**Forum Changes** - Merging Discussion and News, Side Projects and the Slash section

Hi Everyone,

For some time now, we've been toying with the idea of embracing a more all-encompassing main section and doing away with some of the sub-forums.

MYGNR has long prided itself on being a community that promotes all incarnations of the band, it's members and their side projects. The reality is that the board's culture and focus over the past 2-3 years has revolved heavily around Axl and the current band, with less discussion around other members and their current projects taking place. This is largely due to the format of the board and the narrow focus of the main section. We took steps to change that by allowing all-era discussion in the main section, and despite what people thought at the time, it didn't have a huge, negative effect on threads. This seems the next logical step to take to embrace the original, broader vision.

Many of the "Slash fans" troll the main section because their posts aren't seen when they're buried in a subforum that's not frequently accessed. We're hoping that they'll now be able to freely participate in topics that genuinely interest them, and bring some diversity/variety in to the main section. He has a new album coming out soon, and I think now is a great opportunity to make the change and see it in action. The intention isn't for Broski to spam us with 1000 NIN/Finck threads, or for people to take advantage of the new format unfairly. We'll be moderating a little more carefully and encouraging people to make more genuine, thoughtful posts. As always, criticism is OK - but people who are obviously trolling aren't going to be given unlimited chances to sort out their act.

I've made this announcement now, and point forward, consider it to be "in effect". Feel free to discuss or ask any questions regarding the changes here. We'll be merging the subforums and updating descriptions later this week.

I'm hoping that the majority of members will be willing to get on board with us to make this work. :)

Thanks for reading!

Discuss in this thread: http://www.mygnrforu...-slash-section/

• Like 2