We need a cricket thread here

DieselDaisy

I'm going to Day 1 of York's first County Championship match since 1890: Yorkshire v Warwickshire at York Cricket Club, Clifton Park.

the-club-copy.jpg

The weather looks iffy though so fingers crossed. If it rains, I'll leave early and go to York Minister, the pub, or both. 

https://yorkshireccc.com/news/view/7751/big-match-preview-yorkshire-v-warwickshire-ccc-cc

PS

I didn't watch the Kashmir Test but Pakistan bowlers seem to have bowled some dross: Hassan Ali 1/84: Wahab Riaz 1/71! Only Mohammad Amir seems to have bowled well. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Tried watching a bit of cricket today...like actually watching it, not just checking scores.  It really is as fucking boring as I remember.  

You're just odd. Especially for a Paki. You should be utterly ashamed of yourself. 

I watched the England v India game and reckon it was rigged. India only scored 27 in the first ten overs and didn't even attempt to hit boundaries in the last 6 when they had a chase on. Mark my words we will hear about that game being bent in a few months time.

2 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

I watched the England v India game and reckon it was rigged. India only scored 27 in the first ten overs and didn't even attempt to hit boundaries in the last 6 when they had a chase on. Mark my words we will hear about that game being bent in a few months time.

The theory is it was to deny Pak going through at England's expense. There is a internet forum called - you'll both like this - ''PakPassion'' haha and they're furious at the urine drinkers.

Although, when Kohli was asked the reason he replied, ''I don't know, you'll have to ask the two out there'' so: dissent in the camp?

Only MS Dhoni knows what he was doing out there!

10 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

The theory is it was to deny Pak going through at England's expense. There is a internet forum called - you'll both like this - ''PakPassion'' haha and they're furious at the urine drinkers.

Although, when Kohli was asked the reason he replied, ''I don't know, you'll have to ask the two out there'' so: dissent in the camp?

Only MS Dhoni knows what he was doing out there!

Sounds like a load of cobblers, what sportsman with an ounce of self respect would lose their own (very good) chances at winning what I assume is the most prestigious prize in their sport just to spite a team less likely to win to see them go out.  Then again I suppose India ain't AS desperate for points but still, fuck that, these conspiracy theorists take the mick.

10 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Sounds like a load of cobblers, what sportsman with an ounce of self respect would lose their own (very good) chances at winning what I assume is the most prestigious prize in their sport just to spite a team less likely to win to see them go out.  Then again I suppose India ain't AS desperate for points but still, fuck that, these conspiracy theorists take the mick.

India are already through. It was basically a meaningless game for them.

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

I thought cricket is a really big thing in UK but then I saw an article that 6m in average watched Wimbledon final between a Swiss dude and a Serb while cricket had a 4m average

Its a quintessentially British sport and its firmly rooted in the culture but its certainly not what I'd call popular.  It has a sort of stigma as like...a conservative non-exciting thing.  Abroad its a massive thing, in the old colonies, lots of South Asian nations and down under, the South Asian ones particularly, not being subject to the old guard stiff upper lip association it has in this country, are really rowdy and lively about it.  This final was like a movie finish though, so I'm told, I didn't watch it.