May 21st, 2014 - Las Vegas, NV - No Trickery!

The Saturday Vegas show I saw, GNR came on around 11:45.

Since Axl has admitted to having a problem with being on time all his life, don't expect them to be on earlier than 11:00.

It's a rock show! don't worry about what time GNR come on. You know it'll be a 3 hour show, so sit back and enjoy it.

I'm glad I opted for seats then. Potentially standing for 5 hours? No thanks!
Try doing the shit we do. Standing for 13 hours at Governors Ball :lol:
Serious question: do you guys wear a diaper or rubber pants to get through those shifts?

So no new songs tomorrow night and we lynch NGOG?

I wonder how many website hits that "exclusive" news gathered.

Don't ban me!

No :lol: I only ever drink enough to stay hydrated, never any more than I need. Especially on a hot day, you'll end up sweating most of the water out of you, cutting down on having to go to the bathroom.

GB was a pretty extreme case, definitely the longest I've ever been on a barrier. But 6 hours for a Maiden gig happens regularly.

His weight doesn't fluctuate. He's been fat for a while and people are in denial so every show he "looks less bloated."

He does tend to bloat up and down a bit. I don't think it's denial, isn't it common for that to happen when you get older? My mum always complains that she's "bloated". :lol:

"A bit" is key. Whatever he gains or loses, it's "a bit" if anything. We hear about him looking less bloated literally every show. If it were true he'd look like he did in the 80s by now. :lol:

Well yeah, that's for sure. Some shows he does look a little better than others, and I guess people tend to see what they want to see, much like people tend to cherry-pick the best parts / worst parts when praising or critiquing a performance.

That's why some people constantly exaggerate improvements in his appearance, and others always seem to say he's "fatter than ever". The truth is that he's slowly gained some weight over the years, but usually loses some of it during long tours. He could be in better shape, but he's 52 and still clearly partying a lot... so he could also look a lot worse.

I'm pretty bored of discussing his appearance, it's always going to be a circular discussion with people arguing from complete opposite ends of the spectrum. Anyone expecting any guests to show up on the opening night?

• Like 3

Maybe they'll play TWAT a couple times. Things could get crazy.

I'm pretty bored of discussing <insert anything at all about Guns N Roses>.

Fixed for you. :)

inb4 "Then why are you here. Waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!" :lol:

:facepalm: You better not forget to pay up again this year, or you're banned.

You wouldn't dare. :max:

• Like 3

Maybe they'll play TWAT a couple times. Things could get crazy.

Or pull out an oldie - Madagascar or Street of Dreams? Genuinly don't understand how people can get excited by this any more?! Duff being back was the only exciting thing to happen for years - you'll get at best a couple of ChiDem songs they haven't played for a while, a new cover & an Appetite song they haven't played for a while (OTGM or TAY) - It's bordering on disgraceful how much this group of ppl are taking the utter piss out of fans of this once great band.

I don't care how Axl looks, or if he had 30 seconds of rasp in RQ...Where the fuck are the new songs?!!! ... And NO, Tommy singing a Sex Pistols or Undertones piece isn't a new song, neither is BBF playing Abnormal or DJ struggling his way through his new.. Whatever it is.... The fact some of you guys still defend this is slightly insane tbh...

Edited by robin2002
  • Like 4

bring back Scraped and Sorry with a cover of Viva Las Vegas.

That would be cemented Axl's Elvis impersonatoresque position in todays music
When I listen to the Gram Parsons version I can just hear Ron shredding on it. I guess it's all just Kentucky Rain in the end.

"Hey! what's up, man? [incredibly awkward and long pause] This is Dizzy Reed". :rofl-lol:

Dizzy would make a fantastic Sham-Wow salesman. Guns N' Roses shows...not so much.

don't be square :lol:

::fumbles for credit card out of fear of being "square"::

The end is just so bad.. "No trickery" is horrible it shouldn't be in the title :D

Why is it that Dizzy is the one guy that won't leave????? It reminds me of the Denis Leary bit about how it seems like only really talented people OD on drugs.

It's because Axl is the one who brought him into Guns and at the time Dizzy was broke and was essentially homeless. Dizzy owes everything to Axl and refuses to leave him because of this.