Botched execution in Oklahoma

Redhead74

Fucking disgraceful. As if the death penalty isn't inhumane enough, it's made a little more barbaric by the procedure being botched in Oklahoma. Clayton Lockett died from a heart attack 45 minutes after he was supposed to, due to failed delivery of the the lethal injection.

[link]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2615631/Oklahoma-prepares-execute-2-inmates.html[/link]

I don't care what the guy did, torture is NOT OK.

The definition of irony right here:

The two men had unsuccessfully challenged an Oklahoma state law that blocks officials from revealing - even in court - the identities of the companies supplying the drugs used to sedate inmates, paralyse their respiratory systems and stop their hearts.

The state maintains the law is necessary to protect the suppliers from legal action and harassment.

Lockett and Warner argued it was necessary for the men to learn the name of the suppliers in order to ensure the quality of the drugs that would be used to kill them and to be certain that they had been obtained legally.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-27215508

Guest Len B'stard

karma is a bitch, i hope it hurt both got what they deserved.

Yeah, uh, i think you've sort of misunderstood the concept of Karma here somewhat young man :lol:

Lockett was sentenced to death for the 1999 shooting of a 19-year-old woman. Warner was convicted for the 1997 murder and rape of an 11-month-old girl.

Yeah........... I don't think I'm gonna lose any sleep over this. :shrugs:

• Like 2

Lockett was sentenced to death for the 1999 shooting of a 19-year-old woman. Warner was convicted for the 1997 murder and rape of an 11-month-old girl.

They're on death row, what the fuck else would or could they have possibly done to get themselves in that situation?

Edit: WERE on death row.

Edited by Redhead74

This. I'm against the death penalty but why some have to get worked up about it is a completely alien notion to me. If that's his crime, I definitely couldn't give two shits.

Also torture? That's a tad emotional, no?

This. I'm against the death penalty but why some have to get worked up about it is a completely alien notion to me. If that's his crime, I definitely couldn't give two shits.

My stance on the death penalty is that I think we should strive to be better than that. Also one less mouth breather in the gene pool however. :shrugs: Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1

This. I'm against the death penalty but why some have to get worked up about it is a completely alien notion to me. If that's his crime, I definitely couldn't give two shits.Also torture? That's a tad emotional, no?

You didn't read the article, did you?

My stance on the death penalty is that I think we should strive to be better than that. Also one less mouth breather out of the gene pool however. :shrugs:

That's a contradiction. "We should be better than that" versus "one less mouth breather" so who gives a fuck?

Yes, as a civilisation we are better than that. And the fact that innocent people are murdered by the American government on death row says that "one less mouth breather" is really not OK IMO.

This. I'm against the death penalty but why some have to get worked up about it is a completely alien notion to me. If that's his crime, I definitely couldn't give two shits.Also torture? That's a tad emotional, no?

Not like they did it on purpose though. They didn't sit in a room and say, "lets fuck up the injection, give him a full dose and see what happens for a laugh!"

Yes I did. Where does it say he was tortured?

Not like they did it on purpose though. They didn't sit in a room and say, "lets fuck up the injection, give him a full dose and see what happens for a laugh!"

The drugs were 'experimental'! You don't 'experiment' with lethal drugs on human beings even if they're on death row. Jesus Christ they use animals for the development of cosmetics! As much as I hate that too you would think that a state that is happy to slay a human being would at least test the drugs first on another form of life! Where are the principals? There are none whatsoever!

That's a contradiction. "We should be better than that" versus "one less mouth breather" so who gives a fuck?

Yes, as a civilisation we are better than that. And the fact that innocent people are murdered by the American government on death row says that "one less mouth breather" is really not OK IMO.

My point is that if I had my way I would abolish the death penalty though at the same time I dont start welling up when I read a news story about somebody who raped and murdered an 11 month old baby being executed. Not saying I agree with the execution in principle but simply that I wont lose sleep over it. Bad things sometimes happen to bad people. :shrugs: Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1

The death penalty never made much sense to me. It seems it often prolongs peoples life really because of all the appeals and other legal stuff that comes along with it. Richard Ramirez (The Night Stalker) is a great example of this. He died last year of natural causes after having been on death row for over 25 years. What a waste of everyones time and what a joke to the families of the victims.

If Ramirez had just been sentenced to life in prison he would've been killed by other inmates so fast. Jeffrey Dahmer was. And this guy who raped a 11 month old baby would've without a doubt also have been killed.

The drugs were 'experimental'! You don't 'experiment' with lethal drugs on human beings even if they're on death row. Jesus Christ they use animals for the development of cosmetics! As much as I hate that too you would think that a state that is happy to slay a human being would at least test the drugs first on another form of life! Where are the principals? There are none whatsoever!

It was not an experimental drug, it had just never been used in that State before. The three drug method has been successfully used in several States before.

It was not an experimental drug, it had just never been used in that State before. The three drug method has been successfully used in several States before.
I thought it was the standard. Like one to paralyse, one to make the prisoner brain dead and one to stop the heart?

I thought it was the standard. Like one to paralyse, one to make the prisoner brain dead and one to stop the heart?

Yep, the three drug method was first used on Texas in 1982.

However sodium thiopental is no longer used as the only company making it stopped due to the negative press it was getting, instead they now use pentobarbital which is commonly used to euthanise animals.

So the method has been used before and the drugs used have in the past been used on animals.

The problem here was not the drugs used but rather the fact that the IV was incorrectly placed resulting in a "blown vein" where the chemicals were pumped into the muscle rather than the vein itself.

The Daily Mail of course failed to report this as it is a piece of trash paper and in the past has been known to completely fabricate stories.

Yep, the three drug method was first used on Texas in 1982.

However sodium thiopental is no longer used as the only company making it stopped due to the negative press it was getting, instead they now use pentobarbital which is commonly used to euthanise animals.

So the method has been used before and the drugs used have in the past been used on animals.

The problem here was not the drugs used but rather the fact that the IV was incorrectly placed resulting in a "blown vein" where the chemicals were pumped into the muscle rather than the vein itself.

The Daily Mail of course failed to report this as it is a piece of trash paper and in the past has been known to completely fabricate stories.

It amazes me how some medical practitioners struggle to find a vein.... surely they would have drawn some blood as is standard to know whether an IV has being inserted correctly.

My point is that if I had my way I would abolish the death penalty though at the same time I dont start welling up when I read a news story about somebody who raped and murdered an 11 year old being executed. Not saying I agree with the execution in principle but simply that I wont lose sleep over it. Bad things sometimes happen to bad people. :shrugs:

I didn't say it was cause to well up. To the contrary. But I believe there is a principle here and this situation is beyond ludicrous. I dont take offence to a genuine murderer facing his fate, but many people have been wrongfully executed. Imagine for a second if your wife (being an American citizen) or her brother or a close relative found her/himself on death row for a crime she/he didn't commit. Then imagine the execution going ahead and THIS happens. There are many more victims to an execution than just the convicted prisoner. There are many other issues relating to capital punishment and why it shouldn't exist in 2014, but the one that hits home best for me are all the innocent people that have lost their lives for a crime they didn't commit. It's just not OK.