[KERRANG] Why AXL ROSE is still the greatest rockstar in the world

Axl is very close to the title, but in my opinion, there is a slightly more deserving candidate:

1. Chris Pit(t)man

2. W. Axl Rose

• Like 1

They're out ta get him, once again!

Seriously, this attitude they talk about is long gone as well. He dresses like a rockstar but he's just a regular 50 years old millionaire now. In my case, I never wanted him to be the greatest rockstar ever. In fact, I was a happy fan in 2002 seeing him taking a more alternative direction, having bands like CKY opening for him, not dressing like he does now. That's just me...

• Like 3

Its a kinda sad state of affairs that these sort of discussions are dominated by 50+ rockers who's biggest day's are behind them. You'd have hoped a new generation of front men would have come through by now who could be in the mix to be considered the 'greatest rockstar in the world'!

But...If you're looking at the whole doing things your way attitude, give a damn about anyone but yourself mentality, combined with the look, mystery, myth, legend etc...then sure, i'd go along with it. Theres not much competition out there and on his day Axl is still one hell of a rockstar.

Edited by prettytiedup88
  • Like 2

No seriously, who wrote that article, a teenager who has just discovered GNR and thinks studded clothes are the ultimate shit?

Probably newGnR fanboy :shrugs:

EDIT: with Team Brazil approval

Edited by gunnari

No seriously, who wrote that article, a teenager who has just discovered GNR and thinks studded clothes are the ultimate shit?

Probably newGnR fanboy :shrugs:

EDIT: with Team Brazil approval

Note how the article mentions that Axl's vocals basically suck now. It's not that black and white - all fans aren't either new or old GN'R fanboys.

Guest Len B'stard

With such a void in the rock star department, Axl could step right in.

This is about the size of it, why every so often you get these articles rating Axl Rose, not cuz he's the best in his field, just that he's one of the few that are still around that ain't a complete joke, thats all it is.

just that he's one of the few that are still around that ain't a complete joke,

Considering he has turned what once was one of the greatest bands in the World into what is basically a tribute band playing and living off of the old music I would say you comment can be disputed.................. :shrugs:

• Like 1

It's like saying Robert DeNiro is the greatest actor of all time - even if he makes bad movies.

"Rock star" is something that gets thrown around when they give out "Employee of the Month" awards.

He's part of an elite group of frontmen, and when he threw himself into the songs, you really felt it coming up from his guts.