Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

Don't know shit about Muddy Waters but Stevie Ray Vaughan was the complete package... technique, sound, feel, improvising abilities... he could do it all. Most people will never be able to play like Stevie on a guitar with normal settings, let alone with the settings he used, he was from another planet... he used heavy strings, sometimes thicker than 0.13, and he used very high string action (distance between strings and the fret)... the higher the action the more difficult it basically is to play guitar. The fact he could play so incredibly well with those settings says something about, well, how strong his hands were, but also what an amazing guitarist he really was. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Sleazy, greasy, raucous rawk n' roll whisky soaked blues masterpiece. It makes Appetite sound like christian rock.

HowlinWolfRockinChair.jpg

Hubert Sumlin. What a guitarist he was.

Sumlin was a fuckin’ G.  I bought the other Howlin Wolf CD you was listening to the other day off of ebay, 2.99, brand new with that plastic wrapper and everything, not bad eh?

Apparently back in the day Wolf used to keep his band in check by kicking the fuck out of em :lol: 

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

More like Wha W-W Wha Wha!, Drink champs is the best podcast! ….though Nore 's drunk ass interrupts his guest too much haha

I do love Drink Champs, I'm glad they fixed their sound shit up, it was kinda low rent early doors but its really good but like the thing I like most is the guests, fuckin' Kane, KRS, LL Cool J, Mike Epps, Raekwon the Chef, 50, some serious quality in there.  I don't mind NORE interupting, its all kinda cool and informal anyway right?  Redman too, Redman was a cool guest...then that big Wu summit type one. 

10 hours ago, J Dog said:

Murder Was the Case (soundtrack)

Underrated lil album, I love that song with Tray Deee 21 Jumpstreet, Dollar and Sense, What Would You Do, that one with Sam Sneed, Natural Born Killaz, some quality on there.  Not too hot on the Murder Was the Case with the weird beat though, the original was class, the one off of Doggystyle.  I used to think that little skit, the 'yeah n!gga, yous a dead motherfucker nooow' one was so fuckin'...gangsta :lol: 

57 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I do love Drink Champs, I'm glad they fixed their sound shit up, it was kinda low rent early doors but its really good but like the thing I like most is the guests, fuckin' Kane, KRS, LL Cool J, Mike Epps, Raekwon the Chef, 50, some serious quality in there.  I don't mind NORE interupting, its all kinda cool and informal anyway right?  Redman too, Redman was a cool guest...then that big Wu summit type one. 

Yeah they get the big boys in, Puffy I recall as well. Funny one and It relates to the interrupting part was when they had TK Kirkland there he was like "mutherfucker you need to shut the fuck up while im talking " dead serious as well hehe

13 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Underrated lil album, I love that song with Tray Deee 21 Jumpstreet, Dollar and Sense, What Would You Do, that one with Sam Sneed, Natural Born Killaz, some quality on there.  Not too hot on the Murder Was the Case with the weird beat though, the original was class, the one off of Doggystyle.  I used to think that little skit, the 'yeah n!gga, yous a dead motherfucker nooow' one was so fuckin'...gangsta :lol: 

The remix is aright but doesn’t have nothing on the original. Ever seen the actual movie? Early Charlie Murphy sighting!

It really is a great album. All those songs you mentioned are pretty much classics. U Better Recognize by Sam Sneed, that’s one’s great. I love the DJ Quik track. There’s a real good Nate Dogg solo song I forgot about. And a track with Snoop and Dogg Pound and a couple of others called Who Got Some Gangsta Shit?, another one I’d forgotten about but man, it’s such a great song. One of those g-funk beats that is smooth but still hard as hell at the same time.

Classic soundtrack.

8 hours ago, J Dog said:

The remix is aright but doesn’t have nothing on the original. Ever seen the actual movie? Early Charlie Murphy sighting!

It really is a great album. All those songs you mentioned are pretty much classics. U Better Recognize by Sam Sneed, that’s one’s great. I love the DJ Quik track. There’s a real good Nate Dogg solo song I forgot about. And a track with Snoop and Dogg Pound and a couple of others called Who Got Some Gangsta Shit?, another one I’d forgotten about but man, it’s such a great song. One of those g-funk beats that is smooth but still hard as hell at the same time.

Classic soundtrack.

The movie is kinda forgettable if I'm honest.  Its that little 30 minute thing isn't it?  Yeah, I used to have that on VHS.

On topic:

Let it Be - The Beatles

Edited by Len Cnut

On 6/17/2019 at 12:26 PM, Len Cnut said:

Sumlin was a fuckin’ G.  I bought the other Howlin Wolf CD you was listening to the other day off of ebay, 2.99, brand new with that plastic wrapper and everything, not bad eh?

Apparently back in the day Wolf used to keep his band in check by kicking the fuck out of em :lol: 

Moaning' in the Moonlight?

Howlin'_Wolf_Moanin'_in_the_Moonlight.jp

On 6/22/2019 at 5:04 AM, Len Cnut said:

The movie is kinda forgettable if I'm honest.  Its that little 30 minute thing isn't it?  Yeah, I used to have that on VHS.

On topic:

Let it Be - The Beatles

Forgettable? Charlie Murphy is the only thing I remember :lol: and he’s not memorable in it but it’s just, Charlie Murphy! (in my Rick James voice). It was pretty much a 30 min long music video. The Natural Born Killaz video was pretty cool tho. Cube and Dre buggin out, an OJ Simpson re-enactment, and 2Pac as a police sniper.

6 hours ago, J Dog said:

Forgettable? Charlie Murphy is the only thing I remember :lol: and he’s not memorable in it but it’s just, Charlie Murphy! (in my Rick James voice). It was pretty much a 30 min long music video. The Natural Born Killaz video was pretty cool tho. Cube and Dre buggin out, an OJ Simpson re-enactment, and 2Pac as a police sniper.

To be fair to them I don't think they were like, doing em to make quality cinema, they were just doin' em just to do em, to break ground, to do the Thriller thing y'know, the big crazy long video thing.  I weren't really aware of it at the time but like, what we were living through back then was to hip hop what the 1950s and 60s were to rock n roll, the best era of it, they were really making their bones and laying down markers, especially Death Row and them.  I never did spot Tupac in that fuckin' thing!

On topic:

Main Offender - Keith Richards

On 23/06/2019 at 11:21 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Moaning' in the Moonlight?

Howlin'_Wolf_Moanin'_in_the_Moonlight.jp

Thats the one, was just listening to it in the car actually, I've heard it before, quite a fair bit though a long while ago but fuckin' hell, 2.99 to have it sitting in the motor, can't argue with that.

25 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

To be fair to them I don't think they were like, doing em to make quality cinema, they were just doin' em just to do em, to break ground, to do the Thriller thing y'know, the big crazy long video thing.  I weren't really aware of it at the time but like, what we were living through back then was to hip hop what the 1950s and 60s were to rock n roll, the best era of it, they were really making their bones and laying down markers, especially Death Row and them.  I never did spot Tupac in that fuckin' thing!

On topic:

Main Offender - Keith Richards

Thats the one, was just listening to it in the car actually, I've heard it before, quite a fair bit though a long while ago but fuckin' hell, 2.99 to have it sitting in the motor, can't argue with that.

The first two songs, "Moanin' at Midnight" and "How Many More Years'', were recorded at Sam Phillips' Sun. Chess bought them up to issue before sort of stealing Howlin' Wolf, carrying him off to Chicago, which is where the rest of the album was recorded. You can hear the difference in the bands, the style and the recording techniques. 

Edited by DieselDaisy