We need a cricket thread here

DieselDaisy

2 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

@DieselDaisy It looked really bad because the other guys walked over, looked then turned away as though he was gonna die. Fucking dangerous game that bat n ball stuff.

Well that is quite rare. It is more liable the batsman would be on the receiving end, but then they have helmets. Although Brian Close was famous for standing at short leg and basically allowing the balls to ping off his bald head and be caught in the slips region haha.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Might try and go up to see a T20 (v Notts) tomorrow. I couldn't be bothered with the first three. Our form is utterly rancid,

9 (bottom). Durham played 4 won 0 lost 4 points: -4

Hahaha

Is that literally the worst group ranking in sporting history?

• 5 weeks later...
On 23/07/2017 at 8:41 PM, DieselDaisy said:

TELEMMGLPICT000135553384-large_trans_NvB

I think i was watching that while it happened in a roomful of Pakis all caning me about how shit England was at everything, was this the one against India where they turned it around?  Imagine my smug face....WHO WANT SOME, WHO WANT SOME?!?! :lol:  Funny ol' turn of events eh, go back to the motherland and you're still a wog :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The Women's Ashes starts tonight, 12ish, BT Sport 1. That is if they get any play as it has been pouring in Brisbane. The women use a multi-format system,

_98406976_womensashes.png

Womens cricket, the little i've seen, strikes me as a bit like womens cricket, sort of evenly matched at time cuz everyones equally as shit.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Womens cricket, the little i've seen, strikes me as a bit like womens cricket, sort of evenly matched at time cuz everyones equally as shit.

It has improved the last two or so years.

On an unrelated note here is Dennis Lillee v Viv Richards,

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It has improved the last two or so years.

On an unrelated note here is Dennis Lillee v Viv Richards,

He was a big ol' boy weren't he, that Lillee?  I'd've fucked knocked the cunt out after the first couple of balls.  What did he actually do, back his arse onto the stumps? :lol:

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

He was a big ol' boy weren't he, that Lillee?  I'd've fucked knocked the cunt out after the first couple of balls.  What did he actually do, back his arse onto the stumps? :lol:

Yes. I'm not sure if he was caught also as the ball pings off outside the screen. But Lillee is bowling so well there that he makes Viv look like his bunny. Absolutely terrifying spell. That is Western Australia v Queensland by the way.

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yes. I'm not sure if he was caught also as the ball pings off outside the screen. But Lillee is bowling so well there that he makes Viv look like his bunny. Absolutely terrifying spell. That is Western Australia v Queensland by the way.

Thats bowling well, just banging bouncers at people?  I'm not being funny cuz i don't know much about cricket but ain't that just delberate dangerous play, couldn't anyone do that all game? 

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Thats bowling well, just banging bouncers at people?  I'm not being funny cuz i don't know much about cricket but ain't that just delberate dangerous play, couldn't anyone do that all game? 

Lillee would bowl fuller length also. They restricted the bouncers to two per over when the West Indies were destroying everyone. This was brutal by Roberts,

Some including Don Bradman and Ritchie Benaud regard England's Frank 'Typhoon' Tyson as the fastest bowler to have ever played the game, faster, according to them, than Larwood, Jeff Thompson, the Windies pace quartet or Akhtar,

Edited by DieselDaisy

18 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

You seriously watch womens cricket you fuckin iron? :lol:

I'll watch most cricket if the calibre is there as I love the sport. England are piss poor here. I think they'll lose this Ashes as they'll be four points down. Weird after winning the world cup but how often do you see that, teams winning something, going on the piss and flopping subsequently.