Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

On 12/10/2017 at 7:55 AM, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Backyard Babies- Four by Four

Also, if anyone could point me in the direction of some quality punk bands from the late 70s/early 80s, I'd appreciate it 

Funnily enough im going through abit of a American hardcore punk phase atm. Poison Idea- Feel the Darkness, the album i put above was released in 1990 i think but the band was formed in the early 80's. Check out The Adolescents self titled debut i love that one.

14 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

Funnily enough im going through abit of a American hardcore punk phase atm. Poison Idea- Feel the Darkness, the album i put above was released in 1990 i think but the band was formed in the early 80's. Check out The Adolescents self titled debut i love that one.

I Hate Children is a particular favourite!

On 09/12/2017 at 11:55 PM, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Also, if anyone could point me in the direction of some quality punk bands from the late 70s/early 80s, I'd appreciate it 

I could write you a masters thesis on it my man, what sort of punk do you like?

• Like 1

One Hot Minute - Chili Peppers

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

LAMF - Johnny Thunders & The Heartbreakers

Young Loud & Snotty - The Dead Boys

You turned me onto to the Johnny Thunders, I'm a big fan now. Lamf is great. 

Great Big Kiss on his second album is the best song I've ever heard :lol:

The Pistols, The Clash, and The Stooges is where I started. I didn't get into Thunders until late in the game. I tried NY Dolls back in the day and it just wasn't my thing so I never really gave Thunders a chance. I'd put LAMF up there with all of those other big albums.

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Doesn't everybody start with Nevermind the Bollocks and The Clash - I was always told those are the 'big two' of punk? (Coincidentally I have both on vinyl).

I  have my original Bollocks vinyl but really got into Punk through Husker Du....probably because they used to play in clubs where I lived.....

Howlin'_Wolf_Moanin'_in_the_Moonlight.jp

This is my new favourite album of all time. ''Now I'm old and gray, got no place to go//Now I'm old and gray, got no place to go//You got yourself a youngster and you can't stand me no more'' - the way he sings ''youngster'', with such venom. 

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

Oh The Saints how could i forget, from Brisbane Australia. Amazingly The Sex Pistols, The Ramones and The Saints all came out in the space of about a year. The Saints actually released their album before the Pistols and are still to this day shamefully overlooked.

The Viletones from Canada are a band that demand attention, as are Teenage Head

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

More like a couple good ideas... I can't think of one song I want to listen to again.

His midlife crisis is painful to listen to.

Yes, an Axl Rose fan just said that. :lol:

Yeah, that's a good way to put it. I mean, I just keep listening to Framed since it sounds like a leftover from Relapse. But that's about it. Maybe Castle, too. The Pink feature is literally a fucking Pink song featuring Eminem. Such a confusing mess.

1 hour ago, Zeppelin said:

Yeah, that's a good way to put it. I mean, I just keep listening to Framed since it sounds like a leftover from Relapse. But that's about it. Maybe Castle, too. The Pink feature is literally a fucking Pink song featuring Eminem. Such a confusing mess.

Pretty sure Tragic Endings is a leftover as well...