Broskirose

Last full album you listened to?

Davey Jones's Ziggy Stardust. What a complete load of bollocks. I've finally listened to it though; it was one of those 'classic albums' I had never gotten around to listening to - one scratched off the bucket list you might say?

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Davey Jones's Ziggy Stardust. What a complete load of bollocks. I've finally listened to it though; it was one of those 'classic albums' I had never gotten around to listening to - one scratched off the bucket list you might say?

I dunno man, to me its one of those albums that like...you immediately remember all the songs.  Thing is about all this concept album stuff I think its very much of its time, it suffers a bit, the Bowie thing, since the cannonization of Saint Bowie.  I do think its at very least a 8 or 9 out of 10.  I know someone who used to go to school with him in Brixton. 

I actually have changed my mind about Ziggy. I rather like it. It has some gorgeous Beatlesque harmonies and bits of silky guitar and orchestration. It seems to be the album which best encompasses the 1970s. 

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I actually have changed my mind about Ziggy. I rather like it. It has some gorgeous Beatlesque harmonies and bits of silky guitar and orchestration. It seems to be the album which best encompasses the 1970s. 

Told ya!  I dunno about best encompasses the 70s but its a cracker.

15 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Told ya!  I dunno about best encompasses the 70s but its a cracker.

It is just it is a very 1970s album.

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is just it is a very 1970s album.

Oh definitely!  Y'know one of my very early musical memories, though God knows why cuz I weren't alive then, is David Bowie playing Starman on TOTP.  To me like, a sign of a great album is that the songs instantly stick in your head.  A great pop album anyway.  Dont get me wrong, some are slow burners that you learn to love over a period of time but some just instantly get into you and Ziggy was like that with me, by the end of the album I could go through the tracklisting and like...I could REALLY recognise every track.  Its based on Iggy y'know, the character, Ziggy Stardust, loosely inspired anyway.  He kind of looked like the future in the early 70s, to Bowie.  Rock n Roll Suicide, what everyone thought was the logical culmination of Iggys nihilistic work.  Suffragette City is a wonderful song, a proper Chuck Berry track.  Bowie was been referred to by now as a sponge and a cultural vampire, sort of like a musical version of a forward thinking Tarantino where he went around looking at cutting edge stuff, nicking what he liked best and then making this sort of...pastiche of it.

11 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Oh definitely!  Y'know one of my very early musical memories, though God knows why cuz I weren't alive then, is David Bowie playing Starman on TOTP.  To me like, a sign of a great album is that the songs instantly stick in your head.  A great pop album anyway.  Dont get me wrong, some are slow burners that you learn to love over a period of time but some just instantly get into you and Ziggy was like that with me, by the end of the album I could go through the tracklisting and like...I could REALLY recognise every track.  Its based on Iggy y'know, the character, Ziggy Stardust, loosely inspired anyway.  He kind of looked like the future in the early 70s, to Bowie.  Rock n Roll Suicide, what everyone thought was the logical culmination of Iggys nihilistic work.  Suffragette City is a wonderful song, a proper Chuck Berry track.  Bowie was been referred to by now as a sponge and a cultural vampire, sort of like a musical version of a forward thinking Tarantino where he went around looking at cutting edge stuff, nicking what he liked best and then making this sort of...pastiche of it.

What is  #your favourite LP of his? I am listening to Aladdin Sane; it begins with a Stones rip. 

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

What is  #your favourite LP of his? I am listening to Aladdin Sane; it begins with a Stones rip. 

The one you’re listening to funnily enough!

Who Built the Moon? - Noel Gallagher & his Ever-loving Beatles-esque Rave Era Rock n Roll Troupe No 2

The very best in 1970s' British poofta rock,

Queen, News Of The World  (40th Anniversary boxset), and no, I didn't bloody pay for it, not at its ''Guns N' Roses'' price!
Queen, A Night At the Opera
Bowie, Aladdin Sane
Bowie, Ziggy Stardust

Edit,

Enough of that stuff. Time for,

JamesBrown_LPP.jpg

JBrown_Revolution_of_the_Mind.jpg

Edited by DieselDaisy