Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The last Stones book I read was this really trashy Jagger book which I wouldn't recommend. Stoned or something.

What do you make of Goats Head Soup? Criminally reviled in my opinion.

That was one of the ones i got immediately into upon first listen back when i first gave the stones a bash, like 15 years ago.  I don't see the fault in it myself, not really a bad track on it as such.  I think it's just one of the things about being consistently brilliant, the minute you're just very very very good people notice.  Starfucker is one of their best tunes per se, Dancing with Mr D is a belter, so's Angie, I remember quite liking Silver Train too...and Winter being a ballady sort of a thing.  I'd have to give it another listen but to be honest I'm enjoying the early stuff way too much yet. 

Connection is amazing, I been listening to it over and over for a couple of days now.

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

That was one of the ones i got immediately into upon first listen back when i first gave the stones a bash, like 15 years ago.  I don't see the fault in it myself, not really a bad track on it as such.  I think it's just one of the things about being consistently brilliant, the minute you're just very very very good people notice.  Starfucker is one of their best tunes per se, Dancing with Mr D is a belter, so's Angie, I remember quite liking Silver Train too...and Winter being a ballady sort of a thing.  I'd have to give it another listen but to be honest I'm enjoying the early stuff way too much yet. 

Connection is amazing, I been listening to it over and over for a couple of days now.

I like Something Happened to Me Yesterday on that record. Total Kinks rip but a good one I feel. I really like the contrast between Mick and Keith's voices.

15 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I like Something Happened to Me Yesterday on that record. Total Kinks rip but a good one I feel. I really like the contrast between Mick and Keith's voices.

Thats why they do harmonies so brilliantly, they sound great live doing Sweet Virginia and Dead Flowers, there's a wonderful kinda clash to it.  i think that song owes as much to Got To Get You Into My Life as The Kinks.

Edited by Len Cnut

2 minutes ago, Johnny Drama said:

King Parrot's an Aussie grindcore/death metal band. They completely offset the woofter quota in there. :lol:

Yeah that threw me off there, I didnt know who the fuck King Parrott was, sound like a heavy psychedelic jam band so i thought I'd try my luck and file em under 'batty man ting' :lol:

I don't know.  I'm just a lazy cunt nowadays.  Seriously sometimes take weeks to respond to basic messages. 

But here?  Man you post and then no one's around.  I like this.  I want fucking bang bang bang. Proper banter. None of this post shit and then wait until the chickens come home to roost for the collective buggaluggsasas of MyGN'R to offer their two cents.  We don't got that much around Anything Goes like we used to. 

5 minutes ago, Johnny Drama said:

I don't know.  I'm just a lazy cunt nowadays.  Seriously sometimes take weeks to respond to basic messages. 

But here?  Man you post and then no one's around.  I like this.  I want fucking bang bang bang. Proper banter. None of this post shit and then wait until the chickens come home to roost for the collective buggaluggsasas of MyGN'R to offer their two cents.  We don't got that much around Anything Goes like we used to. 

Yeah it has quietened down considerably I must say, including myself.  Good to hear from your bean countin' tamil convict arse though man, hope alls well.

The Killers - Wonderful Wonderful

It's a solid effort and the critics are loving it, but for me it's a grower. I think part of it was learning that Dave Keuning hardly played a note on it and now won't be doing the tour. Bit of a buzzkill, but I'll give the able another shot from start to finish.

5 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Foo Fighters- Concrete and Gold

I am seeing them in a few weeks, can't fucking wait! They always put on a good show.

They do put on a good show! I didn't realize how much I liked the Foo Fighters til I caught them live a couple of years ago. So much fun. Managed to snag myself a ticket for their show in my college town in November, and I'm definitely looking forward to it. 

I've been really into "Run" and "The Sky Is A Neighborhood" lately, but have only given the album a full play once so far. Second listen commencing now.

• Like 1