started mountain biking. I'm sure there's plenty of stuff in the gyms of the hotels they stay in. Not that I think he's anywhere near fat, just a few stone heavier than the classic expectation of super cardio narcissist Axl.

Weight is not the main issue, and by the way he is not fat, over weight yes but not fat.

This issue is Axls cardio is no where near where it needs to be.

But there could be very good reasons as to why not, I screwed up knee or hip would just make it very very hard for him to get the cardio back to where it needs to be.

I know people that are 100lbs or more over weight but there cardio is very good and have good stamina.

Axl at most is 30lbs to heavy for his age and body size.

No he would not be skin and bones like during AFD or be more fit like during UYI tours.

I just can't believe how many people on here can say he should look like the Ritz show in 88 or any UYI show, we are talking 21 years since UYI I bet if most of us look back 21 years ago and we will say "man I looked much better back then" I am old enough to do that.

21 years ago I was fit 6'4" 180lbs now I am still 6'4" but I weigh 235lbs and I am not as fit but I ain't fat either.

Edited by bigcountry

Weight is not the main issue, and by the way he is not fat, over weight yes but not fat.

But there could be very good reasons as to why not, I screwed up knee or hip would just make it very very hard for him to get the cardio back to where it needs to be.

I know people that are 100lbs or more over weight but there cardio is very good and have good stamina.

No he would not be skin and bones like during AFD or be more fit like during UYI tours.

I just can't believe how many people on here can say he should look like the Ritz show in 88 or any UYI show, we are talking 21 years since UYI I bet if most of us look back 21 years ago and we will say "man I looked much better back then" I am old enough to do that.

21 years ago I was fit 6'4" 180lbs now I am still 6'4" but I weigh 235lbs and I am not as fit but I ain't fat either.

Excuses....most people my age (near 40) and older get lazy and....FAT . I'm actually proud to weigh about the same as 20 years ago, but nowadays I've got to exercise on a regular basis and take care of my diet - no miracles...

Excuses....most people my age (near 40) and older get lazy and....FAT . I'm actually proud to weigh about the same as 20 years ago, but nowadays I've got to exercise on a regular basis and take care of my diet - no miracles...

Yes age is an excuse. I am a much bigger man now, I filled out and I will admit I have a small belly, if I lost 10 or so lbs I could probably lose the small gut.

But 7 or 8 years ago I weighed 298lbs due to psychiatric drugs, which I needed and still take but I now have delayed gastric emptying from a tumor removal from my stomach in which I lost the lower half of my stomach and can only eat very small meals. I don't drink alcohol but I do drink 3 to 4 liters of soda a day, because I need the fluids, sugar and all the good stuff in soda to keep my energy some what at a functional level. But if I eat more I just throw up, can't help it, scar tissue around the vagus nerve not letting my muscles in my stomach to get the signal to fire and push the food through my stomach. Doctor told me to drink sodas for the added boost and to keep me hydrated because with delayed gastric emptying you can get very low on things that are in soda that you need and sodas are the best place to get it if you don't have a sugar problem. I about fell over when he told me this but he was right. I take a multi too.

But anyway how is Axl any different from anyone else in this world???? He has issues I am sure but to just say he is lazy without anything to really back it up is not right. All people age and some have medical problems that may hinder them.

Do I KNOW if that is the case for Axl no I don't but I won't dog him out just because he hasn't keep what ever standard I have set for him, which I have not, but alot here do.

If you have aged well then good for you but not all people age well.

• 2 weeks later...

Have never seen this in 13 years! It's very strange how Axl looks much closer to the 90's Axl than in all videos and photos from this gig (Rock in Rio 3).

10270468_676945945705832_343048696049305

I come to post in a GNR forum and run into the Corinthians logo....damn you.

;)

Axl was so perfect in 2001. Perfect hair, perfect shape, perfect style, and perfect voice(IMO) & stage presence. Can't believe some people called him fat then. Those people must think he is obese now haha. When I saw them on Vegas New Years going into 2002, I was mind blown. Seemed like Axl and the new band had unlimited potential.

He's always been such a perfectionist, I can't believe he decided to give up and let himself go. I think he could get back in 2001 shape in 4-5 months, if he really wanted to. He should let me be his personal trainer, I KNOW I could get him back to where I'm sure he wants to be. Just light weights and stairmaster step machine everyday. No more alcohol and definitely no more prescription drugs. Those prescription drugs are bad news. I can just tell by looking at him now, he's not happy. Hiding behind layers of clothing, sunglasses and hats because he's self conscious of how he looks. No wonder he hardly moves on stage anymore, he must be hot as fuck with all those clothes and accessories on. Why not do something about it? It's not too late to turn things around. He'd feel so much better and more confident if he got back in shape.