[RUMOR -- UPDATE: FALSE!) AXL ROSE TO RETIRE AFTER VEGAS

this can't be true man.... when axl decides to quit he should do it in a good way with one last album and a hell of a kickass goodbye tour just like motley crue is doing

That would be great, but probably the most out of character thing that he could ever do. Axl doesn't care about the fans so far as pleasing them. Sure he wants to put on a decent show but he won't be forced to do something he isn't comfortable doing just to make fans happy.

Honestly, he's worth $150million and all he gets is shit after shit from the fans. He probably feels he's better off calling it a career. The only thing that could turn it around is calling Slash, and I doubt he will ever do that.

this can't be true man.... when axl decides to quit he should do it in a good way with one last album and a hell of a kickass goodbye tour just like motley crue is doing

It really would be more Axl like to do just the opposite though.

yeah but then he will always be reminded as a coward who failed himself and his vision and goals for the 21th century

Can't someone just ask Bumble?

Bumble is the source. 16 Days and Counting

I feel bad for Ron that he never got to write with Axl, but at least some of his playing is on CD. If this is true, the best part is that not a single note written or played by DJ Ashba will ever be on a GNR album.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

That doesn't seem absurd. Radaronline has mixed history with those sort of things. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

It would be sad, to go out like this, without a bang.

There is always the delusional hope that his conversations with Duff amounted to something and there is something huge in the works. With an emphasis on the "delusional" bit, though.

Could be true but end up not happening, if those leaked e-mails have any veracity to them then Axl's expressed a desire and attempted to disband GNR on numerous occasions.

I can believe this. I've been saying for years now that he appears to just be in it at this point to secure his, and his "family's"well beings. If true, best course of action he can take at this point.

What's really the point of carrying on anymore?

-no reunion

-doesn't seem to care about evolving the nu band anymore

-sounds and looks like shit, only getting worse and less consistent, and doesn't seem to give a rats ass about it

Long overdue. Time to ol' yeller this bitch.

Could this be some promotion strategy to sell tickets for the Vegas shows? :ph34r:

I thought about it too, but I don't know anything about Radar Online. Are they "big" enough to create some "buzz" with this? Wasn't the SA tour a success? Didn't GNR get some good feedback from the press?

Edited by TakeMeHome

God knows it makes sense, but I don't figure Axl for giving us the closure of an announcement. Rather just going dark and leaving us to bicker online about the actual status of things. We'll see.

God knows it makes sense, but I don't figure Axl for giving us the closure of an announcement. Rather just going dark and leaving us to bicker online about the actual status of things. We'll see.

A does Guns exist thread could keep the forum ticking over nicely for a few years I would imagine!

It's probably true. Axl and Beta (ugh, it's so disgusting that these two ARE guns n roses) will never make an official announcement. We'll simply never hear from them ever again.

And Dj.

I can see it now.

Year 2034:

Interviewer: So Dj, what else besides Sixx AM are you working on.

Dj: Still working on the new GnR album, it's going to be great, we've been on break for a few years, since what.... 2014? But Axl really has been wanting to release it and tour.