May 21st, 2014 - Las Vegas, NV - No Trickery!

They've got 9 shows to play in 18 days, I wouldn't suggest anyone get their hopes up for life changing moments.

The only thing this screams to me is 'repetetive/safe' shows with slight variations to make them each a tad different. Maybe a new cover song. Those are easy and convenient.

This is what will happen, then a silent break, then another tour with exactly the same deal, then someone who isn't Axl will say they hope to work on a new record after the next tour.

Kinda like those signs on the highway that say something is 'Just Around The Corner' and they keep saying it but it's actually 50 miles away lol.

Axl has a problem if attendances dwindle as he hasn't implemented the GNR evolution he could've done after the CD momentum, if they get bored of seeing this band play the classic material, which is only going to repeat itself and the 2010 mindblowing form isn't coming back, the only tricks he has after falling into a numb ghost show of repetition and going thru the motions, are reunion or new music. And now new music won't be of interest to anyone except the hardcore loonies like us.

Axl has a problem if attendances dwindle as he hasn't implemented the GNR evolution he could've done after the CD momentum, if they get bored of seeing this band play the classic material, which is only going to repeat itself and the 2010 mindblowing form isn't coming back, the only tricks he has after falling into a numb ghost show of repetition and going thru the motions, are reunion or new music. And now new music won't be of interest to anyone except the hardcore loonies like us.

Apparently the last residency was a financial success, so I don't see any economic reasons why the band should stop touring anytime soon.

As for there being no interest in a new GN'R record. Nah, a few million hardcore loonies bought CD. A new GN'R record will inevitably sell well. Perhaps not that much, but still among the top selling records of the year.

• Like 2

I'm not sure more than 10% of the fanbase have even heard of Atlas Shrugged or Checkmate but I agree if the promotion is done even a little it'll make money, just be lucky to get a third of Democracy numbers imo.

People were starting to take new Guns seriously during the 09/10 touring cycle and there would've been a hell of a lot more interest if he was in shape and made a debut of something new in Rio.

What time do we expect GNR to take the stage? 11pm?

That's typically the time I estimate for every show unless stated otherwise (i.e. Rock on the Range).

Thanks - i think they always came on around 11-11:30pm during the previous residency too. I hope it isn't after midnight...