Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

8 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

It Was Written - Nas...underrated album

Great album. Wasn't too underrated over here I don't think. Of course it doesn't get the same love Illmatic gets, but most people consider it his last great album before his "fall off" and Stillmatic comeback. If I Ruled the World and Street Dreams were both monster hits. Even though I'd say (and I'm probably a little biased here :lol:) All Eyez On Me used that beat to a much better effect than Street Dreams. Good album though, I might have to give some Nas a spin soon, it's been awhile.

28 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Great album. Wasn't too underrated over here I don't think. Of course it doesn't get the same love Illmatic gets, but most people consider it his last great album before his "fall off" and Stillmatic comeback. If I Ruled the World and Street Dreams were both monster hits. Even though I'd say (and I'm probably a little biased here :lol:) All Eyez On Me used that beat to a much better effect than Street Dreams. Good album though, I might have to give some Nas a spin soon, it's been awhile.

It was rated in that it sold a lot but if i recall a lotta folks at the same time thought it was a bit of a sellout, all that mafioso shit, falling in the with the trend of the time.  Lyrically Nas is always gonna be nice.  When Nas was like, just pure hip hop if you like, not that this album isn’t.

Thing about this album is it came out at a time where there was SO many hot albums dropping, looking back it was an embarassment of riches, 95, 96, 97, its like a golden age all of its own.  And yeah I agree Pac made MUCH better use of that beat, its kinda memorable because of Pac, as sick as Street Dreams is in a Pacless world if it had just been used by Nas it woulda just been a good beat instead of like, one of the best hip hop beats of all time.  With Pac around a lot of really great stuff was overshadowed too, I mean like on the rotation of fans