Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Whatcha make of it?

I've only listened to it a couple of times all of the way through and it's just okay for me at the moment.  

I like Liam's vocals a lot, I love listening to his singing he is very melodic I think, after that, there's about three or four songs that I can say I really like but the rest are just a bit too dreary, especially after half way through the album. 

It could've done with a couple more rockers, but I don't think it's a bad effort at all. 

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I've only listened to it a couple of times all of the way through and it's just okay for me at the moment.  

I like Liam's vocals a lot, I love listening to his singing he is very melodic I think, after that, there's about three or four songs that I can say I really like but the rest are just a bit too dreary, especially after half way through the album. 

It could've done with a couple more rockers, but I don't think it's a bad effort at all. 

I find the lyrics a bit naff, with Noel and Liams work.  Its just a little too obviously words put together that just go well...which can work well if its the right band doing it but in the wrong hands it just feels like some sort of empty pop culture sloganeering and attempts at clever wordplay that at best aren’t that clever and at worst are obviously meaningless.

25 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I find the lyrics a bit naff, with Noel and Liams work.  Its just a little too obviously words put together that just go well...which can work well if its the right band doing it but in the wrong hands it just feels like some sort of empty pop culture sloganeering and attempts at clever wordplay that at best aren’t that clever and at worst are obviously meaningless.

This is what I don't get with both Liam and Noel. I read their interviews or listen to them being interviewed and they come across as really quick witted and intelligent, but they don't seem able to apply that to their lyrics. 

Liams album has been pulled up for his silly lyrics in all of the reviews I've read, especially that Brexit one :lol:

I'm not sure it was a good idea to bring in professional songwriters too.

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

This is what I don't get with both Liam and Noel. I read their interviews or listen to them being interviewed and they come across as really quick witted and intelligent, but they don't seem able to apply that to their lyrics. 

Liams album has been pulled up for his silly lyrics in all of the reviews I've read, especially that Brexit one :lol:

I'm not sure it was a good idea to bring in professional songwriters too.

They seem to be just going for Noel knock offs eh?  I suppose theres a difference between being a gobby little shite and a good songwriter :lol:  I dunno, i like the pro songwriters, they took it a step above Beady Eye who i thought was shite.

Edited by Len Cnut