Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

Been listening to Some Kind of Blue by Miles Davis pretty much on repeat for a fortnight.  Jazz is weird, its not like other albums where like...conventional pop music kinda sticks in your head and then you know it and, unless its some kinda fuckin' lightning in a bottle class, you're done with it.  Jazz never feels entirely familiar.  Little sections and phrases do but the whole thing isn't like...so easy to digest.  Classical is like that too.  Its like a slow burner.  I really like it.  I've been into Jazz in terms of like, the odd artist, Monk, Coltrane, Miles...its something that I've come to grasp very gradually.  Not saying I've fully grasped it, just like...proper getting into it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Been listening to Some Kind of Blue by Miles Davis pretty much on repeat for a fortnight.  Jazz is weird, its not like other albums where like...conventional pop music kinda sticks in your head and then you know it and, unless its some kinda fuckin' lightning in a bottle class, you're done with it.  Jazz never feels entirely familiar.  Little sections and phrases do but the whole thing isn't like...so easy to digest.  Classical is like that too.  Its like a slow burner.  I really like it.  I've been into Jazz in terms of like, the odd artist, Monk, Coltrane, Miles...its something that I've come to grasp very gradually.  Not saying I've fully grasped it, just like...proper getting into it.

You are discussing bee-bop. I like the old New Orleans stuff, Armstrong and the Hot Five and Sevens. 

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You are discussing bee-bop. I like the old New Orleans stuff, Armstrong and the Hot Five and Sevens. 

Yeah, nah, so far I’m more into the modern stuff, as in like modern jazz as opposed to the older stuff, I don’t mean like 21st Century jazz.  I’ve dipped my toe in some other stuff, Fats Waller, Cab Calloway...whats the name of the guy who did Caldonia that James Brown loved?  I checked him out just from James Brown referencing him in that Jagger produced documentary James Brown documentary.

• 2 weeks later...

71cNwJA6sML._SS500_.jpg

Loved the first song, the rest is more poetry reading to background music. If you're into that kinda thing you'll love it. I thought it was alright, but nowhere near the amazing You Want It Darker. 

9200000039374458.jpg 

Pretty good, but also some real filler outtakes on there. Again nowhere near the landmark that is Buena Vista Social Club

71isa255XeL._SS500_.jpg  

And once again some amazing stuff and some ok to weird stuff. But this series hasn't had a dud in it yet and this certainly isn't a dud either. Love the interaction between Dylan and Cash. 

motorhead - overkill. such a great album to forget all your problems, just mindless fun. Listening to this, pretending that I live in the careless '80s where death, climate change, old age, disease and political correctness didn't exist and everyone just had fun. I'm not the biggest motorhead expert, but overkill is pretty awesome.

rolling stones - blue and lonesome: initially didn't like this much. I think jagger oversings the songs here and there, and also the album is mastered very loud. But, my opinion has slightly changed. There are some great riffs to be found here. hate to see you go is my favorite here. Also like just your fool, ride em on down and hoo doo blues. I'm not too fond of jagger's delivery on "I cant quit you babe". Definately oversings there, I think this spoiled much of my enjoyment of the album, initially.