Ron leaving the band?

According to a relevant source it's probably that Ron is going to leave the band after Las Vegas, this has been discussed on the thread of the first Vegas concert, but according that there is going to be more days, and is more appropiated to talk about it in other thread, I just post this.

THIS WAS NOT FROM GUNS MANAGEMENT BUT FROM SOMEONE V CLOSE TO THE BAND.

Anyone going to these shows who's a massive fan of Bumble' - Enjoy and take it all in :)

I believe he's handed in his notice (not for the first time though) and Axl's fed up with his "im off, IM BACK! im off IM BACK" routine. I have a feeling Axl will call his bluff at the end of Vegas regardless of another potential U-Turn. I'm also led to believe there's been a major issue behind the scenes during the recent SA Tour and there will be some changes in general. Don't think this should be taken as negative though, depending on your stance actually, far from it.

Ha ha ok Ali whatever - go see MSL he'll have all the answers!! :) I don't state something if I don't believe it to be true or accurate, everyone knows this who knows me.

Same source as SA dates before anyone knew (confirmed dates)... Go figure.

I'm glad, he seems miserable in this shit show and I don't blame him. He should do things that make him happen. Hope he has a great solo career, produces, and maybe hooks up with a teaching gig at a place like Berklee or something. Anything beats where he is now.

That interview in the other thread really bothered me

• Like 2

This is really a sad news - if proven to be true - for me.

I enjoy Bumble being in the band, what he brings to the shows, the songs. I'd understand why he would leave though. He must have had high hopes when he joined, willing to help the band move forward and making new material. 8 years down the road it must be a bittersweet experience. Knowing all that could be and seeing nothing happening.

It will be a loss and if a new guy joins, it's gonna add more fuel to the endless revolving door perception - that for me was gone with this lineup being stable since 2009.

I want to make it clear from my stance- I love Ron. I think he is a stand- up guy, tremendous musician, and there could not be a better celebrity to their fans. He has gone out of his way to do things for me on multiple occasions just because I asked. He doesn't even know me!

Him leaving would be a huge loss to the band. I honestly think it would be more of a blow than Bucket, Robin, or anyone else that has or could leave. Bucket and Robin were more important to the creative process (not Ron's fault now though), but there is no creative process anymore. Ron is the most personable and talented member in the band. I really enjoy him in GNR, but he should move on to other things. He will be happier and it would help is life immensely. The pay may not be as high, but for a musician at his level with the exposure he has now... trust me, he would be fine.

• Like 4

If UK Subs is referring to Ron leaving and not just whatever the 'general' changes might be, how could this be viewed positively "depending on your stance"? The band losing a guitarist is a disaster. Who the fuck knows how long it will take to find someone else. And why would that be a positive if Axl doesn't plan to make any new music with anybody?

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

If he wants to leave and has made peace with that then I'm happy for him. No one should stay somewhere that doesn't fulfil them.

If he does go the best course of action (imo) would be just to utilise Richard more. A band doesn't need three guitarists not even Guns and I think hiring someone new would just rock the boat further and flame the revolving door accusations.

If UK Subs is referring to Ron leaving and not just whatever the 'general' changes might be, how could this be interpreted positively "depending on your stance"? The band losing a guitarist is a disaster. Who the fuck knows how long it will take to find someone else. And why would that be a positive if Axl doesn't plan to make any new music with anybody?

I'm hoping maybe the loss of bumble will halt the never ending tour for atleast awhile, possibly giving Axl time to find the "muse" and work on all that material he has. That ofcourse, is best case scenerio lol.

I don't think bumble (or really anyone in the band right now) was going to make a huge difference on the next record, beside reworking solos and shit.

If UK Subs is referring to Ron leaving and not just whatever the 'general' changes might be, how could this be interpreted positively "depending on your stance"? The band losing a guitarist is a disaster. Who the fuck knows how long it will take to find someone else. And why would that be a positive if Axl doesn't plan to make any new music with anybody?

Two possibilities: If Subs is referring to Ron leaving => there is already someone else to take his place, maybe someone who Axl actually wants to write music with.

Or Subs is referring to another U-turn, changes in general, that might be interpreted positive.

I think it's the second one, but I'm only guessing, like the rest of you, so we'll see eventually...

Whatever happens, I'm glad I got to discover Ron, as a person and as a musician. I hope GNR doesn't bother to hire another guitarist after him if he does leave, because I could see it being a really, really average guy, like Nick Sterling or some shit.

• Like 2

Whatever works for both Ron and the band

If kicking out Ron means a complete change in the band, music... etc... I'm all for it

and it won't be so bad for Ron, regardless of what people here say

If they're just kicking him out just cause then :lol: