Ron leaving the band?

I believe he's handed in his notice (not for the first time though) and Axl's fed up with his "im off, IM BACK! im off IM BACK" routine. I have a feeling Axl will call his bluff at the end of Vegas regardless of another potential U-Turn.

Oh sweet irony.

I like Ron but I think leaving would be good for him and for us.

Atleast Axl would be forced to do something different. Whether that is re-arranging the guitar parts for two players, or hiring a new guy.

This is also what I'm hoping. That change (sad it has to be bumble and not ashba) will spice things up in watever way. It seems every time Ron was asked about new material he said they hadn't worked on anything, Fortus and ashba claim to be working on material/ideas. Maybe Axl and co. Are waiting to cut the ties with Bumble and his contract to proceed forward with the band?

• Like 1

Love Ron...and that's also why I kinda want him to leave.

Would prefer GnR to release music featuring him but since it hasn't happened in the last six years, as a BBF fan, I sincerely hope he does something more interesting with his talent.

Will support him regardless of what happens. Not sure if I can say the same about GnR.

• Like 1

Truth is that if Ron leaves or not, most people won't even notice it - it's not like nuGn'R doesn't have a few spare guitar players....

They might notice that the remaining "lead guitarist" is incapable of playing the parts that Ron used to play.

• Like 1

I really hope the entire band dismantles, so Axl can have a fresh start. New minds with new ideas=creativity.

i would normally agree, but where is there any proof axl feels like being even remotely creative?

• Like 1

If they do keep it to two players, Dj's prominence in the band live will go down considerably. He just isn't capable of handling most of the material. He'll probably quit because of ego and this will leave Axl with just Richard, and a hunt for one or two more players.

I really hope the entire band dismantles, so Axl can have a fresh start. New minds with new ideas=creativity.

i would normally agree, but where is there any proof axl feels like being even remotely creative?

Bumble & DJ were two new minds, and both wrote and submitted music to Axl, which he did fuck all with. I can't see why a whole new band would matter much.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave
  • Like 1

Do you really want Axl to go into hiding for another 8 years while he tries to rerecreate new GnR?

Guys...what are we losing here?

I'm serious. Ron is a guy that playing in a touring band that plays the same 25 songs that he had nothing to do with.

He doesn't lift right out for someone else? Sure he does. Nothing fundamentally changes.

• Like 4

How come this thread is left open if there are no sources revealed? Usually these sorts of rumor threads are closed quickly.

I was leaving it open because one of the site Admins was the one who made the claim. I'm assuming that he'll make a post eventually saying if he wants to reveal his source or not.

I'm serious. Ron is a guy that playing in a touring band that plays the same 25 songs that he had nothing to do with.

He doesn't lift right out for someone else? Sure he does. Nothing fundamentally changes.

A guy who can play all of the songs, has moderate charisma, and is likeable. If he leaves we're probably going to get some 20 y/o YouTube nerd, or Axl will just drop all of the hard songs from the setlist. It's kind of a big deal tbh.

Edited by bacardimayne
  • Like 2

GNR is losing a guitar player - nothing new and certainly nowhere near the devastation of Slash & Izzy leaving.

BBF's style wasn't my taste anyways.

More interested in the "general changes" that might occur, especially if it involves discussion from Duff's SA residency.

• Like 1

A guy who can play all of the songs, has moderate charisma, and is likeable. If he leaves we're probably going to get some 20 y/o YouTube nerd, or Axl will just drop all of the hard songs from the setlist. It's kind of a big deal tbh.

'There Was A Time' is far and away the new song with the best guitarwork.

Has Ron being in the band for 8 years now getting that one in a lot of setlists? Not really.

'There Was A Time' is far and away the new song with the best guitarwork.

Has Ron being in the band for 8 years now getting that one in a lot of setlists? Not really.

You can pretty much say goodbye to Estranged if Ron leaves. Probably Better too, unless they get rid of the shredding solos.

Edited by bacardimayne
  • Like 1

Estranged with Axl's voice is a sacrilege. Won't be missed. Same for Better, he almost dies to sing those verses and they all sound bad. Ron won't be missed. Actually I'd love if his departure meant Axl focusing on releasing the CD leftovers. Coudn't care less about live shows.

• Like 1

How come this thread is left open if there are no sources revealed? Usually these sorts of rumor threads are closed quickly.

I was leaving it open because one of the site Admins was the one who made the claim. I'm assuming that he'll make a post eventually saying if he wants to reveal his source or not.

oh jeez, wow, ok. hope he doesn't leave.