Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

Out of Our Heads - The Rolling Stones

I sort of stopped my expoloration of their albums at Steel Wheels, not that they were getting shit, it had just been a bit of a while shaggin' Stones albums consecutively.  I kinda gave each album a good few weeks and now, with a little water under the bridge, I find myself turning back to some of my favourites, this ones a particularly good one.  Quite frankly they're all favourites but this is like one of them ones that strike me as like...I dunno, whats the word/phrase I'm looking for?  They were really revving up at this point, really sounding the business.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Out of Our Heads - The Rolling Stones

I sort of stopped my expoloration of their albums at Steel Wheels, not that they were getting shit, it had just been a bit of a while shaggin' Stones albums consecutively.  I kinda gave each album a good few weeks and now, with a little water under the bridge, I find myself turning back to some of my favourites, this ones a particularly good one.  Quite frankly they're all favourites but this is like one of them ones that strike me as like...I dunno, whats the word/phrase I'm looking for?  They were really revving up at this point, really sounding the business.

Their post-Wyman stuff is worth exploring. I have always found Babylon undervalued, although I personally didn't care for Bigger Bang.

Edited by DieselDaisy

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Their post-Wyman stuff is worth exploring. I have always found Babylon undervalued, although I personally didn't care for Bigger Bang.

I find myself really loving the early albums of all 60s bands more, even the ones wth seriously substantial late runs or like, peaks in the 70s.  The Beatles, The Stones, The Who, The Kinks, all that early stuff was fantastic.  On an artistic level its hard to not highly rate the 70s output of The Stones but the 60s stuff always feels more like the heart and soul of what they were about.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I find myself really loving the early albums of all 60s bands more, even the ones wth seriously substantial late runs or like, peaks in the 70s.  The Beatles, The Stones, The Who, The Kinks, all that early stuff was fantastic.  On an artistic level its hard to not highly rate the 70s output of The Stones but the 60s stuff always feels more like the heart and soul of what they were about.

I bloody love Blue and Lonesome

Jazz at Massey Hall - Charlie Parker, Max Roach, Bud Powell, Charles Mingus and Dizzy Gillespie, everyone literally a titan in the jazz field.  Isn't it weird how supergroups tend to work much better in a jazz context?  Perhaps its something to do with the free form nature of jazz, where as crafting rock songs and such is like...I dunno, a different tin of tuna altogether.

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Jazz at Massey Hall - Charlie Parker, Max Roach, Bud Powell, Charles Mingus and Dizzy Gillespie, everyone literally a titan in the jazz field.  Isn't it weird how supergroups tend to work much better in a jazz context?  Perhaps its something to do with the free form nature of jazz, where as crafting rock songs and such is like...I dunno, a different tin of tuna altogether.

Have you seen the biopic Bird?  I thought it was solid but maybe not as good as it could've been.  Forrest Whitaker was fantastic though as Parker and Clint Eastwood directed it.

2 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Have you seen the biopic Bird?  I thought it was solid but maybe not as good as it could've been.  Forrest Whitaker was fantastic though as Parker and Clint Eastwood directed it.

Yeah, I saw it a long time ago, I remember enjoying it and feeling like I wanted to give it a rewatch.