Robin Finck with Nine Inch Nails

Broskirose

A thread for Robin-specific discussion: Take 2

14198979711_0f5703d615_c.jpg

Edit: It would seem there is some confusion as to the purpose of this thread. This is not a general NIN discussion thread. That can be found in My World.

This is for news and discussion particularly relating to Robin. It isn't a thread for people to discuss their favorite tracks off Year Zero.

Edited by Broskirose
  • Like 2

One year ago today...

14151078381_615c6885e3_z.jpg

I am proud to announce that the tour lineup now includes the incredible Robin Finck. The addition of Robin to the mix of players Ive assembled makes this band incredibly powerful and versatile. We are deep in the rehearsal process and it feels exciting and great to be back at this. Lots of information, surprises and sweat headed your way. Stay tuned!

TR.

https://twitter.com/trent_reznor/status/335425288580255744

I'm not a huge NIN follower but am looking forward to seeing them this summer. Which songs did Finck write?

I think Rezor writes it all but some particular exceptions.

But you'll probably get some of this:

Damn, I love those backing vocals from Robin, they remind me the 2001-2002 Mr. Brownstone.

*insert Ashba solo*

863373robinface.gif

It sounds like one of those vids that have a dubbed terrible guitar over a vid, except in this one, it's just Finck. All of his solo spots were like this.

The problem with Finck is that he wasn't a good fit for GN'R when they performed their older material.... he absolutely butchered many of songs. I remember years and years back when countless number of people on the board were calling for his head because he was so terrible. He had no business doing solo spots like this.

Album work on CD though? OK. I can live with.

*insert Ashba solo*

863373robinface.gif

It sounds like one of those vids that have a dubbed terrible guitar over a vid, except in this one, it's just Finck. All of his solo spots were like this.

The problem with Finck is that he wasn't a good fit for GN'R when they performed their older material.... he absolutely butchered many of songs. I remember years and years back when countless number of people on the board were calling for his head because he was so terrible. He had no business doing solo spots like this.

Not all of them were that way. This one is amazing IMO:

*insert Ashba solo*

863373robinface.gif

Not all of them were that way. This one is amazing IMO:

Nah it wasn't too bad, he was better when he had the band backing him on his solo spots. Some kind of rhythm there instead of him out in the open thrashing away at God knows what. I will say he progressed with solo spots as the years went on though, early on he was really bad to me. He did get better with the band year after year.

*insert Ashba solo*

863373robinface.gif

The whole NIN industrial image, his cat in the hat sox and pancake makeup... just made GNR a joke...him on the right and and Chicken bucket hockey mask to the left.....plus butchering the the material...just too much of a shocking difference from what GNR was ...but that aside... maybe one song has any kind of relevance "Better" and even then the world wouldnt be robbed if it wasnt created.

better and more creative in NIN...

I think my biggest comment reserved for Fink as he was heir designate to Slash and then his career while in GNR when no where ...if you didn't kow Robin from NIN chances were you didn't know him from GNR

I don't know... NIN back in the day reminds me of GNR back in the day. Completely out of control. Looks like Trent kinda came out of it better though. I think that's due in part to the subject matter of NIN's songs (which kinda transcends life itself). GNR's music is really all about chicks, drugs and rock n' roll. Kinda hard to pull off once you're a 50 something. But for NIN's music... a lot of it can relate to any time period. Anyway... the video. Pretty crazy. Check out the dude hanging weights from his dick at some point. Don't ask me for the timecode... couldn't keep watching... lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQw4SAheduU

Robin's in there a lot.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...