Ron leaving the band?

I met Ron after the governors ball and he actually took time to come over and speak to me , a drunken idiot from Montreal literally lost and didn't know how to get back to manhatten. I didn't see DJ , Axl , Richard or anyone other then Frank take the time to speak to me for a few seconds. Stand out guy , incredibly talented with perfect pitch and virtuoso guitar player. He is totally wasting his time in a band that is content with just playing "the hits". I don't think he wants to wind up like Axl , wasting some of the best years of his life and not producing music. I don't fucking understand why if Axl just wants to pla old songs why he doesn't reunite the old band. Zero sense. Anyone who actually is supportive of Axl in this current state should seek serious psychological help.

• Like 2

I met Ron after the governors ball and he actually took time to come over and speak to me , a drunken idiot from Montreal literally lost and didn't know how to get back to manhatten. I didn't see DJ , Axl , Richard or anyone other then Frank take the time to speak to me for a few seconds. Stand out guy , incredibly talented with perfect pitch and virtuoso guitar player. He is totally wasting his time in a band that is content with just playing "the hits". I don't think he wants to wind up like Axl , wasting some of the best years of his life and not producing music. I don't fucking understand why if Axl just wants to pla old songs why he doesn't reunite the old band. Zero sense. Anyone who actually is supportive of Axl in this current state should seek serious psychological help.

axl and ron could have wrote some really good music together, but right now ron is just being wasted in gnr.

After Buckethead left the band was in limbo for like 2 years while Axl searched for a new guitar player. It will surely mean no more tours for

a while. All the while people will bitch constantly that the band isn't touring and no new album. Ron leaving will not be a good thing for GN'R.

Why should UK's source be revealed? If he believes it's legit then that should be good enough to warrant discussion around it.

It's the same source that led to all of the exclusives which were pinned to the main section long ago. Most of them came true (SA tour, Vegas) only one yet to come to fruition is the new songs being played (unless you want to count new songs being added to the set which did happen :) ) UK has already said it's a source within the camp where he gets countless info. Me and Afew others asked for the "exclusive info" yet to be given to the forum, in the Vegas show thread.

So all that has happened is we now know all the "exclusives" which came from the camp given to Mygnr

IF proven to be true, I'm not disappointed in the least, though I would never go so far as to say he has wasted eight years of his life. The fans he has encountered, the lives he has touched, he is a perfect ambassador for GnR.

Axl was truly fortunate to have found a down-to-earth guy that gave so much of himself for the fans, be it during the shows, afterward during backstage meets, or by having impromptu jams with fans in hotel lobbies around the world.

With an organization so isolated in its' own self-perpetuated bubble, Ron is seemingly the only member who is constantly making an effort to reach out, to be accessible, to do live chats, 6 hour bedroom concerts, etc.

What has been so disappointing throughout the years is obviously the immense musical talent that has been endlessly squandered by this circus. Such talent needs to create, to flourish, to give and receive the energy that can only come from new writing.

Whatever anyone's feelings on Ron, or any other member for that matter, the bottom line is that what Bumble has essentially wasted is 8 years of his prime creative life, if not his time, playing in this ordeal.

Edited by oneway23

if they are gonna be a jukebox touring band might as well get at least some of the originals back. ron has gained notice by being in gnr- he wants to write and perform new music, this isn't the platform for that, it's best for the band and ron for him to go. I hope duff makes a full on return... that was the most excitement gnr has had for sometime.

I'm not sure why you guys are demanding the source, if he gives it up there probably won't be anymore inside info after that.

Edited by PITBOSS

I actually think that Ron's departure will neither effect GN'R positively, nor, negatively. Currently the band are at an all time nadir due to their willingness to forgo creativity, in favour of Vegas cheese. This problem stems solely with W. Axl Rose (and perhaps, Team Brazil). Ron being in, or out, of that band does not seem to have any impact on Axl's unwillingness to release new material. I expect Axl will merely hire another cocker rocker to complement Cashba and then it will be business as usual within a few weeks with more Vegas tours and more South American flops.

