Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

220px-Leader_of_the_Pack_(album).jpeg]

The Shangri-Las are one of those bands that are difficult to describe. You have these punky brat-Americana pop songs but then you have these weird slow spoken songs which seem to anticipate some arty thing, like The Doors. Then there is their image with the two twins. Just really hard to describe.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It’s okay. There are some silly lyrics again and one song has cool, school and pool in it which is sung as kewl, skewl, pewl :lol:

It’s quite good for Liam to be fair and I love his singing, he sounds great on this record. 

I sort of liked the first one but I didn't really wanna listen to it a lot because it gave me this feel of like...a pool where the deep end ain't so deep so best not wade through and disappoint yourself.  I loved Wall of Glass though, that was a fuckin' stonker.

On 20/09/2019 at 11:44 PM, DieselDaisy said:

220px-Leader_of_the_Pack_(album).jpeg]

The Shangri-Las are one of those bands that are difficult to describe. You have these punky brat-Americana pop songs but then you have these weird slow spoken songs which seem to anticipate some arty thing, like The Doors. Then there is their image with the two twins. Just really hard to describe.

Girl group for Queens Noo Yawk?  Nah, I totally agree with you actually.  Great Big Kiss is one of the first songs I ever learned on guitar.  Doing it the Johnny Thunders way mind.

Sticky Fingers - The Rolling Stones

I heard some sort of interview the other day where a bloke was saying that he basically thinks, for no good reason mind, that The Stones stole Dead Flowers from Gram Parsons...that he was basically chilling out jamming, mullered, round Nellcote and they just ponced it off him.  The sort of shit that comes out of peoples mouths, honestly.  Unsubstantiated shit at that.  I mean I know a lot is made of Grams association with The Stones and the bearing that shit has on some of their country sound but is that basically it or is there more to it?  Is that the grounds for that accusation, that it just sounds TOO authentic.  Shit, The Stones had that black American shit down to a T by the 70s.  I mean Bitch, that track to me is pure fuckin' RnB, that coulda been a black mans tune and I woulda been none the wiser.