[KERRANG] Why AXL ROSE is still the greatest rockstar in the world

The article is all wrong because it's talking about a person who no longer exists. There is nothing dangerous about Axl anymore. He no longer commands an audience the way he used to. the world's greatest rock star also doesn't live off his former bands legacy. He'd be out there kicking ass with his own original material but he doesn't. He pays tribute to what he once was and far too often i't's become a sad parody. Not really the makings of "World's Greatest Rock Star"

Axl Rose WAS the greatest rock star on the planet. He's so far from being that nowadays the article is almost comical.

The article is all wrong because it's talking about a person who no longer exists. There is nothing dangerous about Axl anymore. He no longer commands an audience the way he used to. the world's greatest rock star also doesn't live off his former bands legacy. He'd be out there kicking ass with his own original material but he doesn't. He pays tribute to what he once was and far too often i't's become a sad parody. Not really the makings of "World's Greatest Rock Star"

Axl Rose WAS the greatest rock star on the planet. He's so far from being that nowadays the article is almost comical.

Disagree entirely.

He definitely commands an audience - I defy anyone (preferably not linked to an online forum!) to see Axl live at ANY STAGE in his career and state "wow, Axl didn't stand out and command tonight" nope, not having that.

Band members

Brand change

Voice skills

Yada yada yada aside..... The guy still rocks a live stage. C'mon now.

• Like 3

Axl will always be one of a kind, a unique Rockstar a unique musician and person and just the way he is the songs he made the voice he has the energry the way he performs, he will always be the greatest rockstar of all time he just has that and it doesn't go away it's in his blood now

It's funny how Don't Cry video perfectly shows what todays Axl is..In that video Axl visits his own grave to give respects to his former self and he even has that cane on that video..those videos are like prophecies for the future....Start at 4.10

Edited by gunnari

Disagree entirely.

He definitely commands an audience - I defy anyone (preferably not linked to an online forum!) to see Axl live at ANY STAGE in his career and state "wow, Axl didn't stand out and command tonight" nope, not having that.

Band members

Brand change

Voice skills

Yada yada yada aside..... The guy still rocks a live stage. C'mon now.

Dude I saw the guy three times in 2006 in 2 different countries in 3 different cities with 8 different people who were all bored to death by GnR. Axl does NOT command a stage the way he used to and he certainly does not command it the way the great rock stars of this day and age do. As a massive fan who had his back entirely in 2006 I was utterly disappointed in not only his performance but in how he was received by the people I was with who were genuinely looking forward to seeing him perform. I'm not blinded by fandom Subsy. I call it like it is. This guy does not have the presence he once did and he's far, far, far from the greatest rock star on the planet in 2014. To suggest he is, is complete and utter fanboyism.

Edited by Bono
  • Like 1

I agree with the article. Music has become so bland and boring, everything is so PC. Even hip hop/rap music. When rock was becoming bland in the early 90's, gangsta rap came along and carried that mantle of danger and unpredictablity, but ever since Biggie's and Tupac's death, rap hasn't felt the same either (with Eminem being the one exception for a few years). Now who do we have? Fucking Kayne West and Miley Cyrus. Both of them are the biggest fakes and pretenders I have ever seen. A 50 something year old Axl is far more interesting than either one of those. It is just a sad era for music right now. I know some early 20 something will jump on this post and try and claim that music is just as exciting now as it ever was, but to you I say piss off. If you are not old enough to remember real Guns n' Roses, witness the rise of gangsta rap, the whole grunge era, and so on and so fourth, sit back shut up cause you might learn something. Because that was music made by people who wrote about things that they lived and saw, real experiences, real music. Today it's people writing about bling, money, or poor me attitude, or pretending to be what people like Axl Rose used to live. Basically they are all posers imo, the whole fucking lot of them. Kanye West couldn't carry Tupac's jockstrap, he is a fucking fake and waste of time....