• Like 1

I'd hate to see BBF leave but it would probably be the best thing for him.

I would love it if Axl made an announcement to either confirm or deny if new material was being worked on.

Hell, if he said "I like to play a show or two now and then just for fun." I'd be alright with that.

Hes the only one that really wants new music.

But it doesn't matter because he ain't the boss.... and this band is composed of a boss and employees.... he can scream, cry, kick and quit and nothing's gonna change ¬¬

But it doesn't matter because he ain't the boss.... and this band is composed of a boss and employees.... he can scream, cry, kick and quit and nothing's gonna change ¬¬

Yeah but hes the member that most cares about new music, he shouldnt leave, Well he should cuz of integrity.

Tommy, Richard and DJ all mentioned getting together at DJ's place during the Vegas run and working on new music. So, I'm not sure how you draw that conclusion.

Ali

"Now I was uh, perusing. I was reading all about my integrity, 'cause that's what I'm known for I guess - selling out my integrity. That's why I'm here with you tonight because I just don't give a fuck I guess. Yeah, that's why we worked real hard at this. That's why these guys worked real hard at being in a band that they can get abused for "because they're the guys in the way of stopping the old band from getting together." That's horseshit.

I'm not trying to bum anybody out, but, you know, I was thinking about it. I'm pretty blunt so people get real pissed. And I haven't done a lot of talking on this tour. I'll shut up real soon don't worry. You know, I've tried acting nice and that just ends up fucking me right up the ass. They take advantage of that. "Well, you see Axl said something nice, so how can we use that to our advantage?" ... The truth is they didn't want to be here for you at this level and they don't want to take it farther. I mean, that's their business right? But not at my expense or yours. You've been played. You've been lied to. You've been used. You've been manipulated so that they can ride around in limos and jam with Snoop Dogg or whoever the fuck. I don't care. That's their business, but they shouldn't really do it at your expense or mine.

Now as soon as I say this it'll be on an MP3, someone will transcribe it , and the next person will say "'Can you believe Axl said that? I mean my god. I mean he hasn't put out a record. I don't know why he would say that. I mean who does he think he is? That's not very nice. The other guys, they have gotten over it and they're his friend now and they're willing to be his friend and he just needs to grow up." .. I'm sorry. I'm a little bit more blunt. I mean, Slash may sound like a De La Hoya, but he's the fucking Vargas. That's just how it is. And just because you've got a bunch of guys agreeing doesn't mean shit. The truth is that they're a bunch of bad cops and I'm the fuckin Serpico and they can "suck my dick!"

"You know without Axl and Slash we wouldn't have November Rain and Estranged" .. Well you don't know what the fuck I went through to get that guy to play those songs. You don't know about the argument we had at A&M studios, because Duff and Slash came to me going "We're not gonna do that song Axl, we're not gonna do this song, no, no, we're just not gonna do it." .. But I wanna do it. We'll do it right now. This song is called 'patience'."

What happened to this Axl?

"Slash may sound like a De La Hoya, but he's the fucking Vargas. That's just how it is. "

What does that mean? I have never understood that.

In the boxing world De La Hoya was a "face" good guy boxer and Vargas was a "heel" bad guy boxer.

• Like 1

"Slash may sound like a De La Hoya, but he's the fucking Vargas. That's just how it is. "

What does that mean? I have never understood that.

I'm not 100% because I was young when de la Hoya was fighting but I believe it's because he's coined as the "golden boy" the good guy, and I guess Vargas was the asshole

Honestly I'm not surprised. In one interview I saw with DJ, Bumblefoot said he questions Axl a lot about different things. He's probably fed up that Axl doesn't listen to what he has to say. Really, these guys should know how Axl is. I mean it's not a secret that Axl does things his way, so if it came as a surprise, I would be shocked.

I wonder if GNR will replace him? Do they really need 3 guitar players?

That rant would be honest if we didn't know what happened after 2002, after ChinDem and blah blah....

We were played and lied by the ex-member but now we are being played and lied by Axl. So that rant lost all credibility in 2014.