Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Yknow i dont think I ever listened to that, despite it being obviously in line with my taste, whats it like?

Beautiful. It’s an obvious idea for a psychedelic indie band to take on rave culture. But everyone had Andy weathrrall tapes. It’s probably  the classic 90s album. It has everything. 

Just now, wasted said:

Beautiful. It’s an obvious idea for a psychedelic indie band to take on rave culture. But everyone had Andy weathrrall tapes. It’s probably  the classic 90s album. It has everything. 

Dunno why I never listened to it, I really don’t, its probably the only one of the sort of seminal 90s albums I never listened to.  That and the Manic Street Preachers too perhaps

12 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Dunno why I never listened to it, I really don’t, its probably the only one of the sort of seminal 90s albums I never listened to.  That and the Manic Street Preachers too perhaps

They both have a poppy element? Both are kind of self conscious? 

36 minutes ago, wasted said:

They both have a poppy element? Both are kind of self conscious? 

The Manics just went totally under my radar.  I mean I remember Design for Life coming out but that was the first I ever heard of em, didnt know til later that they had a whole history before that.

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

The Manics just went totally under my radar.  I mean I remember Design for Life coming out but that was the first I ever heard of em, didnt know til later that they had a whole history before that.

Those first 3 records are worth a listen. Design for Life era is Oasis inspired. 

The Scream just did a shit load of drugs at any chance. Sometimes a bit Karoke Stones but Give Out But Don’t Give Up is fun album for getting wrecked to. Bobby Gillispie started as the drummer for Jesus and Mary Chain, maybe on Psychocandy. 

11 hours ago, wasted said:

Those first 3 records are worth a listen. Design for Life era is Oasis inspired. 

The Scream just did a shit load of drugs at any chance. Sometimes a bit Karoke Stones but Give Out But Don’t Give Up is fun album for getting wrecked to. Bobby Gillispie started as the drummer for Jesus and Mary Chain, maybe on Psychocandy. 

Yeah, I know all about Bobby Gillespie.  Makes it double strange that I never saw Screamadelica.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Yeah, I know all about Bobby Gillespie.  Makes it double strange that I never saw Screamadelica.

You can listen to it on youtube. It’s perfect summer record. There’s a few songs but half of it is dancey things. It goes into the top 5 with ChangesBowie and Resevoir Dogs soundtrack. 

7 hours ago, wasted said:

You can listen to it on youtube. It’s perfect summer record. There’s a few songs but half of it is dancey things. It goes into the top 5 with ChangesBowie and Resevoir Dogs soundtrack. 

The fuckin' Dogs soundtrack was fuckin' massive back in the day.  So was Pulp Fiction.  Like proper top selling albums. 

Elgar, Complete Symphonies 

Appetite boxset (filched). I just think I'm completely bored with this album to the extent that I feel rather flat listening to these songs, in whatever guise, studio, demo, live.  

Junglegroove.jpg

Ronettes.jpg

220px-The_Fabulous_Little_Richard_1959.j

51NDI1rACuL._SX355_.jpg

Carnaval is very famous, a Romantic series of short piano pieces based around Commedia dell'arte.

• Like 1